Rush girls, why can I never find you?

ericplayzbass

QUOTE (ericplayzbass @ Aug 16 2010, 05:43 AM)
I've been going out with my girlfriend of right now for 13 months, but she doesn't like Rush, and that's kind of a deal breaker in the marriage field (only here could anyone understand that statement biggrin.gif )

I am 17 (will be Eighteen on 9/6/10)

Why is it so hard to find a girl my age like this:

Favorite band: Rush (obviously)
Religious views: doesn't really matter, preferably atheist or at least skeptical.
Looks: aren't all that important but obviously plays a factor, I like red heads.
Movies: comedies mostly, or Rush videos
Likes computers

With music being such a MASSIVE part of my life (taking up much of my day), a girl that doesn't like Rush is probably one of the worst things.

Now my question to you ladies, am I setting my standards way too high and being unrealistic or does a woman like this exist?

I meet those criteria!! I'm 18 right now lol and I freaking love Rush.

QUOTE (foxontherocks @ Jun 11 2012, 12:24 PM)
QUOTE (TheY2k @ Jun 10 2012, 01:01 PM)
And I guess other then Kelly I'll mostlikly never meet another person yet alone a girl who loves Rush as much as I do so idk...as for the guy who is trying to find a rush gal himself...I'm there with you and I wish you the best of luck.

If you're a guy looking for a gal to have fun with, just find someone you like to spend time with. The rest should fall into place. It takes time, that's for sure. I've had relationships that on paper, should have been great, but in the end, they didn't work out. In contrast, I was engaged to someone who was completely different from me. It shouldn't have worked, but it did. We knew how to (mostly) play nice, despite our different political views and the like.

I think in order to find the right person who will also like (or at least respect) your love of Rush, look for a woman with an open mind. People who are close minded won't do. Some of my better relationships have been with people who are literally willing to try just about anything once. tongue.gif So, as long as she doesn't "hate" rock or progressive music or whatever, then all is good.

Artsy women tend to be more open minded. You might want to look there. As for someone who forces you to listen to pop music, maybe look for women who DON'T like that sort of music and who like some other things you also enjoy.

Good luck finding someone. I have a music lover for a husband, and we probably have one of the most diverse music collections, including metal, prog, 80s pop, goth, industrial, ska, reggae, rockabilly, country, rap, and so on. I used to hide certain aspects of my love of music from people (I am ashamed of this now, actually), because liking this or that wasn't "cool" (such as old school country). I've actually found that there are more genres of music I like than I dislike. You will eventually find someone you click with, and maybe she will like Rush (or grow to like it).

Great advice!

QUOTE (DBJetsman @ Jul 2 2012, 02:02 PM)
Teenagers today in general have a s***y taste in music. I happen to be one of the exceptions. But seriously bro, a girl liking Rush is very very rare. Here, that sounds obsurd, but you would understand my logic if you were in high school today. biggrin.gif

Yes!! All people listen to are these lame songs you hear on the radio. Finding a Rush chick my age is rare, but its worth the hunt, and when some do tell me they do like Rush, then they're worth getting to know more. Who knows, some of my best friends who we have a lot in common do, in fact, like Rush. smile.gif

QUOTE (Amy Farrah Fowler @ Sep 28 2012, 06:29 AM)
I wasn't a big fan of the group until just a few years ago. Find a cool woman and get her interested in the group.

There's more to women than just liking Rush. wink.gif

that's an understatement smile.gif

QUOTE (DBJetsman @ Jul 3 2012, 05:02 AM)
Teenagers today in general have a s***y taste in music. I happen to be one of the exceptions. But seriously bro, a girl liking Rush is very very rare. Here, that sounds obsurd, but you would understand my logic if you were in high school today. biggrin.gif

In general, teenagers in the late 80s had shitty taste too: Paula Abdul, Bobby Brown, Milli Vanilli...

And there weren't that many girls into Rush back then either...probably even more rare than now.

I remember what it was like to be 17 and have my "list" of qualifications for my future spouse. My fiance meets almost none of them, haha. But that has been one of the best things for me. And if it wasn't for him I may have never known who Rush was.

So think about it, you might find somebody who opens up your mind and world to many things you haven't considered before and I promise it will be awesome.

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ForceTen @ Aug 16 2010, 09:52 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Aug 16 2010, 08:06 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Aug 16 2010, 08:56 AM)
Not liking Rush is a deal breaker? You might want to rethink that one. yes.gif

laugh.gif

Definitely...take Tick's advice!

Exactly. My wife never heard of Rush until we met as she was into other bands such as Go-Go's, Bangles, George Michael, etc (Clarification: this was 91 when we met wink.gif ). After a while, she came to like Rush. Heck, she even said after the S&A concert that witnessing Tom Sawyer live was worth the price of admission alone. smile.gif

Just because she doesn't like Rush now, doesn't mean that she won't in the future. biggrin.gif

Exactly! My husband is a huge Rush fan, but other than a few songs I could have cared less about them until a few years ago. He dragged me along to a concert of the Time Machine tour and I was hooked ever since. Now, *I'm* the one obsessed with them and he's shaking his head over what he has created, LOL!

Just find a girl who you like to be with, have other things in common with and slowly start introducing Rush to them. I would suggest starting with the newer stuff and not hit her with 2112 right off the bat. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 5 2012, 08:05 AM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Apr 26 2011, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ Apr 26 2011, 02:10 PM)
there needs to be a RUSH dating site...

I'd be all over that!!

And, if a dude happens to look like Geddy, I'd be all over him, too! laugh.gif laugh.gif

One of the reasons why I got together with Chris, lead singer of Lotus Land (and, of course, his beautiful soul, sparkling personality, and massive talent)! ;D

so reading forums and again you keep popping up on my searches... a few friends keep telling me to go and see LotusLand, and i know they are coming around my area, so i may do it when they come around again, I live in RI smile.gif on border to MA...

QUOTE (brianb23 @ Oct 12 2012, 09:59 AM)
QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 5 2012, 08:05 AM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Apr 26 2011, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ Apr 26 2011, 02:10 PM)
there needs to be a RUSH dating site...

I'd be all over that!!

And, if a dude happens to look like Geddy, I'd be all over him, too! laugh.gif laugh.gif

One of the reasons why I got together with Chris, lead singer of Lotus Land (and, of course, his beautiful soul, sparkling personality, and massive talent)! ;D

so reading forums and again you keep popping up on my searches... a few friends keep telling me to go and see LotusLand, and i know they are coming around my area, so i may do it when they come around again, I live in RI smile.gif on border to MA...

I lived next door to Chris (Geddy) for several years. He is an excellent musician. I haven't seen the band, but I've heard him play. He is a phenomenal guitarist.

I've heard their show is very good.

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Oct 12 2012, 07:33 PM) QUOTE (brianb23 @ Oct 12 2012, 09:59 AM) QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 5 2012, 08:05 AM) QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Apr 26 2011, 02:52 PM) QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ Apr 26 2011, 02:10 PM) there needs to be a RUSH dating site...

I'd be all over that!!

I lived next door to Chris (Geddy) for several years. He is an excellent musician. I haven't seen the band, but I've heard him play. He is a phenomenal guitarist.

I've heard their show is very good.

I think they made MANY fans a few Saturdays ago!

I've been going out with my girlfriend of right now for 13 months, but she doesn't like Rush, and that's kind of a deal breaker in the marriage field (only here could anyone understand that statement biggrin.gif )

I am 17 (will be Eighteen on 9/6/10)

Why is it so hard to find a girl my age like this:

Favorite band: Rush (obviously)

Religious views: doesn't really matter, preferably atheist or at least skeptical.

Looks: aren't all that important but obviously plays a factor, I like red heads.

Movies: comedies mostly, or Rush videos

Likes computers

With music being such a MASSIVE part of my life (taking up much of my day), a girl that doesn't like Rush is probably one of the worst things.

Now my question to you ladies, am I setting my standards way too high and being unrealistic or does a woman like this exist?

It depends. Harmony is most important. I'm a skeptic, but also open minded. If someone goes to church...this is okay. If someone drags me to church...it's not okay. If someone allows me to listen to Rush, without criticizing...it's okay. If someone refuses to let me watch Rush videos or mocks Rush...it's a problem.

The ability to respectfully agree to disagree is a good trait. If she is able to do this, not liking Rush can be forgiven. In other words, if she loves you for who you are, keep her.