Missing My Mom

Camera Eye82

As I venture to my second and third Rush show on this tour in September. I played After Image from G/P ( Suddenly you were gone )and it hit me. Its going on 5 years since my Mom has past away. I felt very alone and sad. But then I started to remember that she would take me to the record store so I could buy my Rush records and allow me to play them as loud as I wanted until Dad came home from work. She would stand in line at The Hecht Company to buy Rush tickets for me and my brother when I was in school and even went to the record store and picked up a copy of Power Windows for me while I was working. She brought it to me at work and said here I know you coudldn't wait until you got off of work to get the brand new Rush record .. My Mom was great and awesome..She liked Rush because she said that they were good guys..I was proud of her for saying that about my favorite band. She loved the video to Countdown and her favorite song was The Spirit of Radio..

Hmmmm awesome memories I miss you Mom Love ya...

Sorry everyone but I had to let everyone know that my Mom was a great lady and a loyal Rush fan... 2.gif

Your mom sounds like she was a great person. I'm sorry for your loss. I've lost both my parents. My mom in 95 and my dad 10 years later almost to the exact same day. It's a part of life I guess but it's really sad. My parents didn't mind my rush music but then again they were both deaf mutes. Now my "Ozzy: Speak Of The Devil" album did have a cover that disturbed my mother a great deal. lol. I think she worried about me over that one.

2.gif

Touching story man. very sorry for your loss, I've never had to suffer the loss of a very close loved one; so i can't even begin to imagine how it feels. It's interesting how 'Afterimage' can bring back pain like that. sad.gif

It is difficult to lose a loved one but isn't it wonderful that music can bring back memories. Even though there is pain, there are memories that come back through the music to make us remember the wonderful times. Thank you for the post, it made me appreciate what I have.

Almost everyone lives to have their parents die, and almost nobody gets over it. It sucks. I'm sorry you miss her, she sounds like she was especially nice at times, and it also sounds like you two got along great. You always have memories..

And I don't mean to stretch out too much with this advice, since I don't really know you, but I'll throw it out there just in case: "Talk to her." Just talking to her (in your mind or out loud) will make you feel better. Made me feel better when my Grandpa died... I actually think it might be natural for people to do that, but I'm not sure.

My Mom knew how much I loved Rush (She passed away in '98) and was always great about it.... One of the strangest coincidences ever.... The night I turned 40(Always the day when you feel you are now starting the last half of your life), Sept 15 2007, Rush played the Bell Centre here in Montreal... Honestly, what were the odds of that... Here's to all the cool Moms and some mysterious workings wub.gif 2.gif

Memories live forever.....

Back in the late 70's my Mom sat down with me (14 yrs. at the time) and listened to the entire 2112 song because she knew how much it meant to me. We talked about individuality and one man's struggle against the masses.

She is 72 yrs. old now and in failing health....yet she was the first person to call me after the recent Irvine show to 'hear all about it' because she knows and respects how important Rush's music is to me (46 yrs. now).

Moms are the greatest people....and our memories will always remind us of that.

Whow Cool mom.. You got tears in my eyes man, miss my mom too, she was not fond of my music at all, she like the big band as did dad of course ...

She was cool lady...

Here's to Mom's trink39.gif LOVE You Miss You ..

I know your pain. In early 2007, my wife passed away unexpectedly. She was a hardcore Rush fan, and in fact we met each other because of Rush, when we saw each other's username in a yahoo chatroom back in 1999. So I can relate to your loss. This all goes to show how deeply important Rush has been in people's lives. There is definitely something special about sharing that bond with someone close to you.

It sounds like your mother was a great person. Always hold your memories near and dear to you!

Very touching story - thanks for sharing...

I lost my mom in May of 2009. While she was not a Rush fan, she did go out and buy Signals for me the day it came out. I was in high school. When I woke up the next day, it was on the counter. I opened it up and listened to the first few songs before we left for school.

Great memory...

trink39.gif

Archived