The Doctor Who thread.

The Owl

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 1 2011, 11:54 AM)
You know what I want to see, one of those Dr. Pepper commercials, the "Trust me, I'm a Doctor" with Doctor Who... I think it would be brilliant...

Anyways... I've gone back to watching more Who after about a 2 month break... Finished "Masque of Mandragora" the other day (decent serial) and have watched the first episode of Hand of Fear... which is I think is SJS's last story as a regular.. sad.gif

Yes, it is. Listening to commentaries with Elizabeth Sladen, you can really hear the extended knowledge of film-making in her. She also reminds me of my wife. wub.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 2 2011, 09:34 PM)
About to Watch "The Talons of Weng-Chiang" supposedly one of the best all-time stories..

music.gif Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do... music.gif

While I am going through the old episodes at the moment, I cannot deny being excited for Season (or Series, to use the U.K verbiage) 6 to start..

I saw a comment on a DW forum, relating to this screenshot..

http://www.kasterborous.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/dw-s6-trailer1-tardis-hp3.jpg

This was from the trailer that is for the whole of series 6, but remember when the 10th doctor regenerated into the 11th doctor, so did his TARDIS and it got a new "Desktop Theme"...

This is not Matt Smith's TARDIS, what is this screenshot doing in a trailer for series 6?

QUOTE (blackhawkrush @ Apr 6 2011, 05:09 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 6 2011, 03:56 PM)
Leela is kind of a badass, she just threatened to cut out a dudes heart.

Definitely not an Amy Whitehouse girl. 1287.gif

And pretty hot too, too bad I'm on her last story.... sad.gif

just started the "Key of Time" season arc, on the first episode now (Ribos Operation)

....set out to gather the 6 segments of the Tri-Forc..... oh, I mean Key of Time.... to save blah, blah, blah.....

Would I be wrong to compare this season with any number of video game RPGs?

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 10 2011, 03:03 PM)
Shit, didn't know this but Nicholas Courtney died about a month ago...

R.I.P Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

yes.gif rose.gif I was never too crazy about the "Earth stories" but he was definitely one of the bright spots in them...

Watched the first 2 episodes of "The Armageddon Factor" pretty good serial so far...

to be honest I really didn't care for the previous story "The Power of Kroll" too much, but everything else in the "Key to Time" season story arc has been pretty good....

---------------

And I cannot wait for the new season to start up, just a few more days....

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 16 2011, 01:25 AM)
Watched the first 2 episodes of "The Armageddon Factor" pretty good serial so far...

to be honest I really didn't care for the previous story "The Power of Kroll" too much, but everything else in the "Key to Time" season story arc has been pretty good....

---------------

And I cannot wait for the new season to start up, just a few more days....

Yes, Kroll is pretty straightforward. "Kill the giant monster and we're done." You may find the ending to "Key to Time" a bit anti-climactic... unsure.gif

Onto Season 17.. "Destiny of the Daleks"... huh, for Being the longest running Doctor, I'm surprised that there are only 2 Dalek stories in Tom Baker's run... and actually the Daleks don't really count as an enemy in "Genesis of the Daleks" as it was mostly their Origin story, and Davros was the main villain.

So in reality "Destiny" is in a way the only time in Tom Baker's whole run where the Daleks are the enemy...

I really hope that season 6 can maintain the level of quality of season 5. I'm, looking forward to learning more about Rive Song. She's a very interesting and mysterious character (and she's a MILF too!) Any speculation as to who or what she is? In season 5 she said that she killed a man. "The best man I have ever known." It's obvious that they want us to think that she kills the Doctor. Maybe it was her in the space suit who killed him in episode 6.1.

River Song's a munter.

New series is Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz so far.

Thank God Pond is tasty.

Why the Heck did they go to the States to film it?* A Clay pit in Surrey would have been just as good.

* Yes, I know it's to try and rake in more dosh.