Anyone know anything about...

A Farewell to Things

Quite possibly THE best 2.gif album you've never heard of. 1022.gif

Yeah Garden Road is epic. But my fav. part is the "count" in In The End. Best screamer ever.

This is from Wikipedia...

You should be able to find the show in Different Stages on this forum.

It is a pretty good piece of history in the Rush Time Machine capsule

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Fifth Order of Angels

Live album by Rush

Released 2001

Recorded August 26, 1974, Agora Theatre and Ballroom, Cleveland, Ohio

Genre Hard rock

Length 56:25

Label Sirius Records

The Fifth Order of Angels is a 1974 live bootleg album by Canadian rock band Rush. On August 26 1974, Rush played at the Agora Theatre and Ballroom in Cleveland, Ohio. The performance was the band's first recorded with drummer Neil Peart, who had joined the band on July 29, 1974, approximately one month prior to this recording. The concert was recorded live for the local FM station, WMMS, and was later released unofficially as The Fifth Order of Angels.

The setlist includes songs from the band's debut album, Rush, and features two early versions of songs from their second album Fly By Night. The recording also contains two unreleased songs and one cover of a song by Larry Williams.

Track listing

Intro/Announcer - 0:30

Finding My Way (Rush) - 5:07

Best I Can (Later released on Fly by Night) - 3:04

Need Some Love (Rush) - 3:24

In the End (Later released on Fly by Night) - 6:19

Fancy Dancer (unreleased) - 3:55

In the Mood (Rush) - 3:25

Bad Boy (Larry Williams cover) - 5:41

Here Again (Rush) - 8:03

Working Man (Rush) - 9:14

Drum solo - 3:10

What You're Doing (Rush) - 4:33

Garden Road (unreleased) - 3:07

Some years later, they replayed that concert live on WMMS Cleveland. They had Donna Halper come out and give an introduction.

Called "New in Town" - Platinum Edition. Far better quality than Fifth Order.

http://www.digitalrushexperience.com/datab...ecordingID=1510

Another very early concert in the history of Rush. Cleveland and Rush were quite a match in the mid seventies and Rush owes much of their initial success to Cleveland radio stations and their generous airplay. The Agora can be thanked for its practice of taping live shows at the time. This is the complete show, finally. When Geddy Lee released his solo album, WMMS radio in Cleveland re-broadcast the first two Rush shows from the Agora Theater in Cleveland. Newly remastered these shows sound fantastic and this is no exception. Hands down the best sounding early Rush recording. Even if you don't like old Rush, you'll love this show. The energy and raw power comes through with such clarity that you can hear Geddy and Alex using guitar pics! As with all Digital Reproductions releases, this recording is available for free trade. If you paid for the recording, someone ripped you off.

This is the version you want to hear!!!

I'm pretty sure I have this as well.

I bought it in 1986 on vinyl. It was labelled 2.gif Stellar Dynamics on UFO records. It has the same set list and it contains the first live performance of Fly By Night. Something else I thought was cool was that in one of Alex's solos you can hear parts of By-Tor and the Snow Dog.

Fancy Dancer and Garden Road are simply listed as Mystery Songs.

I haven't listened to it in about 20 years but I'm pretty sure it's the same record.

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Aug 19 2010, 09:04 AM)
QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Aug 18 2010, 12:26 PM)
Finally hearing Fancy Dancer and Garden Road was a treat biggrin.gif

oh totally. Hearing this for the first time was like Christmas morning!! 653.gif

hey FoxxiStarr, love the sig...it's so 70's! cool10.gif

Well Dave - I suppose that's MY Rush era. First heard them in the Summer of 1976 when a friend brought back a copy of Fly By Night from a holiday to Canada ... loved them ever since. First saw them in Glasgow in Feb 1978 on the Kings Tour. wub.gif

Archived