Rush girls, why can I never find you?

ericplayzbass

I'm on the fence here. My first two serious boyfriends and all my semi-serious special someones have all at least had an appreciation for Rush's talent and catalog, if not my rabid devotion. I'd say, personally, that as long as the person I'm interested in also has something that they love just as much as I love Rush, it would all work out fine. Just as long as no one got jealous of the other's passion smile.gif

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 6 2012, 07:37 AM)
I'm on the fence here. My first two serious boyfriends and all my semi-serious special someones have all at least had an appreciation for Rush's talent and catalog, if not my rabid devotion. I'd say, personally, that as long as the person I'm interested in also has something that they love just as much as I love Rush, it would all work out fine. Just as long as no one got jealous of the other's passion smile.gif

It appears we share the same passion smile.gif

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jun 9 2012, 02:26 PM)

Indeed we do!

"Why are we here?" Because we love Rush, duh!

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 9 2012, 04:55 PM)

Indeed we do!

Funny story....i saw you at the last date for the time machine tour at the George Amp. and wanted to ask for your number....funny how these things work right?

QUOTE (TheY2k @ Jun 10 2012, 04:03 PM)
QUOTE (Kelly D @ Jun 9 2012, 04:55 PM)

Indeed we do!

Funny story....i saw you at the last date for the time machine tour at the George Amp. and wanted to ask for your number....funny how these things work right?

You see a girl at a RUSH gig whose number you want and you do NOT ask her for it? That's not funny, that's insanity. pokey.gif

Dude I'm shy and I was rocking out. Plus I didn't want it to be awkward so yea....but yes I see how insane it is.

And I guess other then Kelly I'll mostlikly never meet another person yet alone a girl who loves Rush as much as I do so idk...as for the guy who is trying to find a rush gal himself...I'm there with you and I wish you the best of luck.

QUOTE (TheY2k @ Jun 10 2012, 01:01 PM)
And I guess other then Kelly I'll mostlikly never meet another person yet alone a girl who loves Rush as much as I do so idk...as for the guy who is trying to find a rush gal himself...I'm there with you and I wish you the best of luck.

If you're a guy looking for a gal to have fun with, just find someone you like to spend time with. The rest should fall into place. It takes time, that's for sure. I've had relationships that on paper, should have been great, but in the end, they didn't work out. In contrast, I was engaged to someone who was completely different from me. It shouldn't have worked, but it did. We knew how to (mostly) play nice, despite our different political views and the like.

I think in order to find the right person who will also like (or at least respect) your love of Rush, look for a woman with an open mind. People who are close minded won't do. Some of my better relationships have been with people who are literally willing to try just about anything once. tongue.gif So, as long as she doesn't "hate" rock or progressive music or whatever, then all is good.

Artsy women tend to be more open minded. You might want to look there. As for someone who forces you to listen to pop music, maybe look for women who DON'T like that sort of music and who like some other things you also enjoy.

Good luck finding someone. I have a music lover for a husband, and we probably have one of the most diverse music collections, including metal, prog, 80s pop, goth, industrial, ska, reggae, rockabilly, country, rap, and so on. I used to hide certain aspects of my love of music from people (I am ashamed of this now, actually), because liking this or that wasn't "cool" (such as old school country). I've actually found that there are more genres of music I like than I dislike. You will eventually find someone you click with, and maybe she will like Rush (or grow to like it).

QUOTE (TheY2k @ Jun 10 2012, 03:03 AM)

Ah cool, you should've at least said hi! Where were you sitting?

Eh, my Ex was open minded about music, but close minded when it came to vocals.

She would focus on Geddy's voice and be like. "All his vocal melodies are in the same key, and pitch. I know what's going to come, before it comes." I see where she's coming from as well. But unlike her, I LIKE it like that.

Eventually, she caved in and admitted that they were excellent musicians, but that they should stop playing in the same key, and branch out.

I should add, that she is a professional singer, and classically trained pianist.

Edited by D3strukt

I love Rush and I married a guy who is not a big fan. Believe me there are much more important things to worry about in a relationship. Just live your life, have fun being young and stop worrying about marriage so early.

QUOTE (TheY2k @ Jun 11 2012, 08:47 PM)
I was front row. And I wish I would have but idk...oh well right?

Wow front row!!! That must've ruled!!!

QUOTE (Sword and Armor @ Jun 17 2012, 12:08 PM)
My wife wasn't a fan, so I just took her to a show on the S&A tour - instant conversion to a fan!

rofl3.gif

That's how ya do it!

Teenagers today in general have a s***y taste in music. I happen to be one of the exceptions. But seriously bro, a girl liking Rush is very very rare. Here, that sounds obsurd, but you would understand my logic if you were in high school today. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (DBJetsman @ Jul 2 2012, 03:02 PM)
Teenagers today in general have a s***y taste in music.  I happen to be one of the exceptions.  But seriously bro, a girl liking Rush is very very rare.  Here, that sounds obsurd, but you would understand my logic if you were in high school today.  biggrin.gif

I think high schoolers in general have shitty taste in music. I liked Rush in high school, but I also listened a lot of terrible music as well, and probably more that I'd like to admit. My excuse is that it was the late 80s, but you can fill in whatever modern decade in the blank and there was some awful schlock available. I would have to say that there are a lot more choices and more access to both good and bad music nowadays. Back then, you had what was played on the radio, listening to music friends purchased (or taped off the radio), and purchasing your own music (oftentimes without having any idea if the band or album was any good). At least you can sample bands via the internet, which has made music purchasing a lot less risky.

As for finding a girl who's into Rush that's in high school, it might happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath. As an older person, I would find it pretty miserable if the person I was with didn't at least like the majority of music I was into and liked going to concerts, etc., but in high school, musical taste was less of a priority. A lot of my friends and the guys I ended up dating liked classic rock, heavy metal, etc., but my boyfriend senior year was all about terrible rap music (which I HATED, by the way). We were really an odd couple --- he was into rap, hip hop, pop, and I was a rock/metal queen. I have NO idea why we were ever a couple or how we made it work as long as we did, but we did have some good times. I did bump into him online, and his awful music taste persists (he is a self proclaimed Juggalo --- dear God). rofl3.gif

After high school, I dated a lot of people, some based almost entirely on musical taste, and it generally didn't work out well, but that is dating. When I went looking for someone to date seriously, music was a big factor. There was no way I was going to be able to marry someone who was completely different from me in that regard, but of course, that's not the only factor. I've been married 13 years now, and I'm a different person from when I started dating my husband. I think being married to a music fan allows the two of you to bounce ideas off one another and subsequently introduce each other to bands you might have never gotten into.