Who Else Suffers From P.C.D.?

Tick

Yes, I am speaking of the commonly known affliction that is, Post Concert Depression!

I mean think about it.

It starts out with you finding out Rush is touring.

Then the tour dates are announced!

Then you buy your tickets, and start the 3 month or so wait until its time for your show.

The excitement build inside you as the days pass.

Then you hit single digits and and its a fever pitch!

Then one day you wake up realizing tonight is the night!!! Rush live!!! The pre show meet up with all your friends! Your heart can barely contain the excitement level!

You arrive at the venue and you see friends and the laughs and the drinks flow and all is well in the world!!!

Then its time to get to your seat. The lights go down! Rush takes the stage!!! 3 hours of bliss begins!!!

Then as the show ends and you exit the venue, and your excited, talking about the highlights, as you still ride that high.

The next morning comes and you wake to the memories of the memorable evening you just experienced. It is a slightly sad but satisfying feeling.

Then the second day comes and the reality is, its now behind you, and your working, planning grocery lists, doing your laundry and its now in the past. It is at this moment, that bit of sadness enters in, as you begin to experience, Post Concert Depression. sad.gif

I had a legendary time at Mohegan Sun on Monday night, and I will now adjust, as the reality of everyday life brings me back to earth. atickhum.gif

Until the next time! trink39.gif to all!!!

I sometimes do, but since I don't have a digital camera and I shoot film, I have to wait for the photos (slides this time around) to come back from processing. Makes the P.C.D. take longer to occour.

Then I can enjoy viewing those photos for years to come and it makes it easier to wait until the next tour.

Yep...I always do.

Seems like a year of build-up, and then like that, it's done.

Especially when you only get to one show, which I am pretty sure this past Saturday's was my only one for this tour.

Oh well...I will try to look at the potentially bright future still to come, with a new album, and a likely new tour next year! Also, going to RushCon this year gave me something new to look forward to as well, as I certainly plan to attend next year! 1022.gif

My concert isn't until September so I'm still in that buildup stage. I know exactly what you mean though, PCD sucks! I find that it kicks in more for me when the tour itself is over completely. Even though I'm only going to one show, the fact that more shows are going on means more discussions and clips of the concerts on youtube. Once the tour is over, no more new clips. It's back to waiting to see what is going to happen next. Edited by VarianStar

Yeah, I got it bad. I went to opening night. To make matters worse, I was also going to catch the Houston show. Opening night and one near the end. My first time to catch two shows in one tour. But now I have to work that night, and can't make the show. Damn. PCD sucks.

Thats why there is ALLENTOWN Fairgrounds and PNC, and a wife that will KILL me....but I know what you mean! After 3 sold out nights of Pearl Jam...I could have used more....I am sure 2.gif will leave me feeling the same way!!!!

QUOTE (crazygeo @ Jul 21 2010, 11:18 AM)
Thats why there is ALLENTOWN Fairgrounds and PNC, and a wife that will KILL me....but I know what you mean! After 3 sold out nights of Pearl Jam...I could have used more....I am sure 2.gif will leave me feeling the same way!!!!

Allentown is cheaper than the rest. And didnt seem to sell the tix as fast. Going...

PNC always packed. Going...

Awesome that Camden is pretty early in the tour and PNC and Allentown are late. Its like a double dose! Really helps with the PCD.

And after its done, we get a new Cd to look foward to. Then next years tour.

Should really help with the PCD for all. And those who only got one show this year, start saving for next year now. Keep the PCD away as long as possible.

Good post. Happens every time. There is only one cure and we all know what that is, and it's expensive!

I have also found that a few days of DS disc 3 helps. It is simply the greatest accidental live album in the history of modern music. (is that a touch overstated?)

P.C.D. usually hits me immediately after the last note is struck and lasts for about 24-48 hours, then it subsides. scared.gif sad.gif huh.gif cool.gif

It's just as bad for people who have to wait until September to see them and are trying to stay away from spoliers!!! bekloppt.gif

after sarnia july 9th, i promptly bought tix for pittsburgh, which was the next show i could make it to realistically.

it was that good and i was that depressed that the sarnia show was over.

when the opening video started, i was like oh no! the show will be over in a few hours!!! fists crying.gif

I get a 3-hour drive to and from Atlanta so I'll be home sometime around 2 or 3 AM. Then I have to get up at 6 AM for school, so I'm sort of contemplating what I'll do. I mean, I could just stay up all night and do homework (assuming I have it), because I probably won't do it on the way to/from the show... then again I'm at risk for falling asleep in school. Then again, it's Rush so it's worth it.

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 21 2010, 04:26 PM)
after sarnia july 9th, i promptly bought tix for pittsburgh, which was the next show i could make it to realistically.

when the opening video started, i was like oh no! the show will be over in a few hours!!! fists crying.gif

Never get bummed while Rush is on stage! There is plenty of time for that afterwards. atickhum.gif

I do I do bekloppt.gif

I had P.C.D. so bad after ABQ show that on day 4 after I had to buy tickets to the Red Rocks show yes.gif biggrin.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif 2.gif 1287.gif

It is good I got them too, or come Sept I may jump off the cliff, now I can get to winter http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Winter/th_SmileySkiLift.gif then it is all OK and I know I'll make it to 2011....

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Jul 21 2010, 01:35 PM)
Ah yes, the dreaded PCD. But this time you can rest knowing that they will be back next summer with more new music and a new set list! common001.gif

This is, I think, going to be a mitigating factor this time around. Overcoming next year's PCD will probably require prescription medication.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 21 2010, 03:59 PM)
Ah yes, the dreaded PCD. But this time you can rest knowing that they will be back next summer with more new music and a new set list! common001.gif

This is, I think, going to be a mitigating factor this time around. Overcoming next year's PCD will probably require prescription medication.

Ya.. at least this year we know we got a new album on the way and prolly a summer tour next year. Next year's tour tho... we'll be in the dark again wondering if this is it.

Aww crap. I just bummed myself out.

doh.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jul 21 2010, 08:53 AM)
Yes, I am speaking of the commonly known affliction that is, Post Concert Depression!
I mean think about it.
It starts out with you finding out Rush is touring.
Then the tour dates are announced!
Then you buy your tickets, and start the 3 month or so wait until its time for your show.
The excitement build inside you as the days pass.
Then you hit single digits and and its a fever pitch!
Then one day you wake up realizing tonight is the night!!! Rush live!!! The pre show meet up with all your friends! Your heart can barely contain the excitement level!
You arrive at the venue and you see friends and the laughs and the drinks flow and all is well in the world!!!
Then its time to get to your seat. The lights go down! Rush takes the stage!!! 3 hours of bliss begins!!!
Then as the show ends and you exit the venue, and your excited, talking about the highlights, as you still ride that high.
The next morning comes and you wake to the memories of the memorable evening you just experienced. It is a slightly sad but satisfying feeling.

Then the second day comes and the reality is, its now behind you, and your working, planning grocery lists, doing your laundry and its now in the past. It is at this moment, that bit of sadness enters in, as you begin to experience, Post Concert Depression. sad.gif

I had a legendary time at Mohegan Sun on Monday night, and I will now adjust, as the reality of everyday life brings me back to earth. atickhum.gif

Until the next time! trink39.gif to all!!!

Yeah Tick, I do suffer from it once my "Rush Run" is over.

I didn't get depressed after the New Mexico show because I knew that I still had four Rush shows to go.

I suppose after my double shot at Red Rocks I will need some serious meds.

RUSH ON! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jul 21 2010, 04:14 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 21 2010, 03:59 PM)

Ya.. at least this year we know we got a new album on the way and prolly a summer tour next year. Next year's tour tho... we'll be in the dark again wondering if this is it.

Aww crap. I just bummed myself out.

doh.gif

no.gif no.gif Don't worry after next year, down deep I truly believe they will be back, they are Pro's, this is their life, guys like this don't just walk out on life.. 1287.gif

2.gif 1287.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jul 21 2010, 05:13 PM)
QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jul 21 2010, 04:26 PM)

when the opening video started, i was like oh no!  the show will be over in a few hours!!! fists crying.gif

Never get bummed while Rush is on stage! There is plenty of time for that afterwards. atickhum.gif

I confess I do start to get a bit down during the encore. "Awww, man, it's almost over." sad.gif

Well I'm suffering from Pre-Concert Disorder! My show is in West Palm Beach and I'm telling you it can't come soon enough! It's like waiting for the ruuners of a Marathon over here!

Hey at least I still have hope that Jacobs Ladder might show up!

rofl3.gif

bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Jul 21 2010, 11:23 PM)
At least you and others here get to go!! biggrin.gif So just be grateful for that. tongue.gif 2.gif trink39.gif

I am! trink39.gif