Jesus, enough of the "I'm the guy in..." threads

cygnus_thegodofbalance

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Aug 12 2010, 07:25 PM)
I'm the guy who started this thread! 1287.gif

^

^ Ted Barchetta likes this

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Aug 13 2010, 12:00 AM)
I so saw this coming... As soon as Snowdog made a spoof thread I was like, "here we go again!"

Yes, I am the guilty party. But I had to call out somebody who claims that they started the "hey" in 2112 and is the kid air drumming during yyz on the GUP dvd. Add to that the same guy started a "douchiest" rush song thread and they were all 3 at the top of the subforum, and I decided it was time for action. pokey.gif

About two seconds after I posted that thread, what was about to occur hit me. I thought about dumping the thread I had created, but when I looked at the screen, Pags had made his "I'm the skeleton" thread.

Oh well, I thought lets have some fun with it. It'll die out soon enough.

Well, I'm the guy who says "Attention all planets of the Solar Federation...we have assumed control. We have assumed control. WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL." biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Synth Sense @ Aug 13 2010, 10:20 AM)
Well, it was thanks to those topics that I found out Superconductor had a music video. Not like it's useful information anyway...

That's a piece of information you'll wish you hadn't learned. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 13 2010, 07:59 AM)
I so saw this coming... As soon as Snowdog made a spoof thread I was like, "here we go again!"

Yes, I am the guilty party. But I had to call out somebody who claims that they started the "hey" in 2112 and is the kid air drumming during yyz on the GUP dvd. Add to that the same guy started a "douchiest" rush song thread and they were all 3 at the top of the subforum, and I decided it was time for action. pokey.gif

About two seconds after I posted that thread, what was about to occur hit me. I thought about dumping the thread I had created, but when I looked at the screen, Pags had made his "I'm the skeleton" thread.

To support Snowdog, here; the unspoken reason WHY we started more of these threads was to bring more attention to how silly they are so they would die out more quickly. Seemed a much better idea to have some fun with the issue, rather than getting nasty with the member who originated them and having one of us start a "Jesus, enough of the "I'm the guy in..." threads".

Ah... but I see it was done here anyway. Sorry, Cygnus - we'll all make sure we make it a better place for you from here on out. m'kay?

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 13 2010, 11:00 AM)
Well, it was thanks to those topics that I found out Superconductor had a music video. Not like it's useful information anyway...

That's a piece of information you'll wish you hadn't learned. Sometimes ignorance really is bliss.

laugh.gif

Very true.

I have often wished that Superconductor was on Roll The Bones, because it ruined Presto for me.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 13 2010, 10:00 AM)

I didn't think the video was that bad.

Besides, I'm the guy who switched Geddy and Alex. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Chrysalii @ Aug 13 2010, 10:55 AM)

The audience was the stupidest looking audience in the world.

Why they would overdub a LIVE performance, is beyond me. Just keep it live, like they play them (AC/DC is a good example.)

QUOTE (Chrysalii @ Aug 13 2010, 09:55 AM)

Why did you do that? WHY? wacko.gif It messed my mind up completely. THINGS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (The Slanny Ganizat @ Aug 12 2010, 08:06 PM)
They all popped up in one day. I come into the board today going... "ummmm... WTF?? confused13.gif "

One might have been entertaining, two possibly, but seriously I don't even want to touch any of them with 10 of them floating around...

Yeah, when I popped my head in yesterday, the first ten or so threads were all the same. I left. Quickly.

One is funny for laughs. Two can be funny, even three but at that point it becomes tricky at making it funny. Any more than that... just, stop.

QUOTE (Pags @ Aug 13 2010, 08:04 AM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 13 2010, 07:59 AM)

To support Snowdog, here; the unspoken reason WHY we started more of these threads was to bring more attention to how silly they are so they would die out more quickly. Seemed a much better idea to have some fun with the issue, rather than getting nasty with the member who originated them and having one of us start a "Jesus, enough of the "I'm the guy in..." threads".

Ah... but I see it was done here anyway. Sorry, Cygnus - we'll all make sure we make it a better place for you from here on out. m'kay?

I couldn't help but jump on the dog pile and started one myself laugh.gif

just to add to the mess and since it's not really a big deal. As snowdog said, it will die out soon, and soon is a couple of days at most.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Aug 13 2010, 11:09 AM)

laugh.gif

Very true.

I have often wished that Superconductor was on Roll The Bones, because it ruined Presto for me.

You guys are crazy...the song isn't THAT bad at all.

Sometimes it has become cool to hate on some of these songs. Sure, it isn't one of their best, but it is far from their worst either IMO.

The video on the other hand... eh.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Aug 13 2010, 03:17 PM)

laugh.gif

Very true.

Sometimes it has become cool to hate on some of these songs. Sure, it isn't one of their best, but it is far from their worst either IMO.

I meant the video only. I love the song! (It's true. Slightly embarrassing, but true).

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Aug 13 2010, 03:17 PM)

laugh.gif

Very true.

I love it when Xanadu segues into Superconductor tongue.gif

Sometimes we all just want to be the ball in the Lock & Key video...

wub.gif and stare at Neils arms in that blue tank top! Whoo-hoo

Archived