Signed items

Janie

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity ... why do some people send multiple items to be signed?

Would you not be happy to have one item signed, and leave the opportunity for others to get something signed too? Eventually, these extra signed items are going to show up on e-Bay, and then the signing will likely come to an abrupt halt.

QUOTE (capoetc @ May 23 2011, 12:56 PM)

Would you not be happy to have one item signed, and leave the opportunity for others to get something signed too?  Eventually, these extra signed items are going to show up on e-Bay, and then the signing will likely come to an abrupt halt.

I think you'll find only one item gets signed. On the last tour I sent in my copy of Roadshow hoping Neil would sign it (being a drummer & a fan from the early days he is an absolute hero & a Legend) & my ATWAS CD booklet for the band to sign, both came back but only Roadshow was signed.

This time I sent my 2112 & ESL album covers but ESL was for my mate in Stoke who for personal reasons couldn't make any of the shows & I thought it'd be a surprise to cheer him up. My cover arrived signed by all three guys & my mates arrived at his home in Stoke unsigned (which unfortunately didn't cheer him up unsure.gif ). So folk may send in multiple items but I think only one(if your lucky) will get signed.

I feel so lucky to have gotten my 1 tour book back signed...wouldnt even think of sending 2 items...clearly the guys know when its a real fan...and one thats just looking to gain on their generosity...they should send back those a bag of coal...lol

I had sent a drum head to be signed to the Pittsburgh show last September which my son and I attended. I never received anything back.

I tested my luck again with the Cleveland show last month, and sent in separate mailings of a Moving Pictures album cover, and another drum head with a note that it was for my 11-year old son.

After six weeks, didn't see hide nor hair of either. My wife called me at work last Friday to say that an envelope came in the mail addressed to my son, with our address as both the "to" and "from". Inside was a personalized and autographed drum head. Very cool that they would take the time to do that!

Today at my office, I received a large return envelope with my album cover, again personalized and autographed. Too cool (X2). Thanks a million guys!

The reason they do personalize the items is to discourage reselling on ebay.

As has been said before, they don't have to do this. So very cool that they care enough about the fans (even 11-year old kids) that they would take a few extra minutes each show to do this.

Excellent ....my old Hemispheres tour programme has returned and it looks Mint!!! i was well surprised how quickly this came back to me. I posted this last Thursday, the gig was on the Saturday. I'm buzzing cool.gif Good luck to everyone who is waiting for something in the post. trink38.gif

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/4005/0000010k.jpg

QUOTE (capoetc @ May 23 2011, 06:56 AM)

Would you not be happy to have one item signed, and leave the opportunity for others to get something signed too?  Eventually, these extra signed items are going to show up on e-Bay, and then the signing will likely come to an abrupt halt.

If some venues do not forward any mail to the artist. Then you do have an alternative to try a different venue. So if one attempt fails, hopefully the second one will work. It's a gamble and you have to trust that the item will get back to you. If both items come back, that is a big bonus.

I'm surprised no one has posted up on this thread ?. The last date of the UK tour was last night. Has anyone had anything back from the Birmingham LG Arena. I have a friend who is waiting for a reply and he's chomping at the bit. If anybody has any info please reply cheers wink.gif

My mate framed my signed 2112 album cover along with some tickets & the time machine flyer (the wee one is from the Glasgow Apollo in 1978)

http://i56.tinypic.com/2ywaltu.jpg

Edited by Sarge

@ alphap Hi I'm from Newcastle and i posted my Hemispheres programme to the Newcastle Arena. It was a heart stopping moment as i opened up the package thinking 'has this been returned without any signatures'. But it was great to see those signatures across the front cover. I cannot understand how it has taking your item a week to return ?. I had my programme returned to me in 2 days. Was your album sent 2nd class post and did you notice the post mark on the package ?. The reason i'm asking is that i would think they'd be all signed and sent out at the same time. I told a couple of friends to post to the Birmingham LG Arena. But niether of them have heard anything back. So i'm thinking that they don't forward mail to the band at that venue.

sorry mate, as a first time poster i didnt want to chance boring everyone with all the details and my posting was not factually correct.

i actually collected signed album from post office yesterday after postie was unable to deliver last tuesday. i was very impressed with how promptly arena staff placed package in post to me and half expected it to lie around an office for a few weeks first.

hope thats ok and sorry if i confused things.

Thanks for the reply alphap with this thread being 18000+ hits. Why don't you post a pic up of the signed album. I thought i would of been swomped with the replies. But thanks for letting me know that you did get your album back on the same day. I've still heard nothing back from my friends and it isn't looking good for them. If anyone on the forum has received anything from the Birmingham gig please let me know ok Thanks wink.gif

Sended a Photo from the Omaha Show, which I shot last year from the front row, to the Frankfurt Festhalle. I sended it 5 days before the show and it also included a SASE and a short letter. Adressed with: please foreward to RUSH Mr. Liam Birt - today the envelope came back with a big note on the front which said: 'TOO LATE' ... no.gif

So as it turns out, I'm going to make it to the Vegas show this year (excited!) and these threads have always made me want to get something signed. Can anyone throw out any important info or pointers to the process. I would like to get any one of these signed.

2010 Tourbook.

2010 Poster.

Any CD

Rush Book

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Jun 5 2011, 05:34 AM)
So as it turns out, I'm going to make it to the Vegas show this year (excited!) and these threads have always made me want to get something signed. Can anyone throw out any important info or pointers to the process. I would like to get any one of these signed.

2010 Tourbook.
2010 Poster.
Any CD
Rush Book

It's just the luck of the draw. Send your item to the venue & include a short note & a self addressed envelope with the correct postage attatched. Address it to Liam Birt & then say a few prayers.

Not everything get signed, I sent my 2112 album cover & ESL covers to Glasgow seperately, the ESL cover was for my mate & was addressed to him in England, mine came to me signed & his returned unsigned. I tried again for him in Newcastle & so did another mate of mine (for himself) who was at the gig, both returned unsigned!

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Jun 4 2011, 11:34 PM)

2010 Tourbook.
2010 Poster.
Any CD
Rush Book

As far as addressing your package you're sending.

1. I would call the venue and see if you can find someone who can possibly confirm that they will forward fan mail.

2. When addressing it, I would send it to:

Rush

c/o Liam Birt - Tour Manager

venue address.

3. Also, write somewhere on there "hold for show June XX, 2011. Hopefully it will go into a pile. I did not do that on my last one I sent out to Greenville. Im hoping that it still gets to the right people.

Also, send a nice little note. Have a SASE envelop inside so all they have to do is seal it up and send it right back.