Rush on SNL

losingit2k

Alex was on Trailer Park Boys so why not get him to host? He would be hilarious.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jul 18 2010, 06:09 PM)
Please use the search feature BEFORE posting new threads. This subject has been beat to death. THANKS.
beathorse.gif

well obviously not all of us have seen those threads. pokey.gif

I think it would be great if they would do SNL on a night that Will Ferrel would Host!

Like that they could revive the More Cowbell Sketch but this time as Terry Brown saying " We Need more keyboards!"

Also they could all three be participants on Jeopardy!

Trebeck: "the answer is 4/4 time:"

Neil: " What is Lame, just simply Lame?"

Alex: : "What is the amount of times you swing to tee off?"

Geddy: "What is the amount of hours I have to beg to play keyboards?"

I only wish Chris Farley was still alive to interview them! R.I.P.

rofl3.gif

Hey, do you remember the time when you guys played in Rio, and you played Closer to the Heart?

That was awesome.

Followed by: Do you remember the album Moving Pictures? How cool was it to meet Tom Sawyer?

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jul 18 2010, 08:49 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 18 2010, 07:40 PM)
I only wish Chris Farley was still alive to interview them! R.I.P.

rofl3.gif

Hey, do you remember the time when you guys played in Rio, and you played Closer to the Heart?

That was awesome.

z7shysterical.gif rofl3.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (briremo @ Jul 18 2010, 06:21 PM)
QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Jul 18 2010, 06:09 PM)
Please use the search feature BEFORE posting new threads. This subject has been beat to death. THANKS.
beathorse.gif

well obviously not all of us have seen those threads. pokey.gif

Obviously you only had time to read 6 of the 17 words on my lengthy post. There's a feature on discussion forums called "search". On a lighter note, Rush have stated it's not appropriate an appropriate setting for them. I believe they also said they've never been asked to appear on snl anyway.

This thread sounds to me kinda like "How come my child's never been asked to appear on America's got talent?" eyesre4.gif

"How come my child's never been asked to appear on America's got talent?"

First Rush is no-one child except for maybe Alex and Geddy's!

Second since SNL has never asked them to appear, their really is no reason to say they might night do it! If they did Colbert which is a much more unknown (I didn't say worst) show! There is no reason to speculate that they might pass on SNL.

2.gif Rules!

If they want to go on Seseme Street and recite the alphabet. I 'll be happy for them!

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (mong82191 @ Jul 17 2010, 11:22 PM)
Screw performing, let them host the whole show

True! Alex alone would be funnier than most of the crap that's on their lately! The only funny stuff on SNL of late has been the "Weekend Update," and even THAT is hit and miss!

1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Flight YYZ @ Jul 18 2010, 06:13 PM)
Rush would be truly amazing on SNL. I'd love to see that performance. The mainstream media does not acknowledge/respect RUSH. Why I am not sure. angry.gif

Because it's 2.gif 1022.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 18 2010, 10:14 PM)
rush would not only be a good musical guest (their kind of music doesnt really go well with a tv studio, tho) but an excellent addition to the comedy, imo. esp. alex.

Alex would be hilarious as a comedy actor in an SNL skit. Also, I think Geddy would too. Alex would be a pleasant suprise, kind of like Betty White.

QUOTE (mong82191 @ Jul 17 2010, 11:22 PM)

So much content potential! Mike Myers (big Rush Fan). South Park Clip of Tom Sawyer....better yet, a Robert Smigel cartoon with the Trio!

Alex & Geddy could play Bob & Doug McKenzie...cooo-loo-coo-coo, aw, take off Geddy, ya hoser!

Alex & Geddy visit a wine factory (instead of beer)....Alex drinks up all the wine in the vat. "Geddy, like I'm stuck and now I need to take a leak!"

Rushcon (Like Star Trek Skit), Neil getting pissed at all the die hard fans..."Guys, were just a band, stop worshiping us and go home already"

After seeing their comedic abilities in *spoiler* the intro video of Rash, they would be great on SNL!

Maybe start a facebook fan page to promote/lobby for them to host SNL? Jerry Stiller rocking out to Rush as the profile pic.

Although....SNL strikes me as the same mainstream mindset as Rolling Stone Magazine? unsure.gif

One can dream.......

schla03.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jul 18 2010, 10:28 AM)
You know, it's funny... any time it comes up, people always say of SNL "it hasn't been good in years".

But I've been hearing that for as long as I can remember, going back to about the mid-80's when I became aware of SNL when I was 10 or 12. I can't remember a time when people agreed that the show was any good, and moreover, that it had been recently good - it's always been "it hasn't been good in years".

Has the show really sucked every single year since 1975? How could it possibly have lasted this long?

The original Not Ready For Prime Time Players were great: Belushi, Chevy, Gilda, Akroyd, Lorraine, Garrett, Jane Curtin, Bill Murray. Those years were special and still "classic."

Then Lorne Michaels left as producer and the writing and overall quality of the show went downhill, IMO. Sure, you had talent like Eddie Murphy, Martin Short, Billy Crystal, and Joe Piscopo, but the very early 80s SUCKED, in my opinion. Tim Kazurinsky, Mary Gross, Brad Hall, Julia Louis-Dreyfus (despite later rocking on "Seinfeld")... who cares?? Lame!

When Lorne returned, he brought in talent like Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, and others, and the mid-to-late 80s ROCKED. Dana and Phil's impressions alone were worth watching every week. When later Adam Sandler and Mike Myers were added, the show continued to rock into the very early 90s.

Then we saw those actors leave one by one, leaving just Tim Meadows and a bunch of newcomers. It started to go downhill again, although with a few bright spots: Will Farrell and Darrell Hammond being two of them.

Today, I very very very rarely watch. For me, the high point was the mid-to-late 80s of Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Mike Myers, Adam Sandler, Jan Hooks, Nora Dunn, Dennis Miller, Victoria Jackson, Chris Farley, Kevin Nealon, and Jon Lovitz.

QUOTE (mong82191 @ Jul 18 2010, 12:22 AM)

TWO of them would host it, anyway....

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Jul 18 2010, 12:26 AM)
Rush has talent.. so why would they bother with the useless trash masquerading as comedians on SNL?

Good thought.

I would add that the way SNL works to develop their material, and the way Rush does the same is COMPLETELY different. SNL is spontaneous and has no boundaries. Rush has scruples and is very careful not only about content of what they portray, but their image as well. Their approach to entertainment is completely different, and I think they would clash with the powers that be at NBC. JMHO.

I would add that the way SNL works to develop their material, and the way Rush does the same is COMPLETELY different. SNL is spontaneous and has no boundaries. Rush has scruples and is very careful not only about content of what they portray, but their image as well. Their approach to entertainment is completely different, and I think they would clash with the powers that be at NBC. JMHO.

Dude they would just be playing two songs. How difficult could that be?

sarcasm.gif

I'd like to see Rush as a musical guest on SNL. Expecting them to host or be in sketches is definitely a pipe dream though. I don't even think they'll ever be asked to be musical guests. But it would be nice.

SNL sometimes hits but usually misses for me. It often depends on the hosts. A good host inspires better writing. I thought Kirsten Dunst did a good job on it when she hosted. Cameron Diaz does okay as does Alec Baldwin. Usually the first sketch or two and the news segment is the only thing that might even get a laugh or two from me. And that's on the good nights which are rare.

2.gif

QUOTE (karkarius @ Jul 19 2010, 11:11 PM)
I don't even think they'll ever be asked to be musical guests.

If you believe Robert Telleria ("Mereley [sic] Players"), the band has already been asked two or more times and refused.

But I don't believe anything Telleria has written that doesn't include a quote from the band or the band's associates as a source.

Archived