Who do you people think you are???

vital signz

You know, I know many people love Rush----few do as much as I do----but what I do not understand is the unmitigated rudeness of those that feel that they can just wander up into the front rows at some point during the show and sqqqquuuuueeeeezzzzzeeeeee their way into the rows and crowd those that either were blessed enough to get incredible seats, or those that paid LOTS of money to get the seats. Its one thing if you want to change seats with someone for a while. That is no problem. What I have a big problem with is just wandering up into the rows and crowding those that are peacefully enjoying the show.

It makes my blood boil. All of a sudden you are holding on to your space and getting squeezed and pushed out of your "seat area" and it just sucks.

There are people on this board that do this. I have seen it repeatedly with my own eyes. You all know who you are and it is a shitty thing to do.

Stop it.

Have respect for those that are around you. There is no excuse for it, and you are being a gigantic butthole when you do it. If you want to switch seats with those you know in the front row for a while do it, but stop getting into the space of others, which leads to security coming up to you during the show, and disrupting everyone around you. It is rude, unthoughtful, and disrespectful.

Stop it.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was nowhere near front row, but I had a couple of completely stoned young 20-something guys who kept trying to take the empty seats around me when people would get up. They got away with it for about 10 mins before the people would come back and they'd move on to the next empty seats.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Aug 16 2010, 03:21 PM)
I was nowhere near front row, but I had a couple of completely stoned young 20-something guys who kept trying to take the empty seats around me when people would get up. They got away with it for about 10 mins before the people would come back and they'd move on to the next empty seats.

That happens at any event I've ever been to (sporting, concert, etc.)

Some venues won't even let you into a section without showing your ticket. Others seem to be more lax about that.

I will be in the 100 section, and anyone who bothers me and messes up my show is going to get the air harp beating of their life. laugh.gif Get OUT of my section. I paid for it, and I have the receipt...

A quick elbow to the correct knee-buckling spot and I think they will get the message. Don't try to be civil and deal with them because it will not work. One shot to the right spot puts 'em on the ground and you just shrug and act all innocent like when security comes by. Worked both times I used this method.

2.gif

QUOTE (OldRod @ Aug 16 2010, 03:30 PM)

That happens at any event I've ever been to (sporting, concert, etc.)

It has been going on for years . Some places just don't give a toss where people belong . Like you said, some places do care

It does suck when that happens at a concert or any other event where there's a lot of people. Trying to reason and tell people not to do it won't work. Some people are gonna be assholes like that no matter what. Yeah, it's annoying but it comes with the territory and in all my years of going to concerts i've learned to accept it and enjoy the show as much as I can despite how obnoxious some people can be.

I Guess I'll Head out to The Rocks and Ask People to get out of my 7th row seats! cool.gif

I agree....

In Vegas, they checked everyone trying to go to the floor, or to the front...no ticket no go...

I had a few d-bags around me tonight, unfortunately.

Whatever you do, don't sit in Row 18 at Red Rocks unless you want to get beer spilled on you all night, because that's the fast track to your nearest Coors Light stand.

I had one guy walk in front of me, stop, yell at his friend 50 feet away, walk in front of me again, stop, turn around, walk in front of me a third time, before finally going back to his damn seat. At this point, I just said "come on, man" and the moron grunted something at me before sitting down.

Made it very hard to enjoy La Villa in the encore.

The beer problem was no better in row 1. Missed a cool part of the show because this chick kept bringing beers up using my seat. Then I had the meathead who kept moving right in front of my. Totally drunk, I actually gave him a shove before he backed in to me. Then 2 people who were NOT Rush fans won the radio station contest and they had no actual seat numbers so they shoved them next to me.

I had having so many distractions. sad.gif

Well I'll be damned..................

She did it again.

I am gonna name names.

RUSHGIRL from Toronto.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

You snuck up front row again in Columbus and you weaseled out another front row experience without paying the exorbitant money paid by another person.

I think you ought to be truly ashamed of yourself. You did it in Vegas and you did it in Columbus. I don't know why some people feel the need to be so immature. Those around you just shake their heads in disbelief. Rude, disrespectful and immature as holy hell. Jesus. I wonder how many other venues you did this at and how many other folks you took advantage of???????

angry.gif confused13.gif confused13.gif confused13.gif confused13.gif

QUOTE (vital signz @ Sep 1 2010, 09:15 AM)

She did it again.

I am gonna name names.

RUSHGIRL from Toronto.

You snuck up front row again in Columbus and you weaseled out another front row experience without paying the exorbitant money paid by another person.

I think you ought to be truly ashamed of yourself. You did it in Vegas and you did it in Columbus. I don't know why some people feel the need to be so immature. Those around you just shake their heads in disbelief. Rude, disrespectful and immature as holy hell. Jesus. I wonder how many other venues you did this at and how many other folks you took advantage of???????

Yeah, I saw her too...she was only a couple rows behind me with her plate in her purse. I can't stand people who think they are entitled for no reason at the expense of others. Screw them.

And drunk beer assholes are just disrespectful idiots who blow too much money on overpriced booze, and then bitch about not having any money.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Sep 1 2010, 08:15 AM)

RUSHGIRL from Toronto.

So Thats how she does it . I thought she was just a rich chick that payed for those seats laugh.gif

I will chime in here.

Yes, I did go to the front in Vegas for 10 minutes - knew a friend up there!

Yes I did go up in Columbus for the 2nd half (my friend let me stay)

No one else but YOU complains, if I was encroaching on someones space and they had an issue, of course I would leave.

Everyone around me was friendly and not pissed off.

I pay for my front row tickets 90% of the time, 2 times this tour I have not...........

Jealousy rears it`s ugly head here on TRF..........

QUOTE (vprtrls @ Sep 1 2010, 08:53 AM)
IMO you complainers either turn her in to the ushers and bust her or quit your whining. You go Rushgirl! 2.gif

wink.gif Thank you for not being a DICK, unlike some people on this forum!

Okay, deep breaths everyone.

Probably the best move when/if you're upset at something at a show is to deal with it directly, AT the show, perhaps...

I'm not sure an inflammatory post is the best course of action.

We try very hard to be civil here, even in tense situations. Let's all remember that, please.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Aug 16 2010, 05:34 AM)
You know, I know many people love Rush----few do as much as I do----but what I do not understand is the unmitigated rudeness of those that feel that they can just wander up into the front rows at some point during the show and sqqqquuuuueeeeezzzzzeeeeee their way into the rows and crowd those that either were blessed enough to get incredible seats, or those that paid LOTS of money to get the seats. Its one thing if you want to change seats with someone for a while. That is no problem. What I have a big problem with is just wandering up into the rows and crowding those that are peacefully enjoying the show.

It makes my blood boil. All of a sudden you are holding on to your space and getting squeezed and pushed out of your "seat area" and it just sucks.

There are people on this board that do this. I have seen it repeatedly with my own eyes. You all know who you are and it is a shitty thing to do.

Stop it.

Have respect for those that are around you. There is no excuse for it, and you are being a gigantic butthole when you do it. If you want to switch seats with those you know in the front row for a while do it, but stop getting into the space of others, which leads to security coming up to you during the show, and disrupting everyone around you. It is rude, unthoughtful, and disrespectful.

Stop it.

Diddums! Poor baby. Mummy provide you with your own bubble next time.

Ah bless!!

QUOTE (Rushgirl @ Sep 1 2010, 03:02 PM)
I will chime in here.

Yes, I did go to the front in Vegas for 10 minutes - knew a friend up there!
Yes I did go up in Columbus for the 2nd half (my friend let me stay)

No one else but YOU complains, if I was encroaching on someones space and they had an issue, of course I would leave.

Everyone around me was friendly and not pissed off.

I pay for my front row tickets 90% of the time, 2 times this tour I have not...........

Jealousy rears it`s ugly head here on TRF..........

200 years ago a guy like VS could have you burned at the stake you evil witch!!

Uhhh...

As it turned out, she was asked to leave BEFORE the start of the first set. She begged and pleaded to be allowed to stay over and over and they asked her to leave.

Then she did it again before the second set.

She stayed the whole second set.

The guy she does it to is a nice fellow, he said to me before the show to expect it to happen and to ask security to say something. They caught her before I or anyone could, but the second set they gave up on her.

It is immature and rude.

And as for you Tony R you have been and always will be a horses rear end.

Edited by vital signz

QUOTE (vital signz @ Sep 1 2010, 02:15 PM)

She did it again.

I am gonna name names.

RUSHGIRL from Toronto.

How old are you?????