Who do you people think you are???

vital signz

I mean, even if you have a friend who is like sure, come up to the front row and stand with me... I still think that's wrong. If they wanted to switch with you for a couple songs, that's fine.

Just because someone is a friend with front row seats doesn't let them have the privilege of letting whoever they want into the front row.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (vital signz @ Sep 1 2010, 12:45 PM)
QUOTE (Draco @ Sep 1 2010, 01:31 PM)
Rushgirl is a great human being!!! She is honest, and lives life to the fullest.

So are many of us.

It is still a rude, UNCOOL thing to do regardless of how nice she is while outside of the arena. Any of you here who support such actions at the expense of inconveniencing folks around you are just being ridiculous. The begging she does when they ask her to move is pathetic and distracting. The reappearance later during the show was disrespectful to the security guards and all of those around her who realized what was going on and it's distracting from the concert.

It sounds like you are not going to change what you are doing Rushgirl, so THAT ALONE tells me what kind of person you really are.

And just how many times have YOU witnessed me to this??

You PUBLICALLY call me out on a board about doing this and make it seem like EVERY show I go to I do this, point of fact is I DO NOT and 80% of the people here know it as does THE BAND - FACT!

My .02 cents take is this: You see me get my picture up on rush.com and a wave from the guys and you ARE jealous.

Don't you dare pass judgement on me about what kind of person I truly am because you have no idea......

Have we ever met face to face? Have YOU ever had a conversation with me either at a show or privately by PM?? NO

So you calling me out and making me out to be some kind of insenstive concert goer makes YOU a douchebag, and that is the kind of person you are.

Point of fact: Genaro thinks you are off your nut - he never said any such thing to you - I suggest you get your facts straight before you quote him in any way, and by all means, please do come up and introduce yourself if you see me at a show.

I would be more than happy to prove you wrong about me being an inconsiderate and rude person.

26 User(s) are reading this topic (13 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users):

Rushgirl, GeddyLeefan2112, Sodoff Baldrick, moedrabowsky, Tony R, Noisy Bastard, sportzfan76, nobodys hero, Duck, LateRally, glowingsulls, Nim2, gornhay

And who says no one likes drama................. biggrin.gif

I mean, don't get me wrong, that's hugely considerate and nice of you to offer someone to stand in the front row. But its just wrong. It's against the rules and if I were offered by someone, I would have to politely decline, even if it is my dream to be in the front row. I would never want to encroach on someone's space, especially in the front row.

QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Sep 1 2010, 03:25 PM)
Rushgirl is a great human being!!! She is honest, and lives life to the fullest.

So are many of us.

It is still a rude, UNCOOL thing to do regardless of how nice she is while outside of the arena. Any of you here who support such actions at the expense of inconveniencing folks around you are just being ridiculous. The begging she does when they ask her to move is pathetic and distracting. The reappearance later during the show was disrespectful to the security guards and all of those around her who realized what was going on and it's distracting from the concert.

It sounds like you are not going to change what you are doing Rushgirl, so THAT ALONE tells me what kind of person you really are.

You PUBLICALLY call me out on a board about doing this and make it seem like EVERY show I go to I do this, point of fact is I DO NOT and 80% of the people here know it as does THE BAND - FACT!

My .02 cents take is this: You see me get my picture up on rush.com and a wave from the guys and you ARE jealous.

Don't you dare pass judgement on me about what kind of person I truly am because you have no idea......

Have we ever met face to face? Have YOU ever had a conversation with me either at a show or privately by PM?? NO

So you calling me out and making me out to be some kind of insenstive concert goer makes YOU a douchebag, and that is the kind of person you are.

Point of fact: Genaro thinks you are off your nut - he never said any such thing to you - I suggest you get your facts straight before you quote him in any way, and by all means, please do come up and introduce yourself if you see me at a show.

I would be more than happy to prove you wrong about me being an inconsiderate and rude person.

I wouldn't be so sure that 80% know any such thing and I also wouldn't be so sure "the band" knows whether you pay or not for front row 90% of the time (not that what the band thinks is really relevant here and not sure why you would even bring something like that up, but...) - how would they know something like that?

And I don't think he or anyone else is jealous of you.

You say don't pass judgement and I agree on that in general, but I don't think it is really that far of a reach to pass judgement on your actions on this - both the incident itself, but maybe more importantly how you have handled yourself on this situation today. Calling people a douche bag, accusing them of being "jealous", running to CP to start a thread titled "TRF Whiners" and comparing the entire board to Tri-Net etc, when you are the one who broke the rules and got called out on it doesn't increase your standing IMO. In fact, aren't you passing judgment on this entire board based solely on an incident that has been brought to light by one user? confused13.gif

I agree that maybe a public post by VS calling you out "by screen name" wasn't the best way to go about it. But really a simple post by you saying "Wow! I had no idea I was bothering anyone by doing what I did, by breaking the rules like that! I am so sorry and I will definitely think twice the next time - I never thought I was bothering a fellow Rush fan! I hope you accept my apologies" would have gone a hell of a lot further with people than to act as though you did absolutely nothing wrong, that you somehow have an entitlement to be up there without paying and then proceeding to trash this board on another board for absolutely no valid reason.

I think you are probably a really good person, a dedicated Rush fan, and I don't think incident is necessarily indicitive of who you are and I hope no one passes judgement on you as a whole, but I think taking responsibility for actions goes a long way.

I won't post anything else in here - I really don't want to fight with anyone. I just don't think you are portraying this correctly and I disagree with your assessment of both this board and of the people who have expressed their opinion against "front row jumping". Peace. trink39.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 1 2010, 02:41 PM)

So are many of us.

I wouldn't be so sure that 80% know any such thing and I also wouldn't be so sure "the band" knows whether you pay or not for front row 90% of the time (not that what the band thinks is really relevant here and not sure why you would even bring something like that up, but...) - how would they know something like that?

You say don't pass judgement and I agree on that in general, but I don't think it is really that far of a reach to pass judgement on your actions on this - both the incident itself, but maybe more importantly how you have handled yourself on this situation today. Calling people a douche bag, accusing them of being "jealous", running to CP to start a thread titled "TRF Whiners" and comparing the entire board to Tri-Net etc, when you are the one who broke the rules and got called out on it doesn't increase your standing IMO. In fact, aren't you passing judgment on this entire board based solely on an incident that has been brought to light by one user? confused13.gif

I agree that maybe a public post by VS calling you out "by screen name" wasn't the best way to go about it. But really a simple post by you saying "Wow! I had no idea I was bothering anyone by doing what I did, by breaking the rules like that! I am so sorry and I will definitely think twice the next time - I never thought I was bothering a fellow Rush fan! I hope you accept my apologies" would have gone a hell of a lot further with people than to act as though you did absolutely nothing wrong, that you somehow have an entitlement to be up there without paying and then proceeding to trash this board on another board for absolutely no valid reason.

I think you are probably a really good person, a dedicated Rush fan, and I don't think incident is necessarily indicitive of who you are and I hope no one passes judgement on you as a whole, but I think taking responsibility for actions goes a long way.

I won't post anything else in here - I really don't want to fight with anyone. I just don't think you are portraying this correctly and I disagree with your assessment of both this board and of the people who have expressed their opinion against "front row jumping". Peace. trink39.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Sep 1 2010, 03:43 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 1 2010, 02:41 PM)

So are many of us.

goodpost.gif

Nailed it

So are many of us.

Here's the final thing I will say about this.

I tried at first to leave you anonymous. Check the thread.

You did it again at the Columbus show. For HALF of the show.

That upset not only me but a lot of people around you and him that talked about you behind your back at the show. Then today you have publically stated you plan to do it again.

If Genaro has told you any other thing that is other than these words:

"Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?"

Then sadly, he is lying....

It's what he said, I swear it, and maybe he just doesn't have the heart to tell you that you are taking advantage of his kindness and his wallet. By the way I would happily ask him to his face and yours if we all get to a venue together again.

One thing is for sure Rushgirl, with every word you type here you make yourself look and sound rude. "JEALOUS?" you say? I could care less if you are up on Rush.com. I am happy you are since that makes you happy. I've been there plenty of times myself. But I am not jealous. Pissed is more like it because I know you are using Genaro's money and kindness to fulfill your fantasies and while doing it you are encroaching on the space of others who put out lots of money for a great experience. The douchebag here certainly is not me.

I just have two questions:

"Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?"

"Word is...?" Whose word is this? Are there spies trolling the Rushverse that keep tabs on this sort of thing?

Also, if this guy had an issue with *anybody* slipping into his space, why doesn't *he* alert security? Why all the covert nodding and signalling? Or, why not just say, "I'm sorry. I don't want to get in trouble by letting you stand here."

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Sep 1 2010, 04:24 PM)
I just have two questions:

"Word is...?" Whose word is this? Are there spies trolling the Rushverse that keep tabs on this sort of thing?

Also, if this guy had an issue with *anybody* slipping into his space, why doesn't *he* alert security? Why all the covert nodding and signalling? Or, why not just say, "I'm sorry. I don't want to get in trouble by letting you stand here."

You are right....I don't know what in the hell he meant by "Word is..."

To myself I was thinking maybe they have a mutual friend that states she is gonna try it again....

I suppose its possible it is part of a mutual masterplan they both have and he was aware that we were annoyed in Vegas so he was trying to let me know it was up------No NO---it really couldn't be, because he asked me to say something to security when she showed up and he shot me a look when she did that was like...please say something.

But anyways, I swear that what I said in quotes above is exactly what he said to me.

Wow, interesting "discussion" to say the least... To me this all boils down to "enjoying the concert/RUSH experience!" Me, I don't want to miss a single second of each song! It's simple, you don't do things at a concert that detracts from others enjoyment. You don't get in fights cuz people are standing in front of you and you can't see. You don't get so drunk that you're spitting in ppl's faces and spilling beer on their shoes. And you don't scam by squeezing into a row where you don't belong, regardless of whether you're a cute girl or not. You might think it's not bothering anyone but encroaching on ppl's space is probably an issue 98% of the time and most ppl just plain think it's rude. Switching seats with someone is fine becuz it doesn't cause a scene. I won't touch the "who spent what" for argument. There are always ppl in the front row that are more concerned with texting than the concert. Too bad but it's their loss, one that they'll never realize...

My GAWD, when I'm at a RUSH concert I just wanna enjoy the band and it pisses me off when ppl are aholes and try to ruin it for me. So, be considerate, sit in the seat for the stub you are holding, and don't ruin MY experience. I am not ruining yours!!!

HAS

QUOTE (Hatchet_Ax_Saw @ Sep 1 2010, 05:14 PM)
Wow, interesting "discussion" to say the least... To me this all boils down to "enjoying the concert/RUSH experience!" Me, I don't want to miss a single second of each song! It's simple, you don't do things at a concert that detracts from others enjoyment. You don't get in fights cuz people are standing in front of you and you can't see. You don't get so drunk that you're spitting in ppl's faces and spilling beer on their shoes. And you don't scam by squeezing into a row where you don't belong, regardless of whether you're a cute girl or not. You might think it's not bothering anyone but encroaching on ppl's space is probably an issue 98% of the time and most ppl just plain think it's rude. Switching seats with someone is fine becuz it doesn't cause a scene. I won't touch the "who spent what" for argument. There are always ppl in the front row that are more concerned with texting than the concert. Too bad but it's their loss, one that they'll never realize...

My GAWD, when I'm at a RUSH concert I just wanna enjoy the band and it pisses me off when ppl are aholes and try to ruin it for me. So, be considerate, sit in the seat for the stub you are holding, and don't ruin MY experience. I am not ruining yours!!!

HAS

Yup, tell that to the guy smoking up smile.gif

Sakes... this is just a Witch Hunt.

I myself have been moved to front row back in 2008 in Detroit. I was second row in front of Geddy and a security guard saw I was taking pictures so he was like.. "hurry go to front." So I did. I sent him the pics afterwards cause he was such a cool dude. I wasn't invading ANYONE'S space or pissing off anybody. What's the harm in that?

Oh and Rushgirl has already admitted to doing it twice, albeit for a short period of time each time, give her a break... she works VERY hard all year long to pay for her tickets and VIP packages. She deserves it! You don't know her in person... if you did you would prolly take back 90% of what you said about her.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Sep 1 2010, 03:15 PM)

So are many of us.

Here's the final thing I will say about this.

I tried at first to leave you anonymous. Check the thread.

You did it again at the Columbus show. For HALF of the show.

That upset not only me but a lot of people around you and him that talked about you behind your back at the show. Then today you have publically stated you plan to do it again.

If Genaro has told you any other thing that is other than these words:

Then sadly, he is lying....

It's what he said, I swear it, and maybe he just doesn't have the heart to tell you that you are taking advantage of his kindness and his wallet. By the way I would happily ask him to his face and yours if we all get to a venue together again.

One thing is for sure Rushgirl, with every word you type here you make yourself look and sound rude. "JEALOUS?" you say? I could care less if you are up on Rush.com. I am happy you are since that makes you happy. I've been there plenty of times myself. But I am not jealous. Pissed is more like it because I know you are using Genaro's money and kindness to fulfill your fantasies and while doing it you are encroaching on the space of others who put out lots of money for a great experience. The douchebag here certainly is not me.

I honestly DO NOT care what you think of me.

I know who I am and how I am.

So here is all I will say about this subject any further here:

YOU started this, you called me out. YOU could have PM'd me or gone about it in a very different way. You may think you know everything, but you don't.

To start an anonymous thread, then carry it on and call me out (when I hardly EVER come here) is both cowardly and reeks of vengence. If you were a nice, RUSH fan, you could have A: approached me and asked me to leave, I would have done so. B: PM'd me. The fact that you have NEVER introduced yourself to me if you have seen me at so many shows, speaks for who YOU are.

I ENCOURAGE you to please, if you are at another show that G and I are at, to come and mention to G what you have said here in front of me and him - regardless of WHO is lying, I formally say SORRY to you, and whomever you were with that I invaded your space.

I am no douchebag, I merely call you that because how you approached this whole thing was douchey, no matter what you say, and I will stand by all I have said.

Peace and enjoy the rest of your shows.

"Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?"

QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 1 2010, 02:55 PM)
"Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?""Remember the girl that came up front in Vegas??? The one that stood up front with me and my wife? Word is that she is going to do it again this show---when she does, I will look at you and could you point her out and say something to security for me?"

gotta be startin' something pokey.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (wibblet @ Sep 1 2010, 06:04 PM)
post made before reading entire thread.

Still think he needs to grow a pair and grow up.

I'm pretty sure that comment was unnecessary.

So because some people want the rules to be followed, they need to grow up? How does that work?

Edited by GeddyLeefan2112

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Sep 1 2010, 07:19 PM)
QUOTE (wibblet @ Sep 1 2010, 06:04 PM)
post made before reading entire thread.

Still think he needs to grow a pair and grow up.

I'm pretty sure that comment was unnecessary.

So because some people want the rules to be followed, they need to grow up? How does that work?

The world is exactly the opposite of where it should be nowadays. Just forget about it.