Alex's rants

Test4Eggo

I'll bet there's been a bunch rants backstage at the friggin engineer or guitar tech who keeps wrecking Alex's mojo. Better get this shit fixed and fast! 1287.gif

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've only seen them twice this tour with the re-scheduled Chicago show coming up on August 23, but of the two I've seen (Milwaukee and Chicago #1) and from vids. I've seen, it looks like Alex is all business this time out. He dosen't seem to be even making as many silly faces and goofing around as much as on other tours.

Has anyone else noticed this 'business' side of Alex this tour?

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Jul 21 2010, 11:32 AM)
Correct me if I'm wrong but I've only seen them twice this tour with the re-scheduled Chicago show coming up on August 23, but of the two I've seen (Milwaukee and Chicago #1) and from vids. I've seen, it looks like Alex is all business this time out. He dosen't seem to be even making as many silly faces and goofing around as much as on other tours.

QUOTE (VarianStar @ Jul 21 2010, 10:46 AM)

OK. That's about as animated as I've seen him so far. Thanks, That was cool to see.

Just seems to be doing less goofing. At least the two shows I've seen.

On the S&A tour in Chicago (Tinley Park) Alex was just cracking me up big time. He was making the silliest, goofiest faces during one solo and I was just laughing my ass off and wondering, at the same time how does he play the solo like that?

Big Al. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Jul 21 2010, 11:09 AM)

OK. That's about as animated as I've seen him so far. Thanks, That was cool to see.

On the S&A tour in Chicago (Tinley Park) Alex was just cracking me up big time. He was making the silliest, goofiest faces during one solo and I was just laughing my ass off and wondering, at the same time how does he play the solo like that?

Big Al. tongue.gif

For the 4 S&A shows I saw he was all business as well. Kinda bummed me out.

Last night in Camden...Alex was having a grand old time. He was very animated. I thought the heat/humidity might sap away his energy and the bands, but that just wasn't the case.

Hopefully someone will post some Youtube videos showing his antics.

2.gif rocks!!!

Cool vid!! That's why we love the man! Well, that and he's a "fairly good" guitar player. tongue.gif Yup, in KC it was almost ALL business as well. Dirk was having MUCH more fun, it seemed, than Lerxst. There was a tiny bit, but nothing like this vid. Maybe Bubbles had taken over the tech position by this time? Edited by bigalfan

QUOTE (Test4Eggo @ Jul 22 2010, 09:01 PM)
QUOTE (2112RUSH2112 @ Jul 22 2010, 04:59 PM)
this one never gets old laugh.gif    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjHFOCEZ__8&feature=related

That's my favorite one. I think it's a prime example of how good of players the guys are.

Hey guitar player. try and play this, "EEEEH"...

I love it. I still like the rant in Rio the best.....but that one is a very close second.

And I am sure the goofing varies from show to show. I thought Alex was pretty animated in Milwaukee but definitely not as silly s other times. Ya gotta figure if your equipment keeps taking a dump in your hands (Milwaukee show) it kinda takes the silly right out of you....

Actually a pretty good argument for seeing multiple shows isn't it

QUOTE (briremo @ Jul 21 2010, 09:25 AM)
I'll bet there's been a bunch rants backstage at the friggin engineer or guitar tech who keeps wrecking Alex's mojo. Better get this shit fixed and fast! 1287.gif

yes.gif

I would think that all the technical problems would put a bit of a damper on his mood. And rightfully so.

However when I saw them in Ottawa there were some mishaps in the first set and you could tell he was frustrated but when set number two rolled around he was having a great time. Back to the Alex we know and love. It was really great to see him smiling and goofing around as usual.

At the ACC show there were some troubles too but he seemed to get over them rather quickly which was good to see. I guess that's all you could do when they seem to be happening so frequently confused13.gif

QUOTE (Test4Eggo @ Jul 20 2010, 08:54 PM)
So on the Time Machine tour, has Alex done any rants yet? I would have thought he would have done one by now. Anyone a witness??

None at all!

Nothing will touch "MEAT BEES!!!!!" 1022.gif

QUOTE (VarianStar @ Jul 21 2010, 08:46 AM)

rofl3.gif

That was awesome!

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Jul 21 2010, 01:37 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Jul 21 2010, 11:09 AM)

Big Al. tongue.gif

For the 4 S&A shows I saw he was all business as well. Kinda bummed me out.

you two need to quit pissing off ALEX

QUOTE (LERXST69 @ Jul 25 2010, 09:04 AM)
QUOTE (Some Half-Forgotten Stranger @ Jul 21 2010, 11:30 AM)
I hope he doesn't do any...I was never a very big fan of them. La Villa is pro'ly my fave song and I wanna hear it played.

Right goodpost.gif

same here.......just a bunch of rambling nonsence that isn't funny.....imo