What RUSH albums - not liked

crazygeo

The Pink and White Album

Grace Under Pressure

Roll the Bones

GUP is an "okay" collection of songs, but none of the songs really grab me.

RTB starts off with one song which is absolutely terrific - "Dreamline" - and really sucks after that.

The Pink and White Album is okay for a fledgling band, but the lyrics suck and the music is all Blues-based Zeppelin rip-offs. It lacks that later "Progressive" sound which began on the next album.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RTB - Suck's, wish they never made it

HYF - If this is what Hell feels like, i am going church

S&A - Sounds like REO Speedwagon trying to be a metal band

You asked laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 11 2010, 09:02 AM)
RTB - Suck's, wish they never made it
HYF - If this is what Hell feels like, i am going church
S&A - Sounds like REO Speedwagon trying to be a metal band
You asked laugh.gif

The way with words...... rofl3.gif

Roll The Bones is the only one I don't really care for. Even the first album gets more spins. The lyrics IMO were the most depressing up to that point and the production...... 062802puke_prv.gif it sounded like it was recorded off of an AM station.

RTB does have a few redeeming tracks....Dreamline and Bravado come to mind, as well as the instrumental....but because of crappy production I can only listen to concert versions of those tracks.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 11 2010, 07:54 AM)

Wow...really? I think every song on there is fabulous, one of their best in terms of songwriting.

I'm with Metaldad in that my least liked are RTB, HYF and S&A (though I really like about half of RTB & HYF).

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Aug 11 2010, 10:51 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 11 2010, 07:54 AM)

Wow...really? I think every song on there is fabulous, one of their best in terms of songwriting.

Yes, really. I know I'm in a minority with this record, and I'm surprised more people don't agree with me, but these aren't songs I'm dying to hear over and over. They're all okay, not "bad," but they just don't jump out at me and cause excitement.

When replacing my old vinyl Rush records with CD's, this was the last one I bothered to get. I wasn't in a "rush" to get the CD.

Test for Echo - total bore fest.

Counterparts - has some good qualities such as "Speed of Love" and "Everyday Glory". The rest of the album doesn't impress me that much. Rush may have returned to a hard rockin' three piece with this album, but a lot of "spirit" was also taken out. Doesn't affect me emotionally.

There are no Rush albums that I do not like, however, Vapor Trails is my least favourite. I love the songs (which is why I listen to it quite a bit), but the production ruins a lot of it (I find the most "ruined" song is Secret Touch, or Ghost Rider).

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Aug 11 2010, 12:01 PM)
Counterparts - has some good qualities such as "Speed of Love" and "Everyday Glory". The rest of the album doesn't impress me that much. Rush may have returned to a hard rockin' three piece with this album, but a lot of "spirit" was also taken out. Doesn't affect me emotionally.

CT...the fact that you list 'Speed of Love' as one of the better qualities might explain why you don't care for this album. tongue.gif

Counterparts is an amazing album, both in songs and production IMO. Animate, CTTC, and LTTA all carry amazing qualities! Some of their best stuff. This is easily their best 90's album. I honestly love the whole album, but if I had to choose, The Speed of Love would definitely be my 'least favourite' on CP for sure.

Archived