Who do you people think you are???

vital signz

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 1 2010, 10:32 AM)
QUOTE (JackRelax @ Sep 1 2010, 01:19 PM)
FWIW... I would rather see RushGirl up front rocking her butt off because she is a true hard core fan. VS  the 15 or so "contest winners" or "my dad is the lawyer for the venue" types who get front row and have no idea who the band is, and are just texting and getting beer during the whole show, not knowing a single song. I'm sure the band enjoys seeing super huge fans enjoying them selves up front as well. My  $.02. smile.gif

VS is hardly a contest winner. He is a hard core fan who works hard for the money he shells out for front row.

And I highly doubt the band would support a free for all to the front row nor woudl I imagine they would support the act of walking down and taking a seat that you didn't pay for and didn't have permission to sit in.

It is being played out like Rushgirl does this all the time.

She did admit to doing it twice, but for brief moments where a person next to her would not have a horrible experience because of it. (That is how it is sounding). Yet even including these shows where she went up front, she works her a$$ off to make the money, to buy VIP packages for the show's she attends. That is honest, good old fashioned effort on her part to enjoy Rush.

QUOTE (Draco @ Sep 1 2010, 01:31 PM)
Rushgirl is a great human being!!! She is honest, and lives life to the fullest.

So are many of us.

It is still a rude, UNCOOL thing to do regardless of how nice she is while outside of the arena. Any of you here who support such actions at the expense of inconveniencing folks around you are just being ridiculous. The begging she does when they ask her to move is pathetic and distracting. The reappearance later during the show was disrespectful to the security guards and all of those around her who realized what was going on and it's distracting from the concert.

It sounds like you are not going to change what you are doing Rushgirl, so THAT ALONE tells me what kind of person you really are.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Sep 1 2010, 10:39 AM)
QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Sep 1 2010, 01:11 PM)

Not because what I did was NOT wrong, but because he and I are sitting together for a couple more shows.

Unbelievable.

And as for the remark about contest winner----

that is laughable.

I dont think he was calling you a contest winner, i think he was just telling you about the 15 contest winners that seemed more interested in cell phones and beer.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 1 2010, 10:48 AM)
I think we're seeing people who don't know each other very well in real life passing judgment each other as if they did. Not really fair, is it?

Thanks for saying what I tried to type about 15 times!

1-0-0-1 EDIT: I edited my post for clarity after you quoted me, so I fixed this one, too.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 1 2010, 12:32 PM)
FWIW... I would rather see RushGirl up front rocking her butt off because she is a true hard core fan. VS  the 15 or so "contest winners" or "my dad is the lawyer for the venue" types who get front row 

VS is hardly a contest winner. He is a hard core fan who works hard for the money he shells out for front row.

Actually, I believe in JR's post she intended VS to stand for "versus". She would rather see Rushgirl up front versus contest winners who could care less. Looks like a wayward period in the post is causing this confusion.

That is all.

trink36.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 1 2010, 06:18 PM)
QUOTE (summer_sky @ Sep 1 2010, 12:15 PM)

i'm a big fan of live music and love to be right up front, however, i still cannot bring myself to support the scalping industry.  just seems wrong on many levels.

goodpost.gif Scalpers Suck

Something I think most of us can agree on!

QUOTE (Prime Mover and Shaker @ Sep 1 2010, 02:01 PM)
I think we're seeing people who don't know each other very well in real life passing judgment each other as if they did. Not really fair, is it?

Yeah, this isn't SOCN!

j/k

tongue.gif

What is this SOCN? I haven't been here very long.

It is a shame these days that concert etiquette has fallen by the wayside.

If an individual is assigned a seat to go see a movie, that is where they go. A concert should not be any different.

A concert is supposed to be of equality and democracy - not one trying to be more popular than the others.

A good book that should be read by everyone is 'How to Win Friends and Influence People'.

Some recognizable shtick tends to get old overtime.

Regardless if someone is a long time fan or not should not be given any special treatment. What you buy is what you get.

If I saw a fan from the stage doing anything that was disrespectful to other fans, they would be exited from the building. That is not normal behavior.

This is not directed to any particular person, but general etiquette.

Edited by RushFanForever

QUOTE (Draco @ Sep 1 2010, 01:50 PM)

Thanks for saying what I tried to type about 15 times!

Not sure what that has to do with what is right and what is wrong?

Ok so the three laws of a Rush fan:

1. A Rush fan should never disrepsect another Rush fan's space

2. A Rush fan may trade or share seats with another Rush fan ONLY as long as this action does not conflict with the first law.

3. A Rush fan should not push their way to the front if there is no seat available for them because this conflicts with the first and second law.

Awww yeh cool.gif

QUOTE (RushFanForever @ Sep 1 2010, 01:02 PM)
It is a shame these days that concert etiquette has fallen by the wayside.

If an individual is assigned a seat to go see a movie, that is where they go. A concert should not be any different.

A concert is supposed to be of equality and democracy - not one trying to be more popular than the others.

A good book that should be read by everyone is 'How to Win Friends and Influence People'.

Some recognizable shtick tends to get old overtime.

Regardless if someone is a long time fan or not should not be given any special treatment. What you buy is what you get.

If I saw a fan from the stage doing anything that was disrespectful to other fans, they would be exited from the building. That is not normal behavior.

This is not directed to any particular person, but general etiquette.

Agree. I'm new around these forums, but been a Rush fan all my life. I never tried to sit anywhere I didn't have tickets for, even when seeing an empty one down in the second row. Yeah, I'd love to be up there, but so would everyone else that have seats further back.

I think it is OK to switch with someone if it is agreed between those two people and if it doesn't become a disruption, such as a single switch during intermission. But taking this to an extreme, one could abuse this by buying one front row seat and rotating 10 different people in there over the course of a show. That is distracting and takes away enjoyment from everyone around that seat. The key here is to be respectful and discreet.

But to squeeze a 2-for-1 deal in there while expecting most everyone else to abide by the general rule of one per seat isn't right.

Naturally there is far greater value attached to seats in the front. And the response by legitimate ticket holders for these that feel they are getting ripped off by people that cause disruptions or sit or frequently move where they haven't paid for is legit and proportionate to the "value" being lost by that behavior.

Isn't that what Alex was getting pissed off about with a front row fan at the Irvine show in the "When Alex Gets Mad" thread??

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 1 2010, 11:02 AM)

Yeah, this isn't SOCN!

j/k

tongue.gif

What is this SOCN? I haven't been here very long.

Some Obviously Crack-smoking Nerds.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 1 2010, 12:32 PM)
FWIW... I would rather see RushGirl up front rocking her butt off because she is a true hard core fan. VS  the 15 or so "contest winners" or "my dad is the lawyer for the venue" types who get front row and have no idea who the band is, and are just texting and getting beer during the whole show, not knowing a single song. I'm sure the band enjoys seeing super huge fans enjoying them selves up front as well. My  $.02. smile.gif

And I highly doubt the band would support a free for all to the front row nor woudl I imagine they would support the act of walking down and taking a seat that you didn't pay for and didn't have permission to sit in.

sorry! to clarify... the "VS" in my post was "vs." as in VERSUS. not Vital Signs.

my bad.

As 73 said, a lot of people are assuming things about other people that aren't necessary, on both sides.

Just because you assume that people in the front row don't know who the band is or are *GASP* not the dreaded CONTEST WINNERS (many contest winners are actually Rush fans... shocking, I know) doesn't make them less worthy of the seat that they have or that they paid for. You have no idea how they got their seat and you have no idea how much they are or are not enjoying the show. People enjoy things in their own way. I'm not saying Rushgirl is saying she is more worthy than others of front row (she seems like a nice, respectable gal who most of the time pays good, hard earned cash for her front row seat), but others are acting this way and its almost a little shocking. I didn't know there were official judges as to who is the better Rush fan. I didn't know there was rules where if you are a better fan you can just walk up and get into the front row. Here all this time I thought you had to pay money. Gee, I'm a pretty huge fan. I guess I should just walk up and take my spot in the front row.

I understand that she didn't mean any harm by what she did and if she thought that people would be upset, she probably wouldn't have done it. But its just natural for people to be a little upset when someone gets to be in a seat that they didn't pay for. Because I guarantee you there were plenty of other huge huge fans of Rush who would have died to be in the front row. Hell, I would have died to be in the front row. So how is it decided that its okay for some to get into the front row but not others? Because they're a "better" fan? Absurd. I've of the mindset, ya gotta stick to the rules and live with what ya got. But that's just me.

Again Rushgirl, don't take this personally, I'm not just responding to you but a lot of the others who have responded to this post. I'm just giving my honest opinion of the whole deal.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Sep 1 2010, 10:45 AM)

It sounds like you are not going to change what you are doing Rushgirl, so THAT ALONE tells me what kind of person you really are.

You talk seats like you talk politics.

tongue.gif

LOL

Prolly True That!

QUOTE (Alex @ Sep 1 2010, 01:21 PM)
Ok so the three laws of a Rush fan:

1. A Rush fan should never disrepsect another Rush fan's space

2. A Rush fan may trade or share seats with another Rush fan ONLY as long as this action does not conflict with the first law.

3. A Rush fan should not push their way to the front if there is no seat available for them because this conflicts with the first and second law.

Law 4: Violators of Laws 1 to 3 must be dealt with appropriately.

Appropriate penalties include:

i) Subjecting the violator to the entire Barry Manilow catalog at high volume.

ii) An icepick in the forehead (is that redundant with the above ?)

iii) Duct tape the offender to the back side of a cow in a pen full of bulls.

Edited by Clue69Less

It's just like butting in line at the grocery store just because you don't like waiting in line. But should someone let you in before then, by all means be polite and take them up on it if you'd like.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 1 2010, 12:06 PM)
QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Sep 1 2010, 10:02 AM)
I will chime in here.

Yes, I did go to the front in Vegas for 10 minutes - knew a friend up there!
Yes I did go up in Columbus for the 2nd half (my friend let me stay)

No one else but YOU complains, if I was encroaching on someones space and they had an issue, of course I would leave.

Everyone around me was friendly and not pissed off.

I pay for my front row tickets 90% of the time, 2 times this tour I have not...........

Jealousy rears it`s ugly head here on TRF..........

Next time you go to a show, let me know where your seats are (I will assume front row since you buy them 90% of the time). I'll buy lawn tickets and just come down and squeeze right in on you. In fact, everyone remember that this isn't a big deal to Rushgirl and we can all sit in the front row around her.

Anytime, I have let tons of FRIENDS in at my front row area.........

I would be hard pressed to let anyone from here in though. wacko.gif