Who do you people think you are???

vital signz

This is the kind of thread that will fester into members leaving, holding grudges, and before you know it, the board becomes a wasteland because there is no respect for each other.

Discussion and expressing opinion is one thing. Name calling and slander is another.

I hope the mods remove the entire thread.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we're heading for the apocalypse!

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

QUOTE (JackRelax @ Sep 2 2010, 11:08 AM)
Are you insinuating she should get slapped?? Joking or not- not cool!!

+1

Really, lay off of Bev, okay? Those who felt the need to vent did, and unless anybody has personally encroached on your space at any concert, what Bev or anybody else does is not our concern.

This could be the last time Rush tours in your town, why not keep your eyes on the stage and let security worry about who tries to sneak up front.

Insinuating anybody should be knocked upside the head is not cool.

QUOTE (Alex @ Sep 2 2010, 01:22 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Sep 1 2010, 07:19 PM)
QUOTE (wibblet @ Sep 1 2010, 06:04 PM)
post made before reading entire thread.

Still think he needs to grow a pair and grow up.

I'm pretty sure that comment was unnecessary.

So because some people want the rules to be followed, they need to grow up? How does that work?

The world is exactly the opposite of where it should be nowadays. Just forget about it.

You are so right.

Offences such as crashing someone else's seat, dropping chewing gum on the floor, laughing too hard at a poor joke, having bad breath etc. should be punishable by public flogging.

But they are not, sadly.

QUOTE (drgrendel @ Aug 16 2010, 10:20 PM)
A quick elbow to the correct knee-buckling spot and I think they will get the message. Don't try to be civil and deal with them because it will not work. One shot to the right spot puts 'em on the ground and you just shrug and act all innocent like when security comes by. Worked both times I used this method.

Some food for thought:

1. While luck may be on their side now, eventually such behavior will be meant with some resistance. I am hoping it will not result in painful consequences.

2. If this were to take place next to, in front of, or behind me, I can assure the person's stay at the venue will be short-lived.

For Jack Relax...

QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 2 2010, 11:28 AM)
QUOTE (drgrendel @ Aug 16 2010, 10:20 PM)
A quick elbow to the correct knee-buckling spot and I think they will get the message.  Don't try to be civil and deal with them because it will not work.  One shot to the right spot puts 'em on the ground and you just shrug and act all innocent like when security comes by.  Worked both times I used this method.

Some food for thought:

1. While luck may be on their side now, eventually such behavior will be meant with some resistance.  I am hoping it will not result in painful consequences.

2.  If this were to take place next to, in front of, or behind me, I can assure the person's stay at the venue will be short-lived.

For Jack Relax...

I have read the whole thread. What am I supposed to glean from your quote? That you are joking? it's not clear.. and to the casual observer, it still looks like you just want to beat people up.. pokey.gif

QUOTE (drgrendel @ Aug 16 2010, 04:20 PM)
A quick elbow to the correct knee-buckling spot and I think they will get the message.  Don't try to be civil and deal with them because it will not work.  One shot to the right spot puts 'em on the ground and you just shrug and act all innocent like when security comes by.  Worked both times I used this method.

2.gif

Would LOVE to see you try this on me you pansie - I would kick the living SHIT out of you, and if your wife was there I'd bitch-slap her for good measure.

Edited by eshine

QUOTE (drgrendel @ Sep 2 2010, 09:05 AM)
I will not engage in "person" bashing, but I will make my position known on a few statements I found to be offensive:

1. I work hard for the money to purchase my seats as well.
2. Seats do not come stamped with a .5 designation.
3. Just because one does not voice a complaint, it does not necessarily mean they are happy with invasion.

Some food for thought:

1. While luck may be on their side now, eventually such behavior will be meant with some resistance. I am hoping it will not result in painful consequences.

2. If this were to take place next to, in front of, or behind me, I can assure the person's stay at the venue will be short-lived.

2.gif

Dude, you sound like a raging asshole and you probably have a baby dick.

QUOTE (daveyt @ Sep 1 2010, 10:06 PM)
some people love rush to the point where they must be seen and acknowledged by the band to satisfy their "connection."

As if 7000 posts on a messageborad isn't "satisfy ing your connection."

Give me a f***ing break. You are no less of a total fanboi then anyone.

ASnd the fact is, Rushgirl DOES have a connection with the band.

Don't be so jealous.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 2 2010, 01:11 AM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 2 2010, 01:54 AM)
Rusah woul rather see Rushgirl up-front then any of you assholes

Thanks for the constructive and mature posts! You're shedding a new light on this topic, and we're grateful for your insight. yes.gif

I see you're a big fan of Rusah Woul too. A very underrated band, IMO. Lyrically they're a little too fixated on Objectivism, and they tend to get a little too jam-bandy in their extended instrumental passages, but they're filling the void left by departed bands like Iran Maden and Dreem Tweeter. What did you think of their new song, "The Spirit of Pirated mp3s"? 1022.gif

Oh, hahhhhhaaaa - dude, you are hilarious. The way you just riffed on my typo - that's hysterical !!! Haaa, seriously - good one - I was owned. Dreem Tweeter!!! Iran Maden!!!! The spirit of Pirated MP3s!!!!!! Hahhhha - holy cow, did you come up with that yourself?? Seriously did someone help you with that?? You are HI-LARIOUS!!! Typo riffs are always so funny - but man, Iran Maden - HAHA HA - you have taken it to a whole new level!

whooo, lemme catch my breath. God that was funny.

You are right, though - my posts should be more constructive and mature.

And I do apologize for the typo - your Mom was blowing me at the time. She needs to ease up on the teeth.

QUOTE (Nim2 @ Sep 2 2010, 12:12 PM)
This is the kind of thread that will fester into members leaving, holding grudges, and before you know it, the board becomes a wasteland because there is no respect for each other.

Discussion and expressing opinion is one thing. Name calling and slander is another.

We're not in the habit of removing threads around here...

QUOTE (RushNut @ Sep 2 2010, 01:11 PM)
QUOTE (Nim2 @ Sep 2 2010, 12:12 PM)

Discussion and expressing opinion is one thing.  Name calling and slander is another.

We're not in the habit of removing threads around here...

No, and I don't think this one ought to be removed either.

But it's gotten totally out of hand. Skirmishes breaking out now between people who had no dog in the original fight. . .

QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 2 2010, 12:49 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 2 2010, 01:11 AM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 2 2010, 01:54 AM)
Rusah woul rather see Rushgirl up-front then any of you assholes

Thanks for the constructive and mature posts! You're shedding a new light on this topic, and we're grateful for your insight. yes.gif

I see you're a big fan of Rusah Woul too. A very underrated band, IMO. Lyrically they're a little too fixated on Objectivism, and they tend to get a little too jam-bandy in their extended instrumental passages, but they're filling the void left by departed bands like Iran Maden and Dreem Tweeter. What did you think of their new song, "The Spirit of Pirated mp3s"? 1022.gif

Oh, hahhhhhaaaa - dude, you are hilarious. The way you just riffed on my typo - that's hysterical !!! Haaa, seriously - good one - I was owned. Dreem Tweeter!!! Iran Maden!!!! The spirit of Pirated MP3s!!!!!! Hahhhha - holy cow, did you come up with that yourself?? Seriously did someone help you with that?? You are HI-LARIOUS!!! Typo riffs are always so funny - but man, Iran Maden - HAHA HA - you have taken it to a whole new level!

whooo, lemme catch my breath. God that was funny.

You are right, though - my posts should be more constructive and mature.

And I do apologize for the typo - your Mom was blowing me at the time. She needs to ease up on the teeth.

See, now you're really showing me up....quoting Shakespeare like that. I'm embarrassed because I don't know if that's from "A Midsummer Night's Dream" or "Merchant of Venice." blush4.gif

And do you think the comparisons between Rusah Woul and Ra's al Ghul are fair? I always thought it was unfair since Ra's is a supervillain and not musically inclined, but still...something to ponder, yes?

And with that....I think we're done here.

I know posting in a closed thread is generally frowned upon, but the posts advocating any kind of physical violence at a show are embarrassing and pathetic. And I'm not even talking about eshine's posts.

What started out as a simple thread complaining about front row crashers back on Aug. 15th turned into an array of personal attacks and has put some good people from two different boards at odds with each other. And none of it had to happen.

We probably should have closed this right after woodring2112's post. That would have been a good ending.