Question about the intermission music

Any Tull fans who have seen this Rush tour. I have a question!!!!!

Which version of "Thick As A Brick" did they play over the PA during Intermission? It was kick-ass!!

Was that Bursting Out? Or Madison Square Garden 1978? I wanna go buy the damn thing!!!

Edited by Mystic Slipperman

Interesting sidenote - Neil is good friends with Tull drummer Doane Perry. He (Neil) picks the house music - I can absolutely see "Thick As A Brick" appealing to Neil from a philosophical/lyrical standpoint.

Just rambling - not enough coffee yet! tongue.gif

QUOTE (marblesmike @ Aug 13 2010, 10:32 PM)
Gotta love the old-school Genesis I heard during Rush's intermission and pre-show music. I think I heard I Know What I Like and Watcher of the Skies, not to mention the Tull, King Crimson, and Porcupine Tree that also gets played.

Yeah, when I saw them in Toronto, I didn't hear a song I didn't know/like! A couple Floyd tunes, some Genesis, King Crimson... The man has good taste. 653.gif

I have been a Tull fan for even longer than I have been a Rush fan. TAAB changed my life in 1972, seriously. I will let you know which version they play (if they play it,that is) after Monday's concert at Red Rocks. I have 6 versions myself in my library, it should be one of those I would think. Wow, Tull at a Rush show, I always knew there was a connection. As if I couldn't be any more psyched for these 2 shows at the Rocks ( The venue that JT took the blame for being closed to Rock and Roll for 6 years back in 1971...) Yeah, I'm an old fart but I can still ROCK!

QUOTE (aliceintool @ Aug 14 2010, 10:19 AM)
is there anyplace to find the polka version of Closer to the Heart that was playing after the show?  it was highly enjoyable!

Hell I'd take a copy and I haven't even been to the tour yet...going Friday!!!!

Did not hear any Tull on the PA at Red Rocks Monday, but if you want the best live recording of TAAB I would go with the Bursting Out version. It was recorded the year before the MSG concert and had John Glascock playing bass. The MSG show had fill-in friend Tony Williams as Glascock was ill so I don't think it was as tight, but I digress...after last night I think Rush has surpassed Tull as my fav band in the world! Any more Tull questions though, I will try to answer.

QUOTE (Tom's cameraeye @ Aug 17 2010, 08:32 PM)
Did not hear any Tull on the PA at Red Rocks Monday, but if you want the best live recording of TAAB I would go with the Bursting Out version. It was recorded the year before the MSG concert and had John Glascock playing bass. The MSG show had fill-in friend Tony Williams as Glascock was ill so I don't think it was as tight, but I digress...after last night I think Rush has surpassed Tull as my fav band in the world! Any more Tull questions though, I will try to answer.

Thanks Tom. I figured it had to be either Bursting Out or MSG.

Looks like each show is getting different PA music! Very interesting! smile.gif

Note that I only heard Tull at the LA show, and not Irvine...different tunes most every night it would seem!