Rush girls, why can I never find you?

ericplayzbass

Don't get me wrong, many of you have valid, if not eerily relevant points, just that I can see myself being anything from a bartender to a doctor and be happy with that, or be poor or rich as long as i'm happy. It's just I TRY to picture myself with someone who doesn't like rush for the rest of my life, and it can't be done.

Perhaps I'm just really strange, but what is normal anyway?

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Aug 16 2010, 04:46 PM)
Dude...You're nineteen. You should be dating all kinds of different women. Learn what you like and what you dislike. You're still trying to find yourself. You are going to go through a lot of changes as you become the person that you want to be, and odds are that your idea of the perfect woman is going to change too.

Don't worry about finding the perfect woman. When it happens you will know. I didn't meet Miss Right until I was 30. Be patient and date, date, date. Then when Miss Right does happen along, you will recognize that fact because you will have lots of experience to draw from.

And picking your spouse should never be bases on musical taste alone. Try looking for someone who is considerate first. wink.gif

trink39.gif

Good point. at 21 I thought I was with the one, at 31, I now realize I might have been wrong tongue.gif

Have fun, and find the right one

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Aug 16 2010, 04:46 PM)
Dude...You're nineteen. You should be dating all kinds of different women. Learn what you like and what you dislike. You're still trying to find yourself. You are going to go through a lot of changes as you become the person that you want to be, and odds are that your idea of the perfect woman is going to change too.

Don't worry about finding the perfect woman. When it happens you will know. I didn't meet Miss Right until I was 30. Be patient and date, date, date. Then when Miss Right does happen along, you will recognize that fact because you will have lots of experience to draw from.

And picking your spouse should never be bases on musical taste alone. Try looking for someone who is considerate first. wink.gif

trink39.gif

Good point. at 21 I thought I was with the one, at 31, I now realize I might have been wrong tongue.gif

Have fun, and find the right one

QUOTE (thing2jordan @ Aug 16 2010, 10:18 PM)
I seem to meet standards, but considering I'm 14 you would have to wait a few years. laugh.gif

totally worth it TBH

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 16 2010, 07:56 AM)
Not liking Rush is a deal breaker? You might want to rethink that one. yes.gif

Well, I have to say that if my husband didn't like Rush when we met, then we probably wouldn't have gotten very far in our relationship. I mean, I spend a LOT of money traveling to Rush concerts and, if he didn't like Rush, then it would be impossible for me to do that. He doesn't always go with me, but I have his blessing (of course, as long as the bills are paid, etc...).

Being attached to a person who doesn't appreciate or support something that you love and care about makes for a pretty miserable life. My husband and I wouldn't have gotten much past "hello" if he hadn't liked Rush. Shallow? Perhaps, but that's just me. Rush is one of the few things in life that I truly LOVE and can completely enjoy all the time! They mean the world to me.

Besides, this kid is WAY TO STINKING YOUNG to be thinking about marriage! Get out and live life!

tongue.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Aug 16 2010, 11:10 PM)

Well, I have to say that if my husband didn't like Rush when we met, then we probably wouldn't have gotten very far in our relationship. I mean, I spend a LOT of money traveling to Rush concerts and, if he didn't like Rush, then it would be impossible for me to do that. He doesn't always go with me, but I have his blessing (of course, as long as the bills are paid, etc...).

Being attached to a person who doesn't appreciate or support something that you love and care about makes for a pretty miserable life. My husband and I wouldn't have gotten much past "hello" if he hadn't liked Rush. Shallow? Perhaps, but that's just me. Rush is one of the few things in life that I truly LOVE and can completely enjoy all the time! They mean the world to me.

Besides, this kid is WAY TO STINKING YOUNG to be thinking about marriage! Get out and live life!

tongue.gif tongue.gif

well, I mean, im not considering marrying anyone, i was just using it as an example. and thanks for somewhat understanding what I feel like.

QUOTE (ericplayzbass @ Aug 17 2010, 07:57 AM)

tongue.gif tongue.gif

well, I mean, im not considering marrying anyone, i was just using it as an example. and thanks for somewhat understanding what I feel like.

I understand completely. Music (not just Rush) is SOO important to me that, if I am not able to share that with someone, we don't have much of a relationship. I'm that way with EVERYONE in my life...family, friends, significant other. I have to be able to connect with them somehow. I am horrible at "casual conversation," so there has to be a connection there...something we can share. I have friends who I only see when we are bicycling (because THAT is all we share). My friends at work...I like them all, but I don't see them outside of work, because "work" is all we have in common.

Although, I have gotten a few of my bicycling friends into Rush, so that's a bonus! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Aug 18 2010, 02:31 PM)
QUOTE (ericplayzbass @ Aug 17 2010, 07:57 AM)

tongue.gif tongue.gif

I understand completely. Music (not just Rush) is SOO important to me that, if I am not able to share that with someone, we don't have much of a relationship. I'm that way with EVERYONE in my life...family, friends, significant other. I have to be able to connect with them somehow. I am horrible at "casual conversation," so there has to be a connection there...something we can share. I have friends who I only see when we are bicycling (because THAT is all we share). My friends at work...I like them all, but I don't see them outside of work, because "work" is all we have in common.

Although, I have gotten a few of my bicycling friends into Rush, so that's a bonus! laugh.gif

finally, someone that doesn't think im totally crazy smile.gif

no your not crazy, but the very best girl will understand your rush love and would want u to enjoy as much as possible. my man knows rush is my thing and i have rush buddies to travel with. It must go both ways, when dave says " i am going across country on motorbike" i say, have a good one and be careful. find a girl who celebrates everything u want to do, be it with or without you.
  • Like 1

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Aug 16 2010, 08:40 PM)

and many of those females are old enough to be your mother.  ohmy.gif

rofl3.gif

That's the truth!

QUOTE (The_Enemy_Within @ Aug 24 2010, 08:42 PM)
I am the girl you describe, lol. 'Cept I have brown hair!

ohmy.gif ^^^she IS!

you, my dear, are a rare and precious Thang! wub.gif

and don't let N E one EVER tell you N E thing diffrently. dazed025.gif

tongue.gif i kno u won't trink36.gif

rock on, sistah...er, niece! laugh.gif

2.gif

My boyfriend does not like Rush or any other "old" bands. While it pains me greatly, it is not a deal breaker. He's the most wonderful man I've ever met. He puts up with my plethora of health issues, and even went with me to see Rush. I'd be a fool to break up with him over a little thing like not liking Rush.

You're only 17, but I wouldn't place such weight on a silly little thing like liking a band. In the long run, it doesn't really matter. Sure, I'd love to be able to talk Rush with my boyfriend and share that kind of connection, but we share connection in many other ways. Rush is my thing, and considering I'm fairly young, it would be an endeavor to find someone as young as I am who likes Rush and meshes well with me in other ways. You just can't have everything.

QUOTE (Kublakhan94 @ Sep 9 2010, 07:46 PM)
And oh MOST girls that like cool thing like rush... A guy introduced it to them. So you can introduce a girl to rush!

huh.gif

Funny...no one "introduced" me to Rush. I heard them on the radio and was hooked.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 9 2010, 05:58 PM)
And oh MOST girls that like cool thing like rush... A guy introduced it to them. So you can introduce a girl to rush!

huh.gif

Funny...no one "introduced" me to Rush. I heard them on the radio and was hooked.

Same here. No boy introduced me to Rush.

I distinctly remember falling in love with the "keyboard" part of TSOR because it sounded so kick ass. I told my then boyfriend about it who was a Rush fan and quickly corrected me saying that the awesome "keyboard" part was actually the guitarist... and then my love for Alex was born. Of course, it didn't hurt that he is the sexiest man I've ever laid eyes on.

Edited by Janie

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 9 2010, 08:11 PM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 9 2010, 05:58 PM)

huh.gif

Same here. No boy introduced me to Rush.

I distinctly remember falling in love with the "keyboard" part of TSOR because it sounded so kick ass. I told my then boyfriend about it who was a Rush fan and quickly corrected me saying that the awesome "keyboard" part was actually the guitarist... and then my love for Alex was born. Of course, it didn't hurt that he is the sexiest man I've ever laid eyes on.

I said Most, not all biggrin.gif. and I made the same mistake when I first heard the song.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 9 2010, 07:58 PM)

huh.gif

A man certainly didn't introduce me to Rush.

I heard them on the radio...Asked my mom who it was... And did she introduce me...oh yes.

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Sep 9 2010, 11:35 PM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Sep 9 2010, 07:58 PM)

huh.gif

A man certainly didn't introduce me to Rush.

I heard them on the radio...Asked my mom who it was... And did she introduce me...oh yes.

That's freaking AWESOME! I, on the other hand, introduced my mom to Rush. Then, I rubbed it in her face when I met Geddy and Alex.

Yes, I am a terrible daughter! tongue.gif laugh.gif She was happy for me, if that counts...