Saw Inception Last night

briremo

nothing short of spectacular! Best Film I've seen in years, YEARS!

The director toys with us, thrills us and literrlly leaves us breathless. There were several points in the film where you could hear the whole audience reminding themselves to breathe. The score was emothional and bombastic, reminding you that 'you aint seen nothing like it'.

Staggering images and scenes that portray more than story line. You will have to see it again!

The last 20 seconds of film are well,,,you gotta see it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (briremo @ Jul 17 2010, 12:38 PM)

The director toys with us, thrills us and literrlly leaves us breathless. There were several points in the film where you could hear the whole audience reminding themselves to breathe. The score was emothional and bombastic, reminding you that 'you aint seen nothing like it'.

Staggering images and scenes that portray more than story line. You will have to see it again!

Literally leaves you breathless? Like what, they suck all the air out of the theater so you can't breathe? Literally? Damn, that doesn't sound like a good time, to me. tongue.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jul 17 2010, 02:09 PM)
QUOTE (briremo @ Jul 17 2010, 12:38 PM)

Literally leaves you breathless? Like what, they suck all the air out of the theater so you can't breathe? Literally? Damn, that doesn't sound like a good time, to me. tongue.gif

Some of the scenes are so intense that you forget to breathe. I'm serious, everyone sitting around me did the same exact thing after one of these long tense scenes. You could hear everyone sucking in a big breath at the same time and then go "whew!"

Superior film making. At its highest art form. And the end of the film...Chris Nolan just pokes you in the eye to let you know he's been in total control of you!

Awesome.

Glad to hear this - - my nephew wants us to go to Providence to see it at the IMAX - - sounds worth the trouble to go to the city! Thanks!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

I'm looking forward to seeing this movie!

Christopher Nolan is the rare director who makes popular movies that are intelligent and challenging. He really took Batman and ran with it. It's because of the success of Batman that he can make movies like Inception.

I saw it last night too. Interesting theme, great visuals, score & cast and I do believe that Nolan is one of the few Hollywood greats BUT...I have to say that I didn't think it was that awesome. In fact, I was slighly disappointed because I have such a high regard for Nolan. I guess I felt that the flick seemed to do too much by piling layer upon layer of dreams & disorientation.

(Like the op) I don't want to give away any spoilers either but the end does make you question some things.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 18 2010, 10:27 PM)
I saw it last night too.  Interesting theme, great visuals, score & cast and I do believe that Nolan is one of the few Hollywood greats BUT...I have to say that I didn't think it was that awesome.  In fact, I was slighly disappointed because I have such a high regard for Nolan.  I guess I felt that the flick seemed to do too much by piling layer upon layer of dreams & disorientation. 
(Life the op) I don't want to give away any spoilers either but the end does make you question some things.

I think it's one of those films that will get better with repeat viewings. Looks like there's a lot to soak in.

you really have to stay focused to understand the concept of the film.

You got that right! It's an exercise in attentiveness! No Wonder it's PG13

(Pee Generously 13 minutes prior)

sad.gif

The movie is non stop! Don't look away. Not even for a second!

popcorn.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 19 2010, 10:24 PM)
you really have to stay focused to understand the concept of the film.

You got that right! It's an exercise in attentiveness! No Wonder it's PG13

(Pee Generously 13 minutes prior)

sad.gif

The movie is non stop! Don't look away. Not even for a second!

popcorn.gif

Oh NOOOOO you too? There's that scene near the end where Ellen Page is falling...I had to run and hoped I didn't miss much but figured I could piss myself and catch the whole thing or miss like 30 secs

I missed the 30 secs

or is it 30 days....

wink.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 20 2010, 06:46 AM)
I just didn't get the boner that nearly everyone else seems to have acquired for it.

well some of us only get to see movies like Toy Story and The Proposal from time to time so anything remotely exciting is a great film.

Really I watch a lot of movies and haven't seen anything this good since The Dark Knight. That was two years ago. Before that, uh, LOTR?

QUOTE (briremo @ Jul 21 2010, 10:32 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 20 2010, 06:46 AM)
I just didn't get the boner that nearly everyone else seems to have acquired for it.

well some of us only get to see movies like Toy Story and The Proposal from time to time so anything remotely exciting is a great film.

Really I watch a lot of movies and haven't seen anything this good since The Dark Knight. That was two years ago. Before that, uh, LOTR?

That's fine. I sometimes hate, dislike, or don't care too much about extremely popular movies. LOTR, The Matrix, Harry Potter, and now Inception are in this list.

I haven't seen TOY STORY 3 yet but I'll probably like that more than Inception.

ah, so you just want to be a rebel? Doesn't matter if it's good film, you won't go see it because it's popular. Brilliant!

Nothing like keeping an open mind! fing.gif

QUOTE (briremo @ Jul 21 2010, 08:32 PM)
ah, so you just want to be a rebel? Doesn't matter if it's good film, you won't go see it because it's popular. Brilliant!

Nothing like keeping an open mind!  fing.gif

Of course not. I don't know where you got that idea from my post. Didn't you read the "...SOMETIMES I hate, dislike, or don't care for extremely popular movies" part? Of course I want to see a good movie when I fork over money or even if it's just on the tube. I was just saying that I don't like some popular movies for various reasons...Inception, I already said why...Matrix, seemed more style than substance...Harry Potter, the books were way better and the movies didn't come off as well...etc.

But just to let you know that I'm not the rebel: Shawshank Redemption is my favorite movie and that's widely recognized as one of the most popular movies of all time. I really liked E.T. & Jaws and I loved both of Nolan's Batman films, & The Wizard of Oz. Happy now? tongue.gif

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

QUOTE (briremo @ Jul 21 2010, 08:32 PM)

Nothing like keeping an open mind! fing.gif

Oh yeah, every movie I rip I've seen. You should read my posts more carefully before you rip me

I thought the movie was good, but not at the edge of my seat choking on popcorn kernals good.

I give it a 3/5.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 21 2010, 07:02 AM)
You should read my posts more carefully before you rip me

trink39.gif

my apologies.

I read it as "i ignore popular movies".