Which flavor do you like most  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which flavor do you like most

• Cherry
    • Lemon
    • Orange
    • Strawberry

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 13 2010, 04:24 PM)
I don't ever buy anything with banana-flavored stuff included in the mix. It makes everything taste faintly of banana. 062802puke_prv.gif

Then you're missing out on the "tropical flavor" Life Savers, which are AWESOME, every flavor in the pack.

QUOTE (thelocator @ Aug 13 2010, 08:15 PM)
1. Leather

2. Milky Cereal

3. Sea Shells

huh.gif

unsure.gif

smile.gif for me, its Lemon yes.gif

if you're gonna do sour, might as well do it right confused13.gif

i get the best face contortions from lemon wacko.gif

and its almost painful what it does to my spit glands bd.gif

it makes my mouth water just thinkin about it...

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 13 2010, 07:42 PM)
Strawberry. And they'll always be Opal Fruits to me, made to make your mouth water.
And Snickers will always be Marathon.

I liked the Lime myself.

Yes, I remember the original name as well...Opal Fruits, kiddies, NOT Starburst.

And yes, Snickers is an abominable name...marathon was much better yes.gif

I voted cherry....but check out this gross story.

OK....I have a friend who told me this disgusting story about Starburst.

When she was a kid she used to chew up two or three different flavored Starburst at the same time to mash them all together. She would then take the now combined flavored mess out of her mouth, break it up into original Starburst sized pieces and with her grubby fingers mold them back into Starburst shaped pieces and set them on her dirty old window sill until they had dried (sometimes for days or weeks). She would then re-wrap them in Starburst wrappers, and sell them to other kids in her neighborhood for 10 cents a piece claiming they were new Starburst flavors...The neighborhood kids ate them of course and loved them she claimed.

Then she saw it as a money making scheme, but today she is fully aware (and fully amused) at the vomitousness of the whole thing.

062802puke_prv.gif

Edited by Some Half-Forgotten Stranger

QUOTE (Fridge @ Aug 14 2010, 03:20 AM)
Strawberry. And they'll always be Opal Fruits to me, made to make your mouth water.

I liked the Lime myself.

Yes, I remember the original name as well...Opal Fruits, kiddies, NOT Starburst.

This must be a "what they're called in the UK" thing... they were ALWAYS called Snickers here in the US.

In the UK and Ireland, it was originally sold under the name Marathon. Mars standardized many of its global brand names and the name was changed to Snickers in 1990. For 18 months before the name changed, the words "Internationally known as Snickers" were printed on the side of the Marathon wrapper. Following the name change, the bar moved from being Britain's ninth most popular bar to the third most popular.

Mars has since re-registered the original name as a UK trademark. There is also a campaign to rename the bar: Bring Back Marathon.

Could be that the reason they're not called "Marathon" here is because there ALREADY WAS a candy bar called Marathon - an eight-inch caramel bar covered in milk chocolate and shaped into a braid. The commercials implied it took a long time to eat the whole thing, thus "Marathon." They were similar to the UK's "Curly Wurly."

http://www.victoryseeds.com/candystore/images/marathon/1973_Jason-Liebig_front.jpg

Opal Fruits were started by Mars in 1960. (And there was lime instead of cherry.)

In 1967, they were introduced to the US as Starburst.

Eventually they became standardized worldwide as "Starburst," lastly in Ireland in 1998. Many in the UK still refer to them as Opal Fruits.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 14 2010, 07:51 AM)

Could be that the reason they're not called "Marathon" here is because there ALREADY WAS a candy bar called Marathon - an eight-inch caramel bar covered in milk chocolate and shaped into a braid. The commercials implied it took a long time to eat the whole thing, thus "Marathon." They were similar to the UK's "Curly Wurly."

http://www.victoryseeds.com/candystore/images/marathon/1973_Jason-Liebig_front.jpg

I remember those. They had a ruler printed on the back.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 13 2010, 06:39 PM)
Easily cherry. The red, not the pink (strawberry).

And I'll agree with Mara: I can't believe everyone's not picking cherry. Strawberry?? Really???

Dammit all to WTH!? Strawberry is the best. Cherry is too strong. Lemon has that chemically off-taste and orange is... meh. I want everyone to save up their strawberry Starbursts and send them to me.

Besides, the candy is pink and pink is pretty.

QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Aug 14 2010, 03:26 AM)
I voted cherry....but check out this gross story.

OK....I have a friend who told me this disgusting story about Starburst.

When she was a kid she used to chew up two or three different flavored Starburst at the same time to mash them all together. She would then take the now combined flavored mess out of her mouth, break it up into original Starburst sized pieces and with her grubby fingers mold them back into Starburst shaped pieces and set them on her dirty old window sill until they had dried (sometimes for days or weeks). She would then re-wrap them in Starburst wrappers, and sell them to other kids in her neighborhood for 10 cents a piece claiming they were new Starburst flavors...The neighborhood kids ate them of course and loved them she claimed.

Then she saw it as a money making scheme, but today she is fully aware (and fully amused) at the vomitousness of the whole thing.

062802puke_prv.gif

Oh.

My.

God.

That's kind of smart though. Disgustingly smart in a barfy way.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 14 2010, 04:51 AM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Aug 14 2010, 03:20 AM)

I liked the Lime myself.

This must be a "what they're called in the UK" thing... they were ALWAYS called Snickers here in the US.

In the UK and Ireland, it was originally sold under the name Marathon. Mars standardized many of its global brand names and the name was changed to Snickers in 1990. For 18 months before the name changed, the words "Internationally known as Snickers" were printed on the side of the Marathon wrapper. Following the name change, the bar moved from being Britain's ninth most popular bar to the third most popular.

Mars has since re-registered the original name as a UK trademark. There is also a campaign to rename the bar: Bring Back Marathon.

Those were my favorite growing up. Actually I think all candy was my favorite (and I certainly have the fillings to prove it).

Marathon and Skittles. And orange pop. That way my diet from age 5 to 8.