I saw Phish last night.....

jacob's ladder

I was never much of a Phish fan until recently when I started to listen to Sirius Satellite Radio station 17, Jam On. They play all kinds of live music jams. I really like it and I'm also becoming more a fan of Phish from listening to Jam On.

On another note, a long time ago I remember Geddy saying that 2.gif shows seemed to always sell out when 2.gif and Phish were playing shows near each other and at similar times. It would seem lots of Phish fans would buy up 2.gif tickets because of the similarities in the names. I guess the ticket takers didn't bother to read exactly what was printed on the ticket, so many Phish fans got to see Phish courtesy of a 2.gif ticket.

I saw a mighty fine show myself last night...I saw yet another modern supergroup...a melding of members from the band, Yes, and the band, Toto...

It's the Yes members that brought me out to the gig in NYC at B.B. King's...but, I gott tell ya, this was one of the most well-balanced presentations possible with the specific individuals involved...

The audience was treated to a little bit of everything...Got plenty of the Yes and Toto hits catalog, with some of the new tracks evenly spread throughout.

Two very cool, instrumental Yes medleys...The musicianship was hot, kid...And, the vocal harmonies between Billy Sherwood, Bobby Kimball and whomever played guitar was ultra-tight...

I don't remember a three hour show going by so quickly in the past...But, then again, this is the first concert I've ever seen where I had for myself a sit-down dinner and drinks and desert at a comfortable booth...

It was a very unique experience...at very close range...I could have taken an olive from my salad and pegged the drummer in the noggin easily...if I felt the urge.

Archived