The Doctor Who thread.

The Owl

Watching my first Colin Baker adventure Revelation of Daleks... :popcorn:

How did you find it?

I think Colin Baker is an underrated Doctor. He hardly gets any love (except for the Big Finish audio adventures, where he's really come into his own)

Revelation of Daleks is actually one of my favourite Dalek stories (along with Genesis of the Daleks, the Hartnell ones, and the sadly missing Troughton ones).

I think it's got some great black comedy moments, as well as some great scares (the scene where the woman finds her mutated father encased inside a glass Dalek is a classic moment) and a great cast.

• Like 1

How did you find it?

I think Colin Baker is an underrated Doctor. He hardly gets any love (except for the Big Finish audio adventures, where he's really come into his own)

Revelation of Daleks is actually one of my favourite Dalek stories (along with Genesis of the Daleks, the Hartnell ones, and the sadly missing Troughton ones).

I think it's got some great black comedy moments, as well as some great scares (the scene where the woman finds her mutated father encased inside a glass Dalek is a classic moment) and a great cast.

I felt sorry for Colin Baker - he had a rough time of it. I still do.

• Like 2

How did you find it?

I'll let you know, still getting through it...squinting for the spoilers, lol.

How did you find it?

:oops: Sorry...Didn't realise you hadn't finished it.

I love Doctor Who and so does my daughter... #1, #2, #11 (12?) Are our faves so far.

Most bummer of a companion exit was Donna Noble with poor sweet genious kid A coming in close second.

I guess ya just have to be a geek, like Sci-Fi and also British shit to dig the Doc! :yes:

• Like 1

How did you find it?

No problemo :) I also just finished Caves of Androzani for the first time, my appreciation for PD's Doctor has soared during the last year.

• Like 1

Just bought this! Recovered and restored, with episode 3 reconstructed from telesnaps!

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Babycat4/20140321_124412-1.jpg

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

• Like 2

How did you find it?

No problemo :) I also just finished Caves of Androzani for the first time, my appreciation for PD's Doctor has soared during the last year.

Yeah, Androzani is fantastic! Tense ffrom start to finish, and my favourite regeneration scene

Kinda is my other favourite Davison story

• Like 1

Just bought this! Recovered and restored, with episode 3 reconstructed from telesnaps!

Great story!!! And one that I never thought I'd get to see. I was so excited when it's recovery was announced!!!

• Like 1

Great story!!! And one that I never thought I'd get to see. I was so excited when it's recovery was announced!!!

I was jumping for joy! I don't know how many are missing, presumed lost, but I'll keep my eyes out for them! :D

I was jumping for joy! I don't know how many are missing, presumed lost, but I'll keep my eyes out for them! :D

There are currently 97 missing episodes...Too many...but at least it's less than it was this time last year

How did you find it?

Yeah, Androzani is fantastic! Tense ffrom start to finish, and my favourite regeneration scene

Kinda is my other favourite Davison story

OMG, that regen scene was amazing, I kept playing it over and over! :LOL: Yeah he's way underrated YL, I never saw it at the time because I guess I was being a little reactionary after Tom, his style was soooo different...and I was young! He has some hilarious lines as well and of course is a fine actor...nope, he's up there with the best of ém, no question! I think he's been to some conventions as well :notworthy:

• Like 1

There are currently 97 missing episodes...Too many...but at least it's less than it was this time last year

97! Good Lord! :o Are there any others? William Hartnell, perhaps? Jon Pertwee? I know parts of Tom Baker's Shada was recreated through telesnaps and his narration.

97! Good Lord! :o Are there any others? William Hartnell, perhaps? Jon Pertwee? I know parts of Tom Baker's Shada was recreated through telesnaps and his narration.

It's only Hartnell and Troughton that are missing.

Some Pertwee only exist in black and white (part 3 of Planet of the Daleks, part 1 of Invasion of the Dinosaurs, most of Ambassadors of Death and ALL of The Mind of Evil) but these have now been painstakingly recoloured for the DVD's.

Tom Baker's Shada is a different matter. That story is incomplete because it was never finished. They had completed all location filming around Cambridge, and some studio filming...but then strikes at the BBC meant they couldn't finish the studio recording.

Here's the complete list of missing episodes:

William Hartnell

Marco Polo - all seven episodes missing

The Reign of Terror - episodes 4 and 5 (out of six) missing

The Crusade - episodes 2 and 4 (out of four) missing

Galaxy Four - episodes 1, 2 and 4 (out of four) missing

Mission to the Unknown - single episode story, missing

The Myth Makers - all four episodes missing

The Daleks' Master Plan - episodes 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11 and 12 (of twelve episodes) missing.

The Massacre - all four episodes missing

The Celestial Toymaker - episodes 1, 2 and 3 (out of four) are missing

The Savages - all four episodes missing

The Smugglers - all four episodes missing

The Tenth Planet - episode 4 (out of four) missing

Patrick Troughton

The Power of the Daleks - all six episodes missing

The Highlanders - all four episodes missing

The Underwater Menace - episodes 1 and 4 (out of four) missing

The Moonbase - episodes 1 & 3 (out of four) missing

The Macra Terror - all four episodes missing

The Faceless Ones - episodes 2, 4, 5 & 6 (out of six) missing

The Evil of the Daleks - episodes 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 (out of seven) missing

The Abominable Snowmen - episodes 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6 (out of six) missing

The Ice Warriors - episodes 2 and 3 (out of six) missing

The Web of Fear - episode 3 missing

Fury from the Deep - all six episodes missing

The Wheel in Space - episodes 1, 2, 4 and 5 (out of six) missing

The Invasion - episodes 1 and 4 (out of eight) missing

The Space Pirates - episodes 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6 (out of six) missing

Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 1

Did I seriously hear that River Song is coming back next season??? If so I guess only Moffett would be able to pull that out of his ass and make it work. I thought is was amazing enough how he tied up Matt Smiths' reign!
  • Like 1

Did I seriously hear that River Song is coming back next season??? If so I guess only Moffett would be able to pull that out of his ass and make it work. I thought is was amazing enough how he tied up Matt Smiths' reign!

There are rumours (like there always are) but nothing official. This is what Steven Moffat had to say. “It’s always down to whether there’s a good story. My immediate instinct was that story’s probably done. Not that we saw all of it, but I never thought we should see all of it. I’m slightly tempted, because I imagine Peter Capaldi and Alex Kingston would be absolutely hilarious together…”

The other rumour floating around is of the return of the Master.

• Like 1

There are rumours (like there always are) but nothing official. This is what Steven Moffat had to say. “It’s always down to whether there’s a good story. My immediate instinct was that story’s probably done. Not that we saw all of it, but I never thought we should see all of it. I’m slightly tempted, because I imagine Peter Capaldi and Alex Kingston would be absolutely hilarious together…”

Ooooooooooo the Master! I adore John Simm. He was greatin the roll!!!

Yeah, I like John Simm. I was a big fan of him in Life on Mars.

I think it will be a different regeneration of the Master, though. John Simm was a reflection of Tennant's Doctor, in the same way that Roger Delgado was a reflection of Pertwee's Doctor. So, I imagine we'll be having more of a reflection of Capaldi. (one rumour I'm hearing is Charles Dance...which would be awesome...if he's not too busy with Game of Thrones)

• Like 2

Yeah, I like John Simm. I was a big fan of him in Life on Mars.

A brilliant series...I even loved Ashes to Ashes for the genius of Glenister as well. Did you watch The Lakes? That's when I first noticed JS, excellent stuff again...sorry, just had to say that, back to Who now kiddies :cheers:

Edited by Steevo
  • Like 2

Life on Mars was intriguing and all kick ass up until closer to the end when it all seemed in a hurry to wrap up and it got really lame. Really bummed me out because I was really into it. I hate when the brits rush the end of a 8-10 episode tv series.

A lot of the Brits hate the rushed episodes too! Dr Who used to have stories that ran through a few episodes, now they seem to have decided they have to wrap everything up in a single episode and often the story doesn't make sense. The rumour here is that it's to suit the US market...

Dr Who is filmed near where I live, so if any of you are ever in South Wales, PM me and I'll give you a tour of some of the sites. I've seen parts of several episodes being filmed and my daughter's class in school was in Torchwood a few years ago.

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o484/ladyapril2112/LADYTIMEPORTAL/Timey%20Wimey/IMG_5434623619016_zps95d087c7.jpeg
  • Like 1

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o484/ladyapril2112/LADYTIMEPORTAL/Timey%20Wimey/lolzcatsandweepingangels_zps231ac4f7.jpg