The Doctor Who thread.

The Owl

Aw yeah! Now this is what I'm talking about!!! New Doctor Who minisode released

Holy $#!%

Paul mother-flipping McGann!!! Playing the Doctor on screen!!

Regenerating into a young John Hurt!!!

An appearance by the Sisterhood of Karn (from Tom Baker story The Brain of Morbius)

This was great! I just wish it was longer.

Dang! I was just about to post a link to this! You beat me to it!!

Omg! Omg! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

• Like 1

Brilliant!!! :cheerleader: :dweez:

My mum just text me - I turned her into a fan during Tennant's era... She said "Very clever!"

Freakin' loved it!

Still digesting all I just saw...

OMG

• Like 1

Did anyone watch the docudrama "An Adventure in Space and Time" yesterday? Those last ten minutes had be bawling..... great job to David Bradley for his portrayal of Hartnell

Yes!! I saw it! I thought it was brilliant! Bradley was great! :hi: :cheers:

Great episode! Tennant, Smith and Hurt works brilliantly together, with room for a lot of comedy and drama.

A few nice surprises. A cameo by Peter Capaldi's eyes...plus Tom's cameo, what a treat.

The only niggle for me was Hurt's regeneration being cut short due to lack of an Eccleston. That would have been great if they had gotten him to show up and say a couple of post-regeneration lines.

'An Adventure in Space and Time' was also brilliant, and very emotional. The second time it showed the scene with the policeman knocking on the car door and saying, "You'll have to move on...you're in the way."...I pretty much lost it right there...and then when he was crying "I don't want to go" (surely not a coincidence that those were also Tennant's last words, too), that was it, I was in tears too.

Great episode! Tennant, Smith and Hurt works brilliantly together, with room for a lot of comedy and drama.

A few nice surprises. A cameo by Peter Capaldi's eyes...plus Tom's cameo, what a treat.

The only niggle for me was Hurt's regeneration being cut short due to lack of an Eccleston. That would have been great if they had gotten him to show up and say a couple of post-regeneration lines.

'An Adventure in Space and Time' was also brilliant, and very emotional. The second time it showed the scene with the policeman knocking on the car door and saying, "You'll have to move on...you're in the way."...I pretty much lost it right there...and then when he was crying "I don't want to go" (surely not a coincidence that those were also Tennant's last words, too), that was it, I was in tears too.

What a great episode! :ebert:

I always liked Christopher Eccleston, so upon seeing flashbacks of him on the screens and at the line-up at the end had me in tears and smiling, likewise with Rose too. :)

Peter Capaldi's eyes! :wub:

Tom Baker! :notworthy:

• Like 1

I've never seen and of The Doctor Who and know nothing about it. I'm interested in it. Where should I start?

If you're interested in the New series, the beginning of Series 1, with Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor, would be a good place to start. If you wanted to start more up to date, the 5th series was also designed to be a jumping on point for new viewers, with a new Doctor, new show runner and a bit of a different feel.

Those are the biggest jumping on points for New Doctor Who.

If you were interested in checking out some of the Classic Doctor Who, that's simple. Each story is a self contained adventure, usually in 4 or 6 25min episodes. So you don't really have to worry about what order you watch the stories in, you could just cherry pick some of the best ones. For a beginner to Classic Who, I'd recommend a Tom Baker story, because he's still the quintessential Doctor. City of Death is my personal favourite.

A word of warning though: the pace of Old Who is slower, and the budget and effects aren't always great, but there's lots of fun to be had.

I've never seen and of The Doctor Who and know nothing about it. I'm interested in it. Where should I start?

If you're interested in the New series, the beginning of Series 1, with Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor, would be a good place to start. If you wanted to start more up to date, the 5th series was also designed to be a jumping on point for new viewers, with a new Doctor, new show runner and a bit of a different feel.

Those are the biggest jumping on points for New Doctor Who.

If you were interested in checking out some of the Classic Doctor Who, that's simple. Each story is a self contained adventure, usually in 4 or 6 25min episodes. So you don't really have to worry about what order you watch the stories in, you could just cherry pick some of the best ones. For a beginner to Classic Who, I'd recommend a Tom Baker story, because he's still the quintessential Doctor. City of Death is my personal favourite.

A word of warning though: the pace of Old Who is slower, and the budget and effects aren't always great, but there's lots of fun to be had.

Isn't City Of Death the one about the dude with the green seaweed hair and a single eye? Scaroth? Scarlioni? Dude had me screaming in nightmares for months. Can't bear to watch it, let alone see a pic of him..! :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Your Lion is the Doctor Who expert around here, but as someone who only became a fan of the show last year, I would say start with the 2005 re-boot of the series. That's what got me into it. Christopher Eccleston is The Doctor for the first season of the re-boot, the ninth Doctor overall. This I feel is the easiest way to get into the show as trying to start out with the old episodes would be a very long process that requires you to invest a lot of time into. I've only seen a little bit of the older Who stuff. I just don't seem to have the time or patience myself to make it through the huge catalog of older episodes. Maybe one day that will change. Edited by J2112YYZ

The new episode was excellent!! Great to see David Tennant back!! The chemistry between the three doctors was great. They had humor in all the right places and the story was very well done. I loved the cameo from Tom Baker and I also like the little nod they gave to his version of The Doctor by having the one lady wearing his scarf and The Doctor commenting on how he liked it. Only one episode left with Matt Smith as The Doctor now.

Your Lion is the Doctor Who expert around here, but as someone who only became a fan of the show last year, I would say start with the 2005 re-boot of the series. That's what got me into it. Christopher Eccleston is The Doctor for the first season of the re-boot, the ninth Doctor overall. This I feel is the easiest way to get into the show as trying to start out with the old episodes would be a very long process that requires you to invest a lot of time into. I've only seen a little bit of the older Who stuff. I just don't seem to have the time or patience myself to make it through the huge catalog of older episodes. Maybe one day that will change.

I saw a few of the Jon Pertwee episodes, most of Tom Baker, some of Peter Davison, a few of Colin Baker, all of Sylvester McCoy and the 1996 movie with Paul McGann. I then got into the 2005 reboot with Chris Eccleston, and saw every episode with David Tennant and Matt Smith. And the Christmas specials.

In all honesty, Chris Eccleston is my Doctor. My assistant is Rose.

Your Lion is the Doctor Who expert around here, but as someone who only became a fan of the show last year, I would say start with the 2005 re-boot of the series. That's what got me into it. Christopher Eccleston is The Doctor for the first season of the re-boot, the ninth Doctor overall. This I feel is the easiest way to get into the show as trying to start out with the old episodes would be a very long process that requires you to invest a lot of time into. I've only seen a little bit of the older Who stuff. I just don't seem to have the time or patience myself to make it through the huge catalog of older episodes. Maybe one day that will change.

Yeah, exactly. I certainly wouldn't recommend starting from 1963 and working forwards in order. I find that the Old series episodes are ones that you just watch as-and-when you want, rather then watching them as a series. Watching a load of them in order, one after another, can get a bit exhausting, even for me ;) It's better just to dip in and watch a Patrick Troughton here, and a Peter Davison there, etc.

While the New Series is one that you would watch as a series, in order.

I'd agree with J2112YYZ. It's best to get hooked on the New show.

If you like it, and are feeling adventurous, then all of Time and Space is at your disposal

Isn't City Of Death the one about the dude with the green seaweed hair and a single eye? Scaroth? Scarlioni? Dude had me screaming in nightmares for months. Can't bear to watch it, let alone see a pic of him..! :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Yep, that's the one. Julian Glover as Scaroth, Last of the Jagaroth. Very witty script, written by Douglas "Hitch hikers guide to the Galaxy" Adams

Edited by Your_Lion

Yeah, exactly. I certainly wouldn't recommend starting from 1963 and working forwards in order. I find that the Old series episodes are ones that you just watch as-and-when you want, rather then watching them as a series. Watching a load of them in order, one after another, can get a bit exhausting, even for me ;) It's better just to dip in and watch a Patrick Troughton here, and a Peter Davison there, etc.

While the New Series is one that you would watch as a series, in order.

I'd agree with J2112YYZ. It's best to get hooked on the New show.

If you like it, and are feeling adventurous, then all of Time and Space is at your disposal

Yep, that's the one. Julian Glover as Scaroth, Last of the Jagaroth. Very witty script, written by Douglas "Hitch hikers guide to the Galaxy" Adams

Is there a connection with Brian Glover? He's the one who played the loud-mouthed fella shouting the odds to Richie and Eddie in Bottom.

Is there a connection with Brian Glover? He's the one who played the loud-mouthed fella shouting the odds to Richie and Eddie in Bottom.

No relation to Brian Glover...but interesting enough, it was Julian Glover's son, Jamie, who played actor/companion William Russell in last weeks An Adventure in Space and Time.

Julian Glover must have the most impressive list of villain roles ever! He was a Doctor Who villain, a Bond Villain, an Indiana Jones villain, an Imperial Officer in Star Wars, played a villain a few times in the 60's Avengers series...and can currently be seen in Game of Thrones

No relation to Brian Glover...but interesting enough, it was Julian Glover's son, Jamie, who played actor/companion William Russell in last weeks An Adventure in Space and Time.

Julian Glover must have the most impressive list of villain roles ever! He was a Doctor Who villain, a Bond Villain, an Indiana Jones villain, an Imperial Officer in Star Wars, played a villain a few times in the 60's Avengers series...and can currently be seen in Game of Thrones

My goodness! :D