When Alex gets mad...

rugen

After seeing is performance on the tv series Trailers Parks Boys and his behaviour during this tour, i find Alex very funny. I would love to see him as a actor in the future in a comedy series or film. rofl3.gif Edited by RUDT

Yes!! I noticed all the extra notes! yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

We went to see Paul McCartney 2 weeks ago, and my Dad who was with me for both shows was telling someone that mentioned Paul being in great shape for a guy his age (Total respect for Paul McCartney after the concert he gave in Montreal, and the simplicity he displayed!!) that Geddy had impressed him too in Toronto! Jumping around like crazy and just the way he played.... Slappin' Da Bass!! 1022.gif

I just hope Big Al doesn't get too wound up with the idiots in the crowd.... He is after all the Guitar player, not head of security

Edited by Supersyl

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Aug 15 2010, 09:58 PM)
QUOTE (Synth Sense @ Aug 15 2010, 09:49 PM)
http://www.rushisaband.com/comment.php?article_id=2271

I don't think it's been posted, but one of the comments here (I think #26) has a possible answer as to why he's so pissed.

"Yes, Alex finally got tired of a guy who had been videotaping him the whole show and asked him to stop...more than once. The guy kept filming...."

And what did I say in the sixth post????.....

"My guess is someone is taking constant photos or video."

Thank you. bekloppt.gif

Considering all the Rush boots floating around, I thought they were perfectly fine and open to people doing it.

Just saw this in the youtube page. Anyone know anything about this?

Michael used to be head of security, but apparently is no longer. Don't know why the switch, but got it on good authority from a crew member. New head is a guy named Kevin. It was this guy that tossed the offending fan because she was elbowing all through the front row trying to get pics, and almost starting fights in the process. I saw the security guy go to her and tell her it was time to go. Then I saw him look up at Alex and gesture "out?" with his finger. Alex nodded yes and out she went!

QUOTE (fonzbear2000 @ Aug 27 2010, 12:46 AM)

I don't think it's been posted, but one of the comments here (I think #26) has a possible answer as to why he's so pissed.

"Yes, Alex finally got tired of a guy who had been videotaping him the whole show and asked him to stop...more than once. The guy kept filming...."

Thank you. bekloppt.gif

Considering all the Rush boots floating around, I thought they were perfectly fine and open to people doing it.

Agree. They know that particular horse has left the barn, and there is nothing to be done about it. Heck, I even saw Geddy and Alex practically pose for some pictures in Chicago this week.

Better explanation is the drunk, unruly, oblivious fan.

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Aug 27 2010, 03:24 PM)

Thank you. bekloppt.gif

Agree. They know that particular horse has left the barn, and there is nothing to be done about it. Heck, I even saw Geddy and Alex practically pose for some pictures in Chicago this week.

If the venue allows cameras, I've seen Geddy "pose" for pics many times during the course of the show. However, if the venue doesn't allow them, I've seen both Geddy and Alex get pretty PO'd at people taking pictures.

QUOTE (Supersyl @ Aug 18 2010, 11:51 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 14 2010, 01:53 PM)
Maybe this was the show Varian went too. He's probably shouting, "ALEX! Janie and I LOOOOOOVE you!!"

http://a.imageshack.us/img180/7444/alexstop.gif

Maybe he got tired of the guy screaming "WTF happened to Jacob's Ladder???????" all night long unsure.gif

HAHAHAHA!!

Comment of the year!

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Aug 27 2010, 09:58 PM)
QUOTE (Supersyl @ Aug 18 2010, 11:51 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 14 2010, 01:53 PM)
Maybe this was the show Varian went too. He's probably shouting, "ALEX! Janie and I LOOOOOOVE you!!"

http://a.imageshack.us/img180/7444/alexstop.gif

Maybe he got tired of the guy screaming "WTF happened to Jacob's Ladder???????" all night long unsure.gif

HAHAHAHA!!

Comment of the year!

alex's exasperation, leading to making his plea with his playing hand, is simply hilarious.

This is just great. The Limelight vid shows Alex looking really ticked off at 2:50 as well. Never seen Alex look so pissed.

Whoever this lady was at the Irvine show, she is going to cause Rush to quit touring! Because you know if Alex starts complaining about it, Neil will be right there backing him up and then it is 2-to-1 in favor of quitting!

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Aug 27 2010, 04:35 PM)
QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Aug 27 2010, 03:24 PM)

Thank you. bekloppt.gif

If the venue allows cameras, I've seen Geddy "pose" for pics many times during the course of the show. However, if the venue doesn't allow them, I've seen both Geddy and Alex get pretty PO'd at people taking pictures.

Neil did make mention of constant picture takers. I think it's in Roadshow.

Ged and Alex are probably more used to it now.

At one point a few years ago, there must have been that time when they all asked umongst themselves...."What's with all the digital cameras in the audience all of a sudden? Everyone has a fvckin' camera now snapping away and security does nothing about it, even though it's clearly stated on the tickets no cameras (many have) and at the venue enterance!!"

For the most part the pros are the only ones making any money, and probably not really that much either. The pros also tend to use more tact in regards to subject matter when posting their photos.

Edited by Mr. Krinkle

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 15 2010, 05:03 PM)
What kind of impresses me is that he just carries on performing the whole time. Yeah, I know he's a pro and can probably play CTTH backwards on an upside-down guitar while under general anesthetic, but still.

What kind of impresses me is that he just carries on performing the whole time. Yeah, I know he's a pro and can probably play CTTH backwards on an upside-down guitar while under general anesthetic, but still.
If you watch this one,
you can hear the strumming stop when he stops playing. I had the same thought as you.

The way I see it is if Al or Ged are getting heckled by some idiot, we OWE it to them to throw a quick elbow and give that person some sleepytime wink.gif If someone kept yelling for a reaction from the band near me....I'd ensure all is quiet in our area by force. ph34r.gif

This vid seems a better view of the trouble area. Note that the girl in the earings to the left of the guy in the '30' shirt seems to appear to his left periodically from time to time. Maybe she is the seat shifter/beer spiller/CTTH interrupter..

Check 1:49 you see her crowd out this dude...

The irony is seeing Alex all tense for this show and Neil looks like he is having a great time laugh.gif

Edited by Duck

QUOTE (Duck @ Aug 31 2010, 10:50 PM)
This vid seems a better view of the trouble area. Note that the girl in the earings to the left of the guy in the '30' shirt seems to appear to his left periodically from time to time. Maybe she is the seat shifter/beer spiller/CTTH interrupter..

Check 1:49 you see her crowd out this dude...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqlP5SwtYUI

The irony is seeing Alex all tense for this show and Neil looks like he is having a great time laugh.gif

another zapruder film, brilliant! smile.gif

QUOTE (Supersyl @ Aug 16 2010, 05:50 PM)
I think he' shouting "She's drunk!" or "He's drunk" to the person offstage.

One Little Mystery!!! tongue.gif

I agree. He looks toward security at the side of the stage and says "she's drunk"

Edited by nobodys hero

QUOTE (instantrushfan @ Aug 27 2010, 11:09 AM)
Just saw this in the youtube page. Anyone know anything about this?

Michael used to be head of security, but apparently is no longer. Don't know why the switch, but got it on good authority from a crew member. New head is a guy named Kevin. It was this guy that tossed the offending fan because she was elbowing all through the front row trying to get pics, and almost starting fights in the process. I saw the security guy go to her and tell her it was time to go. Then I saw him look up at Alex and gesture "out?" with his finger. Alex nodded yes and out she went!

Kevin's been with them for years. He ad Mosbach work together as head of security.