favorite song from set?

aliceintool

I'm just curious to see what people's favorite songs were. either for the song itself or the song with the best show design (like with the lights/fire/video). for the song itself the real treats for me was Red Barchetta and Vital Signs. THis was only my second concert and I've never heard those live before and they were absolutely beautiful! (and Red Barchetta is my favorite Rush song, whenever I'm in the car with it on I have to go a minimum of 10 mph over the speed limit 1022.gif ) and show-wise I'm really going to go with any song that had more focus on the lights than a video, like YYZ, that was a lot of lights!!!

Witch Hunt

Vital Signs

Time Stand Still

Have not made it to any shows yet, but historically these are songs that have stood out for me on previous tours. Then again, IMO, any song they play live is great.

2.gif

I'm with Phantom, especially that pyro during Marathon scared the shit outta me and TCE was just spot-on and Alex was on fire. LVS was also very kickass.

Presto.

A very important song for me. I'm very annoyed that I missed it live after waiting so long to see it. It was my fault but the amazingly bad traffic at every turn on the way from Montreal to Quebec wasn't on my side.

I, myself, would be delighted if they kept it for the next tour.

Pretty much every song they're playing that I haven't heard before, the two new ones, Subdivisions, Witch Hunt, and Red Barchetta.

PRESTO was great...and unexpected.

LTTA was awesome...fun to hear that live as it is one of their best musical pieces.

BU2B has been kicking my ass for months, and it came off extremely well live.

FREEWILL was downright epic...that bridge gives me chills EVERY TIME I hear it.

MARATHON was awesome...glad to see some PoW love once again.

THE CAMERA EYE was fun to hear live...it was very powerful in the live setting.

CARAVAN was another treat to hear...again, like BU2B it came off very good live and was powerful.

2112 is always a treat live...the crowd was very into it, and that only adds to the atmosphere.

LA VILLA STRANGIATO was amazing to hear live again...probably my favourite Rush song, and just awesome to hear that solo live

QUOTE (mong82191 @ Jul 20 2010, 09:10 PM)
I'm with Phantom, especially that pyro during Marathon scared the shit outta me and TCE was just spot-on and Alex was on fire. LVS was also very kickass.

Exactly... I was blown away by both of those things, in both of those songs...

And in truth, for me, Neil's best work of the evening was during Marathon... I literally felt my jaw drop as he powered through the mid section of the song. Gave me chills...

The Camera Eye

Presto

Marathon

BU2B

Caravan

QUOTE (mong82191 @ Jul 20 2010, 10:10 PM)

laugh.gif That happened to me during far cry on the snakes and arrow tour.

After seeing them tonight, I can easily say that Marathon was the highlight for me. Totally amazing rendition and Geddy hit those high notes in the modulation at the end pretty spot-on.

A runner up was surprisingly Stick It Out. That song is badass live.