Who do you people think you are???

vital signz

QUOTE (daveyt @ Sep 1 2010, 11:50 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 1 2010, 08:13 PM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Sep 1 2010, 11:06 PM)
some people love rush to the point where they must be seen and acknowledged by the band to satisfy their "connection."

I think it's entirely unfair to make that characterization

anyone who is shows off their rush connections to the point where i'm like, "ooook i get it" has the "look at me" syndrome 062802puke_prv.gif aka public narcissist

btw i never mentioned her but i'll let it slide this time, mr

Kinda weird....haven't you had your share of front row crashing? biggrin.gif

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been front row a few times. Mostly because I bought a front row ticket (never more than $200) or had a ticket at the end of a semi-circular row. ONE TIME, I knew somebody in 2nd row at Red Rocks who let me stand behind him (2nd row at RR is basically front row).

The front row crashing isn't something that should be a habit, but there's usually plenty of space in front row both laterally and depth wise. If somebody's going to be bold enough to crash front row, they should make sure that they are not hurting any legitimate frontie's experience or view.

If you are a legitimate front row seat holder, and somebody crashes and hurts your experience by pushing you away from center, or your seat, or stands in front of you blocking your view, I'd say you have every right to complain.

But if you're just complaining because you know that person over there got to be in front row without paying as much as you did, then you're just being a hater. I've got news for you people that paid $1000 for your front row seat, that's YOUR PROBLEM. Fact: A lot of the other people on front row paid much less, or got their ticket for free. Do they not deserve to be up in front row?

At Omaha I had paid $300 for my 2nd row ticket online in the presale (VIP package). The guy in front of me (front row) paid $125 just outside the venue before the show. Does that entitle me to take his place because I paid more?

In the end - just be cool and respectful. If you crash, have respect for the people who really have tickets on the rail, it's their rail first. If you're on the rail and you see somebody crashing, ask yourself, "Is that person actually negatively affecting my concert experience?" If not, relax and enjoy the show.

Oh for Ged sakes I haven't seen this amount of histrionics since the Housewives of New Jersey reunion.

Please, one of you - tell me how Rushgirl's trip to the front row has impacted your life negatively in any way???? Just one.... Anyone? Anyone?

"ohhh, it's the principaaaaaal"

In the words of the great William Shatner -

GET A LIFE, PEOPLE!

QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 2 2010, 01:54 AM)
Rusah woul rather see Rushgirl up-front then any of you assholes

Thanks for the constructive and mature posts! You're shedding a new light on this topic, and we're grateful for your insight. yes.gif

I see you're a big fan of Rusah Woul too. A very underrated band, IMO. Lyrically they're a little too fixated on Objectivism, and they tend to get a little too jam-bandy in their extended instrumental passages, but they're filling the void left by departed bands like Iran Maden and Dreem Tweeter. What did you think of their new song, "The Spirit of Pirated mp3s"? 1022.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 2 2010, 01:11 AM)
What did you think of their new song, "The Spirit of Pirated mp3s"? 1022.gif

Gershon says, "Spirit of Pirated mp3s? It's more like the Spirit of Bankruptcy!"

I'm new to this sight and also gonna be up front for fair show.

All this talk about rushkid and front row crashers makes me sick. If she is such a pyscho fan, why is she allowed to post on this sight? Isn't there a max on ## of post she can do.

But as far as the crashing she is doing, she MUST have a big set of balls to repeat this conduct !

Or, she really is a true hardcore fan!

QUOTE (kkb2323 @ Sep 2 2010, 03:43 AM)
I'm new to this sight and also gonna be up front for fair show.
All this talk about rushkid and front row crashers makes me sick.  If she is such a pyscho fan, why is she allowed to post on this sight?  Isn't there a max on ## of post she can do.

But as far as the crashing she is doing, she MUST have  a big set of balls to repeat this conduct !
Or, she really is a true hardcore fan!

She's not a psycho, and she's a generally well-liked member of the Rush online community. Someone here had a problem with her being a front row crasher and this thread is the result.

And sorry to disappoint you, but sneaking into the front row at a Rush show does not earn any kind of punishment on this site.

QUOTE (exiled yorkie @ Sep 1 2010, 10:22 PM)
If you dont have a ticket for the front row you shouldnt be there. You can chat with your friends before/after or during intermission. Personally I would love to see GA only shows.  That way money doesnt buy you front row rights.

I'm all for going back to GA seating, too. (with properly reserved areas for ADA considerations.)

Scalpers might not be so keen on the idea, though

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 1 2010, 11:11 PM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 2 2010, 01:54 AM)

Thanks for the constructive and mature posts! You're shedding a new light on this topic, and we're grateful for your insight. yes.gif

I see you're a big fan of Rusah Woul too. A very underrated band, IMO. Lyrically they're a little too fixated on Objectivism, and they tend to get a little too jam-bandy in their extended instrumental passages, but they're filling the void left by departed bands like Iran Maden and Dreem Tweeter. What did you think of their new song, "The Spirit of Pirated mp3s"? 1022.gif

rofl3.gif 73 trink39.gif It doesn't really matter to me who the person is, if you are invading my space, first I tell you to go back to where you came from, if that doesn't work then I will get security. Stay in the seat you paid for and and enjoy the show,it's that simple! trink39.gif

I will not engage in "person" bashing, but I will make my position known on a few statements I found to be offensive:

1. I work hard for the money to purchase my seats as well.

2. Seats do not come stamped with a .5 designation.

3. Just because one does not voice a complaint, it does not necessarily mean they are happy with invasion.

Some food for thought:

1. While luck may be on their side now, eventually such behavior will be meant with some resistance. I am hoping it will not result in painful consequences.

2. If this were to take place next to, in front of, or behind me, I can assure the person's stay at the venue will be short-lived.

2.gif

Oh, my god! This thread is ridiculous. These kinds of threads are why I lurk more than post. However, as I can no longer sit by and idly watch as accusations and name-calling become the norm, let me interject my $.02 on the subject:

I think that most of the conflict here between parties NOT INVOLVED in the OP incident(s) (which I will address shortly) is that most Rush fans are sick of not being able to secure "great" seats, even utilizing the scams now known as "fan pre-sales" and having to enjoy our favorite band from beyond the "shitty seats" in the 6th row. I myself have never been closer than the 9th row, and would absolutely love to have row 1 or 2. Like most of the people on this board, I am sick of NEVER getting a truly AWESOME seat, but I enjoy the show nonetheless. Why, because Rush puts on a hell of a show for ALL its fans, not just the ones in the front. If you want a better seat, you only have three options: Pay a scalper, seat/row jump from the cheap seats (with or without assistance), or win a set through some contest. As the first two violate published concert/venue policies, is it any reason to expect people to sympathize with you if you use either method to improve your seating? I don't think so. Contest winners are more valid in my opinion, since they made a conscious effort to obtain those tickets through a valid process, and so can be construed as "real fans."

As for all this discussion from the OP concerning who jumped what seats when and who said what about reporting whoever to security...What is this, the 5th grade? Christ, you whiney shits need to shut your holes. I wish I had spoken up about the retard at the SLC show who seat shared with a buddy who was smoking pot like a freight train, but I didn't so I had to live with that retard eating up space. Did I come on here and immediately bitch about it? NO! If you don't say something about it when it happens, you simply need to STFU about it. You let it happen, so you need to live with it.

That being said, RushGirl, you realize that you don't have any more right to weasel your way up front and play the "cute girl/die-hard fan" card any more than anyone else. As this thread has shown, there are too many rabid fans to all justify moving up front. Just because some people let you get away with it doesn't make it right. Using your "connections" or influence or whatever, assuming that nobody will mind, all while saying "if it upset someone, I'll stop" is contradictory: it OBVIOUSLY upsets people when it happens, and in this case, you are the most visible person doing it. I'm sure you are a wonderful person, and maybe I'll meet you someday at a show or Con or something, but what I am saying is that - in this instance - with this behavior - you are WRONG.

VitalSignz: You should have handled your particular beef with RG better, also. Throwing out a generalized attack and then namedropping to make a dramatic point was really cute...if you're a 16 year old girl. PM her or call security at the venue, but this crap has got to stop (not just for you, but everyone).

That's my rant. Take it for what it's worth. Or leave it. Frankly, at this point, I think more than one person in this thread needs to grow up.

This is what happened to Rushgirl in the UK when she pushed to the front from the lawn:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/reedlover/gifs/1282840389_reporter-soccer-ball-headshot.gif

Instant retribution baby!!

Here' how security should have dealt with Rushgirl:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/reedlover/gifs/1266925123_cop-vs-teacher.gif

Ew, Bev, you've put a bit of weight on there love...

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Sep 2 2010, 11:03 AM)
QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Sep 2 2010, 12:00 PM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 2 2010, 12:54 AM)

Such a profound post.

Who wouldn't rather see Rushgirl, full frontal than an asshole? cool.gif

Good point!

QUOTE (JackRelax @ Sep 2 2010, 05:08 PM)
Are you insinuating she should get slapped?? Joking or not- not cool!!

Hardly, dont be silly.

If you read the whole thread, you'd be in a position to comment... wink.gif