Bristow VA attendees...GTFIH!

GeminiRising79

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Aug 23 2010, 04:41 PM)
I feel that way too!  Interestingly enough, moving pix was the tour.  (i did see them in '94 but let's not talk about that show....boring!).

Counterparts tour BORING?? I have seen/heard many bootlegs from that tour, and personally, I would have loved to have been able to see that tour...myself, anyway wink.gif

Although, my first Rush concert was Test for Echo in '97, and i know THAT was a better tour than Counterparts though...but still... tongue.gif

Edited by ALifeson85

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushlady2112 @ Aug 22 2010, 09:05 AM)
I hate this venue as well, mostly because of the traffic jams entering and exiting the show. You're really screwed because there is only one way out, and you can't park elsewhere unless you want to walk 1-2 miles.

Anyway, I'll be wearing whatever fits at the time. I'm pregnant with twins and will be pretty easy to spot! I might design a shirt that says "Future Rush Fans" with an arrow pointing to the twins! I also have the Man in Star/2112 tattoo on my leg as well.

Try the VIP parking option. It costs $30 bucks, but you get in a lot that allows you to get out in 5 minutes after the show. Well worth it.

The trick to Nissan is to arrive early and tailgate if you can and in order to beat the major traffic out you have to get out of your seat during encore and watch the remaining of the show from the concourse level between 100/200! After the show ends you bolt to your car and your out pretty quickly. Works every time! If you stay in your seat your DEAD!

QUOTE (Mr Rush @ Sep 10 2010, 07:31 AM)
The trick to Nissan is to arrive early and tailgate if you can and in order to beat the major traffic out you have to get out of your seat during encore and watch the remaining of the show from the concourse level between 100/200! After the show ends you bolt to your car and your out pretty quickly. Works every time! If you stay in your seat your DEAD!

Great advice. That's worked for me on several occasions.

I'd love to hang out in the parking lot after the show until traffic dies down somewhat, but my experience there is that the security folks chase you out and make you sit in your car gridlocked.

QUOTE (Mr Rush @ Sep 10 2010, 07:31 AM)

If you wear your PF Flyers, you can bolt right after the encore and follow Neil's bus out! rofl3.gif

OK seriously, probably not a good thing to do, but if you leave before the final video starts playing, wouldn't that get you out before the rush (no pun intended)?

There won't be that many people there. The last show I stayed in my seat until the lights went up and we walked to our car and drove right out. I agree the place sucks when you have an event that draws a huge crowd but the last few rush shows there haven't even sold out the pavilion and the lawn is never that full.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Sep 10 2010, 11:36 AM)
There won't be that many people there. The last show I stayed in my seat until the lights went up and we walked to our car and drove right out. I agree the place sucks when you have an event that draws a huge crowd but the last few rush shows there haven't even sold out the pavilion and the lawn is never that full.

Even though my memmory is foggy, I don't recall have BIG delays getting out the last 2 Rush shows (maybe 15 minutes to get out). I do recall an Allman Brothers show where my car didn't move for an hour.

I do not believe that they are mostly broker tickets inside the Pavillion. This will be around my 8th show for Rush at Nissan and this is the first time I have ever seen Orchestra seats going for more than $300 a pop. I have been able to score orchestra seats each time for around $150 (row J and higher) a ticket week before the show. I don't think the brokers are hanging onto as many tickets as they have in the past for this one. If you look at broker sites they have a larger inventory of lawn seats compared to Pavillion this time.

Before brokers we're NEVER selling lawn seats for Rush In fact some years Nissan never even opened up the lawn for Rush.

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Sep 10 2010, 02:12 PM)
QUOTE (vaportrails14 @ Sep 10 2010, 01:41 PM)
i'm getting my lawn tickets day of

Depending upon how many "vip/band/crew" tickets are taken, you may luck out and score some really good seats the day of. Good luck!

That's how I'm going to try and upgrade what I currently have! I'll be checking every 15 min beginning the day before. It sucks but sometimes I get lucky!

i remember back in 2008 i already had my tix my brother and dad and my dad's girlfriend was gettin their lawn tix at the box office me and my brother walked up and scored cheaper lawn tix saved about 20 bucks

QUOTE (rushfr:CP @ Sep 15 2010, 02:32 PM)
I'm going but would like to get inside, does anybody have two extra tickets to sell??

there were tons (metric) available at the box office

hope you made it (it didn't suck!) smile.gif