Saw Inception Last night

briremo

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 6 2011, 07:45 AM)
SPOILERS:

I've still only seen the movie once, but I had time to think about it.

It was definitely a very cool and fun movie, and one I want to see again at some point, but it's certainly nowhere near the movie that first Matrix was or anything.

I guess for me what it was lacking is that so much of the movie seemed to be just long action sequences. I mean, I understand symbolically what was going on in the whole fortress in the snow scene, but after awhile with some scenes like that I felt like I was watching the opening to a James Bond film. I'm not putting down James Bond, but it's hardly the most intellectually stimulating type of material.

I guess also is I felt a lack of soul somehow in the movie - I though the concept was excellent, but I really didn't care much about most of the characters. I thought Leonardo DiCaprio's character, while obviously tortured, needed to show a lot more emotion for me to really feel emotionally connected to his plight - he was often just too nonchalant or mellow given his situation, and that made it hard for me to really get involved in his psyche. It seemed more like he was afraid of this woman who wasn't even real, as opposed to being tortured by his own inner demons.

I also thought Ellen Page was somewhat wasted. She's a great actress, and really her part could have been played by almost anyone.

So still, great movie, and maybe somewhat minor-ish quibbles, but it didn't have quite the impact I was hoping it would given who directed it and all the hype...

I agree....Although I liked it towards the end I got to thinking, "when is this gonna be over?...it's just one long action sequence."

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 6 2011, 09:45 PM)
SPOILERS:

It was definitely a very cool and fun movie, and one I want to see again at some point, but it's certainly nowhere near the movie that first Matrix was or anything.

Yeah, you got that right. Inception was watchable tongue.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Feb 7 2011, 07:00 PM)
SPOILERS:

You didn't think the first Matrix was watchable? Really? unsure.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 8 2011, 09:06 PM)
SPOILERS:

Yeah, you must've forgotten. I told you a few years back how I could never stay awake watching it (I tried 3 times). Besides, a film trying to pass itself off as cerebral and hiring Keanu Reeves as it's star?! Shit. That's like hiring all 5'2" of me to be the center of the Celtics.

I even tried part Matrix 2 at the cine in mid-afternoon but also fell asleep.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Feb 8 2011, 05:20 AM)
SPOILERS:

Yeah, you must've forgotten. I told you a few years back how I could never stay awake watching it (I tried 3 times). Besides, a film trying to pass itself off as cerebral and hiring Keanu Reeves as it's star?! Shit. That's like hiring all 5'2" of me to be the center of the Celtics.

Yeah, I must have forgotten. Either that or I blocked it out as I still can't comprehend of anyone not loving the top ten movie of all time that is the original Matrix. wink.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 8 2011, 09:22 PM)
SPOILERS:

Yeah, I must have forgotten. Either that or I blocked it out as I still can't comprehend of anyone not loving the top ten movie of all time that is the original Matrix. wink.gif

You said almost exactly the same thing 5 years ago. And as I told you back then, YOU'RE ON ACID!!! yes.gif

I think we came to the conclusion that the only movies we can agree on are those by Woody Allen. trink39.gif

But as we both know, it doesn't matter. It's totally fine for you to think that a David Lynch scene that involves a unicorn orgy with Bolivian tricycles and midgets is brilliant while I don't. tongue.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Feb 8 2011, 05:28 AM)
SPOILERS:

You said almost exactly the same thing 5 years ago. And as I told you back then, YOU'RE ON ACID!!! yes.gif

I think we came to the conclusion that the only movies we can agree on are those by Woody Allen. trink39.gif

But as we both know, it doesn't matter. It's totally fine for you to think that a David Lynch scene that involves a unicorn orgy with Bolivian tricycles and midgets is brilliant while I don't. tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Why is it that everyone seems to remember my opinions and detailed conversations from years ago more than I remember theirs? confused13.gif

Anyway, feel free to call me being on acid for loving the first Matrix movie, but I think you'll find most people are firmly parked in my camp on this one, not like that matters. wink.gif

And for what it's worth, I certainly don't love all David Lynch by a long shot. Many of his movies are just weird for the sake of weird. The only ones I really enjoy are The Elephant Man, Mulholland Dr., and especially the amazing Lost Highway. wub.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Feb 8 2011, 08:28 AM)
SPOILERS:

Johnny, you sure do think a lot of people take acid don't you? atickhum.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 8 2011, 07:44 AM)
SPOILERS:

laugh.gif

Why is it that everyone seems to remember my opinions and detailed conversations from years ago more than I remember theirs? confused13.gif

Anyway, feel free to call me being on acid for loving the first Matrix movie, but I think you'll find most people are firmly parked in my camp on this one, not like that matters. wink.gif

And for what it's worth, I certainly don't love all David Lynch by a long shot. Many of his movies are just weird for the sake of weird. The only ones I really enjoy are The Elephant Man, Mulholland Dr., and especially the amazing Lost Highway. wub.gif

Why is it that everyone seems to remember my opinions and detailed conversations from years ago more than I remember theirs?  confused13.gif

Um, because you're on acid? confused13.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 8 2011, 09:44 PM)
SPOILERS:

laugh.gif

I'm surprised you even mentioned people being in the same camp as you in regards to The Matrix. That kind of thing never mattered to me in regards to movies.

Oh, I remembered that talk because you seemed completely puzzled as to how anyone can even begin to NOT like The Matrix.

QUOTE (tick @ Feb 8 2011, 11:13 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Feb 8 2011, 08:28 AM)
SPOILERS:

Johnny, you sure do think a lot of people take acid don't you? atickhum.gif

No, mainly just you and goobs. I think others use it for social purposes generally. tongue.gif common001.gif common001.gif