Paramore?

Lost In Xanadu

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Aug 10 2010, 01:15 PM)
QUOTE (lindseyyz @ Aug 10 2010, 01:03 PM)
Really? Paramore?  062802puke_prv.gif

Yeah, that's how I felt at first too. I guess I'm not putting up much of a fight anymore. smile.gif

Sacrifice for those we love, right? I guess that's why it's going to be essential that my boyfriend/husband has stellar music taste. 653.gif

I have Riot from Paramore, and really enjoy it. They are one of the few new bands that I like. If you don't want to go and see them, can I have your ticket? biggrin.gif
  • Like 1

I'm a pretty big fan of theirs. I've got both Riot! and their new (and, IMO, better album) brand new eyes, and like both of them. I don't have their debut yet. I had tickets to see them a few weeks ago in Raleigh, but I had to sell them on StubHub. sad.gif
  • Like 1

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Aug 10 2010, 02:28 PM)
hahah, this is a funny thread.

hayley williams isn't even that hot.

Have you listened to brand new eyes yet, colinfledge? Asides from having better songs, it has a more punchy (I guess that would be the word) sound, which I attribute to Rob Cavallo's production. To me, Riot! sounds big, but doesn't have that punchiness that BNE has.

Also, 90% of /b/ disagrees with your last statement. tongue.gif I admit to finding her cute, but hot just doesn't seem to suit her.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Aug 10 2010, 03:28 PM)
hahah, this is a funny thread.

Have you listened to brand new eyes yet, colinfledge? Asides from having better songs, it has a more punchy (I guess that would be the word) sound, which I attribute to Rob Cavallo's production. To me, Riot! sounds big, but doesn't have that punchiness that BNE has.

Also, 90% of /b/ disagrees with your last statement. tongue.gif I admit to finding her cute, but hot just doesn't seem to suit her.

I like what i have heard and I don't see a problem with her. I read an article where she dissed older fans cuz she can't imagine they like her music - she thinks they just want to bang her. She'll live and learn....

• Like 1

I have to admit I do like that song Decode from Paramore. The lyrics are pretty good.

How can I decide what's right?

When you're clouding up my mind

Can't win your losing fight all the time

Not gonna ever own what's mine

When you're always taking sides

You wont take away my pride

No not this time

Not this time

How did we get here?

I used to know you so well

How did we get here?

Well, I think I know

The truth is hiding in your eyes

And its hanging on your tongue

Just boiling in my blood,

But you think that I can't see

What kind of man that you are

If you're a man at all

Well, I will figure this one out on my own

(I'm screaming "I love you so..." But my thoughts you can't decode)

How did we get here?

How did we get here?

Well, I think I know

Do you see what we've done?

We're gonna make such fools of ourselves

Do you see what we've done?

We're gonna make such fools of ourselves

How did we get here?

How did we get here?

Well, I use to know you so well

I think I know

I think I know

There is something that I see in you

It might kill me I want it to be true

Edited by Ya_Big_Tree
  • Like 1

Watched the video for "The Only Exception" last night for the first time, and I loved it.
  • Like 1

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Aug 11 2010, 09:34 PM)

banned

laugh.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Aug 11 2010, 09:39 PM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Aug 11 2010, 09:34 PM)

banned

laugh.gif yes.gif

http://blog.ymijeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/hayley-williams.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_t6XXVrt631U/SSmEcZdqOUI/AAAAAAAAFqc/TeQ7pPjvI5k/s400/hayley+williams.jpg

http://www.rocksins.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Hayley-Williams.jpg

Seriously, get 73 or some other admin in here NOW. Also, this topic is no longer about Paramore's mostly mediocre but sometimes ok music and is now about how great looking Hayley Williams is.

But really, on topic, I think Williams has a ridiculously cool voice. She just needs a more inventive backing band. But she seems to be perfectly happy with the band she's got, so more power to her, I guess...

• Like 1

They sound so much better on brand new eyes than on Riot! and it will definitely be interesting to see how the band itself grows over the next few years.

Also, this:

http://blog.ymijeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/hayley-williams.jpg

is amazing. wub.gif Thanks so much for posting it. laugh.gif

• Like 1

I have the 1st album, the last album and the live album.

They're one of my favorite groups, but they never tour here. sad.gif

They have replaced Garbage as my favorite group led by a redhead.

• Like 1

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Aug 10 2010, 11:01 PM)
I have to admit I do like that song Decode from Paramore. The lyrics are pretty good.

I listen to that song constantly. It's my favorite Paramore tune.

I never get tired of it.

Someone else mentioned Metric. I never really got into their music.

Not my cup 'o' tea.

Back from the concert, it was ok... They had 3 opening bands. Didn't care too much for any of them, but New Found Glory sucked major ass. The wad vocals sounded like he trying to sound like a 10 year old girl or something. First time I'd ever heard them, and hopefully my last

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Aug 15 2010, 10:43 AM)
Back from the concert, it was ok... They had 3 opening bands. Didn't care too much for any of them, but New Found Glory sucked major ass. The wad vocals sounded like he trying to sound like a 10 year old girl or something. First time I'd ever heard them, and hopefully my last

I love Paramore, but I wish they'd do a headline tour with just one opening band. Last year, they had two opening bands IIRC, and this year they're on the Honda Civic Tour, which (I'm guessing) is like a really, really small version of the Warped Tour. Maybe in a year or so, they'll be popular enough where they can do a decent-sized arena tour on their own; and this time, I want to be able to go! yes.gif

NFG still exists? lol

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Aug 15 2010, 12:29 PM)

NFG still exists? lol

Yeah, they put out a record last year entitled Not Without a Fight. I downloaded it and was going to listen to it, but I never got around to listening to it, and once I found out I wasn't going to see Paramore I didn't really care anymore. I'll listen to it eventually.