You know you have a problem when...

Lost In Xanadu

You try to work RUSH lyrics and references into your everyday conversations with strangers to see if they "are in".

Your ring tone is the intro to xanadu

you have to switch windows every time your wife walks into the room so she won't see you're on TRF "AGAIN!"

you give a free CD to all your son's friends when they come to the house, especially the ones who are musicians.

you never go to the Music of the Spheres thread on TRF because lately, you just haven't been listening to anything BUT RUSH.

QUOTE (briremo @ Jul 23 2010, 03:13 PM)

You try to work RUSH lyrics and references into your everyday conversations with strangers to see if they "are in".

you have to switch windows every time your wife walks into the room so she won't see you're on TRF "AGAIN!"

you give a free CD to all your son's friends when they come to the house, especially the ones who are musicians.

you never go to the Music of the Spheres thread on TRF because lately, you just haven't been listening to anything BUT RUSH.

LOL!

All of my ringtones are Rush, except 2... my wife's is Brown Eyed Girl, and when someone at home calls my cell, it plays the theme from Cheers "Where everybody knows your name" smile.gif

Ringtones for other friends:

Far Cry into

Camera Eye Riff

Spirit or the Radio Intro

Xanadu Intro

2112 Intro (the part with the "Heys")

Natural Science Riff

Sure I'm forgetting a few...

Your friend asks for a few Rush songs and you give them a 2 disc collection of your favorite songs

You are listening to Rush in the car and you yell to a friend outside "RUSH RULES"

Your friend texts you and asks what you are doing and you say "the usual" and they say "listening to Rush and playing a game"

All three are what I have done.

I'm a teacher, and I'll slip in a Rush reference every so often with my fifth-graders. No one's caught it yet, but I'm sure one day someone will! Instant extra credit!

I use TMMB as my ringtone. I made one of the guitar intro. It's subtle, but it still rocks.

you know you have a problem when you the only thing that has been played for 4 months is 2.gif and the dog begs you not too.. http://www.clearwood-yelm.com/images/sad%20dog.gif

I use lyrics all the time from Rush and Tull.

QUOTE (Sign Of Eth @ Jul 23 2010, 04:44 PM)
I'm a teacher, and I'll slip in a Rush reference every so often with my fifth-graders. No one's caught it yet, but I'm sure one day someone will! Instant extra credit!

I use TMMB as my ringtone. I made one of the guitar intro. It's subtle, but it still rocks.

I teach college freshmen. Not only do they get extra credit for references, they enjoy casual Rush t-shirt Friday! cool.gif

QUOTE (Skyla2112 @ Jul 23 2010, 08:42 PM)
[/quote]
I teach college freshmen. Not only do they get extra credit for references, they enjoy casual Rush t-shirt Friday! cool.gif

I have to correct myself. /I/ enjoy casual Rush t-shirt Friday - my students just learn to expect it!

My college students expect plenty of Rush and Iron Maiden references - they always ask about my concert adventures. Most of them have no clue, but they love the fact that I am not "stuffy."

2.gif

... you photoshop pictures like the ones in my sig because you cant like anything else unless Rush is a part of it as well. HAHA! Perfect thread!

Check below!

QUOTE (proudlyrushian @ Jul 23 2010, 03:38 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 23 2010, 02:35 PM)
Don't hang out with fellow Rush fans unless you trust them not to steal your ATM card, cause you KNOW they'll be able to use them.  unsure.gif

laugh.gif yes.gif

Hell yeah! HAHA!

QUOTE (briremo @ Jul 23 2010, 08:13 PM)

Love this bit, it's exactly what i do too biggrin.gif, always dropping rush lyrics and references into everyday conversations on any topics applicable with people to see if they pick up on any of it, unfortunately most of the time they don't.

2.gif

QUOTE (nealpert @ Jul 24 2010, 05:53 AM)
You have a fire hydrant in your yard just for decoration.

OMG ... Never though of that one.. rofl3.gif I have one from 1889. ohmy.gif http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51i6xV2ZZOL.jpg

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 23 2010, 09:39 PM)
you know you have a problem when you have at least 10 friends who regularly post Rush lyrics as their facebook status.

laugh.gif It's funny cos it's true ph34r.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 23 2010, 02:35 PM)
Don't hang out with fellow Rush fans unless you trust them not to steal your ATM card, cause you KNOW they'll be able to use them. unsure.gif

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif 2funny.gif

I had never thought of that....Imagine the ATM at a Rush show.........

"user Log.....300 users, 300 card numbers, one password-2112"

z7shysterical.gif doh.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (briremo @ Jul 23 2010, 03:13 PM)

Such nonsense....my ring tone is the beginning of Tom Sawyer......(cuts through the noise in any room where Xanadu gets lost)

.. you're french and ask people if they like Rush (I am B, anyone else can be B if he's french):

"A- Rush?

B- Yeah, Rush, the canadian guys

A- Rush hour you mean? YEah that's such a funny movie!

B-No, RUSH!!! The rock band!

A- (silence)

B- Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuush!!! Tom Sayer, XYZ, you know... the amazing guy playing drums etc...

A- Leave me alone or I call the police, you lunatic maniac !

B- I want to leave this place!!!

"

Then you really understand how difficult is you problem!!!

Archived