if you could ask

tel

one question of each member of rush.......

ged...of all the thousands of shows you have done does one stand out in your memory as the pinnacle of all performances?

al...have you ever got so pissed off at equipment problems that you have smashed your guitar in anger?

neil..does the writing process get harder or easier as you get older?

there must be hundreds of questions that remain unanswered and the above are probably less significant than yours so lets hear em.

appologies if this has been done

GeddyFinal.gif Why do you whack yourself in the head during certain passages of certain songs?

AlexFinal.gif Do you plan those rants during La Villa or are they just something you make up on the fly?

NeilFinal.gif Neil, wait, come back, can't I just ask you just one little question?

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jul 18 2010, 02:55 AM)
NeilFinal.gif Neil, wait, come back, can't I just ask you just one little question?

tongue.gif

Ged - Have you guys ever played The Fountain of Lamneth live, either in full or a section?

Alex - Why did you decide to only play 5 songs from Presto on the Presto tour?

Neil - Why do you guys maintain static setlists throughout a tour (especially in the 80's!)?

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jul 18 2010, 12:55 AM)

z7shysterical.gif

Geddy: How 'bout them Cubs?

Alex: (question is not fit to print)

Neil: Can I have a ride on your bike?

Alex: If you could only play one guitar for the rest of your life, which guitar would you choose?

Neil: Do you have a set "process" for writing lyrics or do you just write when inspiration strikes?

Geddy: Sssshhhh...stop struggling! It makes it harder to kidnap you! laugh.gif

I would say thank you to Alex for making me a fan of guitarist Eric Johnson who opened for Rush on the Roll The Bones Tour in 1991.

I would also ask Alex about his feelings of the Gibson doubleneck being stolen that he was going to give Johnson as a gift and if it was ever recovered.

I would ask Geddy what he thinks of Porcupine Tree since he has never mentioned being a fan.

I would ask Neil if he would consider going motorcycling with Eric Johnson's drummer Tommy Taylor as he apparently has a BMW motorcycle as well.

Taylor mentioned talking to Alex backstage (on Eric Johnson's forum) in 2006 at Massey Hall in Toronto when Johnson was opening for Joe Satriani.

Alex Lifeson backstage with Joe Satriani and Eric Johnson

Geddy: Do you have vision problems or are the glasses just for show?

Alex: Can you bring back the rants during La Villa please?

Neil: Can I have one of your kits??

Alex, we're all really upset you never beat the crap out of Geddy during his keyboard phase. Why didn't take a friggin sledghammer to his keyboards?

Neil, before we get started, I want to present you with this WWJD bracelet. Hey wait!

Geddy, you must be a black belt or something right? How else did you stop Alex from trashing your keyboards? Seriously though, Are you a control freak that demands attention? Isn't it enough already you're the singer?

QUOTE (briremo @ Jul 18 2010, 12:00 PM)
Seriously though, Are you a control freak that demands attention? Isn't it enough already you're the singer?

Oh, he can have all my attention! tongue.gif

Geddy: Would you ever consider doing another solo album?

Alex: What are your most favorable and unfavorable memories when your recording in the studio?

Neil: What made you decide to buy a BMW motorcycle over any other brand?

Geddy: What the hell were you guys smoking when you wrote The Necromancer and The Fountain Of Lamneth?

Alex: You used to be quite thin. How did you get so fat?

Neil: Could you please stop being such a pussy and come to the meet and greets?

To be completely honest, I can't think of one single question I'd want to ask any of them.

If I had the opportunity to thank them for decades of intense musical enjoyment, and I didn't think I was going to bother them by doing so, I absolutely would. But questions? No.

Geddy: Can I have Your Red Jazz bass?

Alex: What did you have for breakfast? (simple questions, no sudden movements)

Neil: If you were locked in a room with 10,000 fans what would you do?

2.gif

Mr. Lee, do you know what was happening on the evening of April 28th, 1990?

Mr. Lifeson, did you ever wonder why the little bubbles are trying to get out from the bottom of the glass?

Mr. Peart, did you ever wonder why blue and yellow make green? It's so much like peanut butter and chocolate don't you think?

Alex-how long did it take for you guys to nail the middle section of Freewill

Can't think of anything I'd ask the other two and I'd more than likely just thank the three of them for still giving me music in this modern day of american idol, pre-manufactured, nickelback bullshit.

QUOTE (Snyder80 @ Jul 19 2010, 03:01 PM)

Can't think of anything I'd ask the other two and I'd more than likely just thank the three of them for still giving me music in this modern day of american idol, pre-manufactured, nickelback bullshit.

AMEN!

Geddy: Wanna go make out?

Alex: What's a shrimp cot?

Neil: How do you put up with the constant bitching about you on Rush forums?

In all seriousness... I'd just thank them. I don't think I'd ask them any questions.

Besides the make out one to Geddy. I'd probably ask that.

Neil - I'm aware of your fondness for Buddy Rich and a lot of swing/jazz drummers. Did you ever go through a Tony Williams/Elvin Jones phase?

Alex - What, if anything/anyone, inspired all those suspended chords?

Geddy - Have you ever had to "act" a lyric? In other words, have you ever been put in the position of singing a lyric to which you had trouble relating?

Neil- any more books in the works?

Geddy- how do you keep your voice in good shape?

Alex- 1022.gif uh ypu rock uh uh huh huh uhhhh dude

Archived