2112 Full Version

worthog

I am a younger Rush fan thus not being old enough to go to the Test for Echo tour...and of course I really wanna see the whole thing live...but with the age and with Geddy's voice not getting any higher....does anybody think that the Test for Echo tour was the last time the full thing will ever be played live?

Of course I would ask about either Cygnus Books but i think that might be stretchin it for the guys

I don't think we'll ever see it live again, sadly

I'm in that same boat with you being a younger Rush fan.

trink39.gif

and a late welcome to the forum trink39.gif again

First of all unless Alex Lifeson was lying through his teeth, they've only ever played 2112 in it's entirety on one tour and that was the TFE tour.

With that being said, if it's ever listed on a set list as the full song you can bet your hard earned money that it's the last tour they ever do. Especially if it would be the song they close with. Same thing with Tom Sawyer; if the end of the encore is ever Tom Sawyer, that's the end.

No...I don't think so. Not in its entirety.

The fact is...there is just too much music, and not enough time to fit it all in a setlist. We already all complain about so many great songs being left off.

Them performing all 20 minutes of 2112 means that there are at least 4-5 other songs that get left off, which is alot in the grand scheme of it.

While I love 2112, the Overture/Temples is good enough. It is the best part of the song, and an absolute highlight in concert. 1022.gif

*edited for spelling.

Yeah I think that was a once in a lifetime thing, playing the whole song. I'm lucky enough to have seen it on the T4E tour, although I didn't really appreciate it at the time being a new fan.

I see 2 opportunities for them do perform 2112 in it's entirety (tuned down of course). Feb 1, 2012 (2112) and Dec 21 2012 (2112 to some). You may think it's weird, but I think it would the coolest thing.

The Feb 1 2012 is plausable because they would most likely be still touring or finishing up touring from the new album.

Food for thought.

I hope they don't. Parts of it are great and I love hearing Overture/Temples at shows, but taken as a whole... no. Too long, for one thing. They could get in a few other songs instead. I also think that it's rather overrated, but that's just my opinion.

They could if they change how they come up with a setlist. 1st set 60 min, 2nd set 60 min. Encore 40 min, it wouldnt actually be an encore since they dont actually do encores anyways. It would be part of the set. Rush has to many Great albums, I think they might start playing them live like "Moving Pictures" this tour.

I'm going to say 'No' too (even though it was really awesome). Geddy's voice could probably take it as long as they detune enough, but it just eats up too much time in the setlist.

I too would like to hear both Cygnus books, but I don't see that happening either. Even on the Hemispheres tour boots, he sounds close to missing some of those high notes in Book II (which is interesting, since Geddy mentions in Beyond the Lighted Stage that the parts were originally recorded too high for him to sing).

LeChuck

I for one would like to see it since I missed the TFE tour. 30th was a good chance, but why not with an orchestra? During a limited tour to support the live performance if they don't want to play it every. Makes sense to me.

"You can never go back." - Someone said circa 1988 biggrin.gif

QUOTE (worthog @ Jul 18 2010, 11:06 PM)
I am a younger Rush fan thus not being old enough to go to the Test for Echo tour...and of course I really wanna see the whole thing live...but with the age and with Geddy's voice not getting any higher....does anybody think that the Test for Echo tour was the last time the full thing will ever be played live?

Of course I would ask about either Cygnus Books but i think that might be stretchin it for the guys

I would just count your blessings that you got to see them at all. I'd doubt they'll do the entire thing again. Not trying to be negative, but it's pretty doubtful they'll do it anytime soon...

QUOTE (quickfree @ Jul 19 2010, 08:42 PM)
I for one would like to see it since I missed the TFE tour. 30th was a good chance, but why not with an orchestra? During a limited tour to support the live performance if they don't want to play it every. Makes sense to me.

"You can never go back." - Someone said circa 1988 biggrin.gif

Now THAT is entirely possible, I suppose. I just wouldn't expect it, that's all. (good idea, though!) wink.gif

Archived