Star Trek

progrush2112

QUOTE (hobo73 @ Jul 5 2011, 12:34 PM)
I EFFIN' LOVE STAR TREK. Kirk was sexy hehe. 2 years ago i asked for nothing but Star Trek videos for xmas lol

Every year my folks get me a Borders gift card so I can go and stock up on the latest Star Trek novels.

And my friends always find Star Trek cards for my birthday. It's pretty amusing.

But your statement begs the question:

Who was sexier? Chris Pine 2 years ago or the Shat about 42 years ago? ;D

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 5 2011, 07:59 AM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jul 5 2011, 12:43 AM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jul 3 2011, 05:20 PM)
If more actors from previous Trek movies come in, then the new series won't stand on it's own. I know Brent Spiner wants to be in it. I think he's a great actor and played his Trek roles fantastically, but he needs to stay out.

I agree. No more cameos from any of the "elder" actors or characters. The new cast must be allowed to flourish on its own.

The only way I could see Brent Spiner making an appearance would be as the grandfather or father of Noonian Soong, the scientist who created Data. In the series, Enterprise, Arik Soong (great-grandfather of Noonian Soong) was a scientist who tried to recommence the eugenics program of the 1990's, which, of course, had created Khan Noonien Singh and his fellow "supermen".

I suppose it's possible, but I can't see Abrams giving much screen time to Spiner. A cameo perhaps, but not a major role....

Yeah, that'd be the most reasonable way to put Spiner in there. It'd still seem a bit forced though imho. I'm fine with him never returning to a ST film in any capacity.

And I agree with having the series' actors stay out of it. Nimoy is enough.

When it comes down to it I think the original series characters are the best bet money-wise. Fans of ANY of the series will definitely watch a film on the original characters. However, I'm not sure that fans of the original series will "definitely" watch a movie showcasing the Next Generation characters. Plus, I'd guess that the very casual ST fans are generally more familiar with Kirk & the gang than they are with Picard's crew.

By the official timeline, I believe the Soong that appeared in Enterprise was Noonien Soong's grandfather (Noonien was 90+ in TNG, which took place about 70 years after TNG which was about 100 years after ENT). To have one generation of Soong on a vessel named Enterprise would be preposterous. People complained that there were too many coincidences in the new movie, what if we see another soong on an Enterprise.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jul 7 2011, 04:00 PM)
By the official timeline, I believe the Soong that appeared in Enterprise was Noonien Soong's grandfather (Noonien was 90+ in TNG, which took place about 70 years after TNG which was about 100 years after ENT). To have one generation of Soong on a vessel named Enterprise would be preposterous. People complained that there were too many coincidences in the new movie, what if we see another soong on an Enterprise.

I love timeline riddles.....NOT. laugh.gif

Arik Soong has been said to be the great-grandfather of Noonien, but that doesn't seem right. confused13.gif

Even if we give a generous number of years per generation, it doesn't work out very well.....

The Enterprise era was the 2150's, and Arik Soong was fairly middle-aged in those episodes. Therefore, he must have been born around 2100.

Wouldn't that make him the great-great-grandfather of Noonien, who died around 2370?

~2100 - Great-great-grandfather Arik Soong is born

~2150 - Great-grandfather Soong is born

~2200 - Grandfather Soong is born

~2240 - Father Soong is born

~2280 - Noonien Soong is born

~2370 - Noonien Soong dies from attack by Lor

Not that this all really matters.....I don't think the producers of Star Trek are losing any sleep..... laugh.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Jul 8 2011, 12:53 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jul 7 2011, 04:00 PM)

I love timeline riddles.....NOT. laugh.gif

Arik Soong has been said to be the great-grandfather of Noonien, but that doesn't seem right. confused13.gif

Even if we give a generous number of years per generation, it doesn't work out very well.....

The Enterprise era was the 2150's, and Arik Soong was fairly middle-aged in those episodes. Therefore, he must have been born around 2100.

Wouldn't that make him the great-great-grandfather of Noonien, who died around 2370?

~2100 - Great-great-grandfather Arik Soong is born

~2150 - Great-grandfather Soong is born

~2200 - Grandfather Soong is born

~2240 - Father Soong is born

~2280 - Noonien Soong is born

~2370 - Noonien Soong dies from attack by Lor

Not that this all really matters.....I don't think the producers of Star Trek are losing any sleep..... laugh.gif

Even a fan like me (though not hardcore diehard) wouldn't know this sort of stuff. They shouldn't worry about linking every microscopic detail.

Rush reference in Star Trek: Enterprise:

In the episode "Cease Fire", the Vulcan high command border incursions on the planet which the episode centers around took place in 2112 (Archer even pronounces it twenty one twelve). Sounds like it was when the Vulcans came in and assumed control over the planet from the Andorians.

Edited by USB Connector

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jul 20 2011, 09:37 AM)

In the episode "Cease Fire", the Vulcan high command border incursions on the planet which the episode centers around took place in 2112 (Archer even pronounces it twenty one twelve). Sounds like it was when the Vulcans came in and assumed control over the planet from the Andorians.

This is just now getting mentioned?

I never bothered because I figured people on this thread knew. tongue.gif I figured it was on the first page, lol.

That was a pretty good episode for second season, though.

But frankly I think whenever you get Shran or Soval in the room it's gotta be pretty amazing.

But both of them? Together?

AWESOMENESS EXPLOSION.

I go back and watch Kir'Shara (4x09) because I have a horrible fascination with the torture of Ambassador Soval. It's such a fantastic scene though.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jul 20 2011, 12:20 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jul 20 2011, 09:37 AM)

This is just now getting mentioned?

I never bothered because I figured people on this thread knew. tongue.gif I figured it was on the first page, lol.

I only caught it today lol.

Star Trek was a great show..

Next generation was really good too. yes.gif

QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Aug 20 2011, 03:05 PM)
I like Star Trek, but mostly because it's usually pretty hilarious. I can't take it seriously too often.

I read a Star Trek book once though and it was actually really good.

Yeah, I agree..The original is seriously showing it's age...BIG TIME!

but its still a good show.It was an innovation for sure.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Aug 20 2011, 10:29 PM)
I just started watching Enterprise again, and my God, Scott Bakula's acting is just terrible. Totally uninspired, like he's reading from a cue card or prompter. He's like Shatner without the 'swagger' or attitude. Just awful.

Not exactly putting right what once went wrong wink.gif

Poor guy's probably just tired from four seasons without Leaping.

Captain Kirk taught me how to fight,,,,,

Im still a TNG Fan, i think it snould have gone on a few more seasons,, of the 4 movies,, First Contact was the only good one

QUOTE (tkdryan @ Aug 20 2011, 08:11 PM)

Im still a TNG Fan, i think it snould have gone on a few more seasons,, of the 4 movies,, First Contact was the only good one

Unfortunately I must agree with this. :C

I thought TNG was a disappointment movie-wise. I really think with some minor changes even Nemesis could've been good.

QUOTE (tkdryan @ Aug 21 2011, 10:11 AM)

You must spend a shitload on shirts.

http://www.multileggedcreature.info/Trekker/images/tn_amok_kirk_slashed.jpghttp://www.multileggedcreature.info/Trekker/images/tn_gamesters_whipmarks.jpghttp://www.multileggedcreature.info/Trekker/images/tn_amok_fight_kirk_panting_n_bleeding.jpg

QUOTE (tkdryan @ Aug 20 2011, 09:11 PM)

you must have taken some beatings then. I'm pretty sure the "double-fisted blows" to the upper back followed by "swinging on a pole and hitting someone with both feet" moves aren;t that effective.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Aug 24 2011, 07:54 AM)
QUOTE (tkdryan @ Aug 20 2011, 09:11 PM)

Im still a TNG Fan,  i think it snould have gone on a few more seasons,, of the 4 movies,, First Contact was the only good one

you must have taken some beatings then. I'm pretty sure the "double-fisted blows" to the upper back followed by "swinging on a pole and hitting someone with both feet" moves aren;t that effective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxYZeYEJitk

laugh.gif