COUNTDOWN to show.....

crazygeo

Just wondering who is going to tonight's show in Camden, N.J

The weather is predicting heavy thunderstorms between 1-7 today, hopefully they are earlier and pass by quick!

Are you tailgating? Get fueled on H2o too....

What is the best lot to park in if you get there by 4:30? I am hoping to park by the gates, near will-call....

Does 2.gif do a tune up song before the show?

Looking forward to a great show...no matter what songs they are playing (amazing some of the people who have issues with set lists)

QUOTE (crazygeo @ Jul 21 2010, 09:14 AM)
Going to BOTH..
But CAMDEN is a nightmare (in, at there or leaving)

8th row is why......

Plus it is 2.gif

I guess its worth it for 8th row, just keep your doors locked when making your way to the show.

Going to BOTH..

8th row is why......

Plus it is 2.gif

Right behind ya in row 9. Fortunately we hired a town car for the evening.That way someone else has to deal with the traffic.I'll be in the back seat drinking wine. trink38.gif

I've never been to the Sesquahanna Bank Center. Is there any kind of air conditioning near the stage/pit area or am going to sweating my **** off?

It will be HOT at least all the Pearl Jam shows I have seen at there over the years were HOT...

Drink water too and load up on some Advil..

I wonder if 2.gif has some big fans for them....

Oh well..Global Warming?

QUOTE (crazygeo @ Jul 21 2010, 08:53 AM)
Just wondering who is going to tonight's show in Camden, N.J

The weather is predicting heavy thunderstorms between 1-7 today, hopefully they are earlier and pass by quick!

Are you tailgating? Get fueled on H2o too....

What is the best lot to park in if you get there by 4:30? I am hoping to park by the gates, near will-call....

Does 2.gif do a tune up song before the show?

Looking forward to a great show...no matter what songs they are playing (amazing some of the people who have issues with set lists)

9 hrs left!

T-storm forecast has 40% chance until 7 pm, then 30% after.

There is a lot by the venue, but it fills up quick. There are a lot of smaller lots around the area where most people have to park. If you get there that early though you might actually get a good spot. Distance of other lots to venue makes tailgating harder than at most places since everyone is so spread out.

Chek the times, most lots don't open until 2 hrs before the show.

Never heard RUSH do a warm up. Usually the techs will play a few notes and thats it.

QUOTE (oldphilly @ Jul 21 2010, 09:23 AM)
Going to BOTH..

8th row is why......

Plus it is  2.gif

Right behind ya in row 9. Fortunately we hired a town car for the evening.That way someone else has to deal with the traffic.I'll be in the back seat drinking wine. trink38.gif

I've never been to the Sesquahanna Bank Center. Is there any kind of air conditioning near the stage/pit area or am going to sweating my **** off?

Drip...drip...

Never noticed any air. Usually hot, but never been there on a day this hot. Prepare to sweat. 90 something degrees, high humidity, thousands of people...great times!

If the wind blows just right you can smell the beautiful smell of garbage form either Philly or Camden, especially in the Lawn. Much better in the seats though.

But its RUSH, so who cares.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 21 2010, 10:16 AM)
Going to BOTH..

8th row is why......

Plus it is  2.gif

I guess its worth it for 8th row, just keep your doors locked when making your way to the show.

Really eh? What is the deal with Camden? Lots of crime?? (I'm from Canada).

Camden usually gets ranked as one of the worst/most dangerous cities in NJ and the US.

Last I heard they get these ranking by crime statistics. Last year Camden had 2,333 violent crimes per 100,000 people. The US national average is 455 violent crimes per 100,000 people. sad.gif

Camden usually gets ranked as one of the worst/most dangerous cities in NJ and the US.

Last I heard they get these ranking by crime statistics. Last year Camden had 2,333 violent crimes per 100,000 people. The US national average is 455 violent crimes per 100,000 people. sad.gif

After saying all of that, I have been to numerous shows in Camden and have never felt unsafe down around the arena and the aquarium.

Edited by byoungjr

I have wound up "in the jungle" trying to get onto the Ben Franklin Bridge out of the venue too. Tonight I am bringing the TOM TOM directional finder + back-up. I took the ferry a couple of times from Philly side, but that can be a nightmare too! As said, the signs out don't make it easy at all

At this point I don't care as I have off tomorrow and plan to sit in traffic, if nessecary..

2.gif RULES

TO GET OUT:

MLK Blvd > HADDON ST > becomes 7TH ST > LINDEN 676 entrance at least thats how I remember it, right?

QUOTE (crazygeo @ Jul 21 2010, 11:52 AM)
hey everyone going tonight

cool10.gif trink39.gif

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

and not too much to do this

062802puke_prv.gif

HAVE A GREAT TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers!

QUOTE (crazygeo @ Jul 21 2010, 11:14 AM)
I have wound up "in the jungle" trying to get onto the Ben Franklin Bridge out of the venue too. Tonight I am bringing the TOM TOM directional finder + back-up. I took the ferry a couple of times from Philly side, but that can be a nightmare too! As said, the signs out don't make it easy at all

At this point I don't care as I have off tomorrow and plan to sit in traffic, if  nessecary..

2.gif  RULES

TO GET OUT:

MLK Blvd > HADDON ST > becomes 7TH ST > LINDEN 676 entrance
at least thats how I remember it, right?

Yup, that's it, but don't make a wrong turn. I was there last month w/DMB & missed a turn on the way out. Went to the next block & turned and rolled up on 3 guys jackin' a car - alarm going off, lights flashing, and they could have cared less. They were working on disabling it. I have a license to carry so, I wasn't too worried, but the guy I was with was shakin' in his boots.

So, if you're driving to the show, just be careful because even one block off of your intended route will put you in a really bad/dangerous area.

Saratoga Performing Arts Center (SPAC) on Friday!!!! I am getting stoked!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (NaturalScientist75 @ Jul 21 2010, 12:00 PM)
QUOTE (crazygeo @ Jul 21 2010, 11:52 AM)
hey everyone going tonight

cool10.gif  trink39.gif

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

and not too much to do this

062802puke_prv.gif

HAVE A GREAT TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers!

Cheers! See you there...Call you when I get there..G

QUOTE (LedZep @ Jul 21 2010, 01:03 PM)
Going. 102, row 2 - second row behind the pit. But you guys have all got me and my wife paranoid about Camden! Never been to this venue before.

Just stay on the main roads and follow the traffic and you will be fine. Keep in mind that many of us will be going so just follow the crowd. Camden the town is bad. But the venue is not really in town. Its on the river across from phillie and there are always a lot of police there. Just don't use a shortcut.

yes, no short cuts or you'll hear Axl saying...

" You know where you are? Your in the jungle baby, and you're gonna die"

Just follow the crowds.......I was lost in the jungle, once, drunk and some how I made it out!

QUOTE (NaturalScientist75 @ Jul 21 2010, 01:38 PM)
QUOTE (LedZep @ Jul 21 2010, 01:03 PM)
Going. 102, row 2 - second row behind the pit. But you guys have all got me and my wife paranoid about Camden! Never been to this venue before.

Just stay on the main roads and follow the traffic and you will be fine. Keep in mind that many of us will be going so just follow the crowd. Camden the town is bad. But the venue is not really in town. Its on the river across from phillie and there are always a lot of police there. Just don't use a shortcut.

Thanks! That's the plan - let Garmin take me over the Ben Franklin and down to the venue. I hope it's a pretty straight run. But you guy's have my back right? Right? I would do it for you. wink.gif

Then all I have to worry about is finding a defensive parking spot to avoid door dings and such.

Remember when we went to concerts (not "shows") and didn't worry for a minute about all this stuff. Getting old sucks.