*SPOILER* Inception

Lost In Xanadu

Anyone wanna discuss what they thought about it?

I totally saw the ending coming, with the top continuing to spin... So what did that tell us?

Was the whole movie in a dream? Like the fact there is a "totem" was just a way to convince Cobb he wasn't in a dream when in fact he was the whole movie?

Was he in his shrink's office and this was a way to get him to let go of his guilt regarding the death of his wife?

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Aug 11 2010, 01:37 PM)
I think that he was still in a dream. I think that the way the ending has you wondering is pretty cool; it could be either way because the top continued to spin but it wobbled. I hope they don't ruin it with a sequel that exposes it.

I don't think Nolan is big on sequels. He did it with Batman Begins, but he doesn't want to do a third, and not only because of Heath Ledger's passing. I would be extremely surprised to hear of an Inception sequel.

QUOTE (Sussossus @ Aug 11 2010, 04:41 PM)
QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Aug 11 2010, 01:37 PM)
I think that he was still in a dream. I think that the way the ending has you wondering is pretty cool; it could be either way because the top continued to spin but it wobbled. I hope they don't ruin it with a sequel that exposes it.

I don't think Nolan is big on sequels. He did it with Batman Begins, but he doesn't want to do a third, and not only because of Heath Ledger's passing. I would be extremely surprised to hear of an Inception sequel.

lolwut?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Knight_(film)#Sequel

He seems excited enough in those quotations... As for his other films, they aren't built for sequels to follow. And that's a very good way for him to do things.

I just came back from my second viewing of Inception, and I never go to movies twice. Seeing it the second time gave me a whole new impression on the depth of this film. It is simply brilliant.

Regarding the ending; There is a scene early on where he spins the top for the girl and it falls. I listened to it carefully because I wanted to compare it to the end on this second view. I can tell you it is clearly my impression the top falls and he is indeed in real life. You can hear it start to wobble in the first scene just before it falls. In a later scene, where the top keeps spinning it does not wobble one bit.

This belief also comes from the fact that there are many scenes where Cobb is in the real world and he knows his goal is to get home. Remember the early scene where he's on the phone with the kids? So if he was in a dream at the end, what purpose would it serve? He's doing everything he can to be with them for real, and he shuns Mol's attempts to stay in a dream world with her. Besides, why would anyone want to keep him in a dream world?

Look, this movie is a masterpiece of complex story telling. The combination of story lines, action (albeit some of it unrealistic) and the MONUMENTAL scope of individual and intertwined complexities make this one of the most thought provoking films I've ever seen.

This movie reduced my brain to mush.

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/jawkjaw/04180041805_450x450_a1.jpg