Signed items

Janie

Admiration and Respect...two words that describe everything that the Holy Triumvirate deserve in every way.

I sent my VG copy of Moving Pictures to Copps Coliseum in Hamilton last week with a short, simple, and appreciative note for their music and musicianship in the hopes that I might get it back with their signatures. Like so many on this forum who have tried (and successfully) received something of personal value back graced with their signatures, this album meant so much to me, and hearing it at the show (all the while knowing that my copy was somewhere deep in the bowels of that arena) was quite humbling. Although I have never met them, they are gentlemen and deserving of all the admiration and respect that we fans can give them.

My wife called me at work this morning and told me that a package arrived from Copps. Thinking perhaps that it was sent back unsigned, I asked her to open it. In her words, there it was - "Hey Rob - Neil, Geddy, and Alex". Magic.

It'll be hard to get through the day without racing home to hold that piece of art in my hands, but to everyone on this forum who offered suggestions and assistance to those of us who wanted to experience an autographed piece by these guys for the first time, all I can say is "Thank You".

I may sound like a giddy schoolgirl here, but this really has been an awesome week, capped by receiving a true treasure in the mail. A picture will follow. biggrin.gif

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tapermike @ Apr 20 2011, 06:36 PM)
QUOTE (The Gorsk @ Apr 18 2011, 09:23 AM)
QUOTE (Docmilsap @ Apr 18 2011, 08:31 AM)
QUOTE (The Gorsk @ Apr 17 2011, 06:29 PM)
QUOTE (jmdyyz @ Apr 17 2011, 10:02 AM)
sometimes they never get to them & are lost- It sucks!!!

other times they will only sign 2 items

I wish they had rules on their website for this

The guys signing our items has been a not-so-well-kept secret among us fans. If we start asking too many questions it will bring too much attention then too many people will start sending stuff and they will have to stop signing for us.

I found this out first hand when I first started asking questions and was chastised...check out the thread at the link below:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=41613&hl=

Peace

2.gif

It's not meant to be a secret mate....Neil talks about it in his book Roadshow

I didn't think so either. That is why I emailed Anthem to ask about it (never got a response). If you read the thread that was linked in my post you'll see how others got mad at me for doing so.

Yesterday I sent some emails out to some of the arenas on the tour to find out if they would forward items we send. I just got a response back from the New Orleans arena and this is what they said:

"Good morning.

Sorry, we can not forward items to the artist. However, you may want to visit the artist website directly regarding how to forward fan mail.

Curtis A. Parker, Jr., MPA

Coordinator of Training

SMG/Louisiana Superdome/New Orleans Arena"

2.gif

Typical white trash New Orleans

What is your problem with New Orleans?

By the way, Curtis Parker is African American. Guess there goes your white trash theory?

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/curtis-parker-jr/14/972/918

Cheers,

frippy

Edited by frippy

Looks like I'm the only one to send to Cleveland, I know it was the worst choice as they were filming, but it was the only choice I had at the time.

It'll be a week tomorrow since the show, I guess I won't be getting my stuff back. Congrats to all of those that did!

Edited by clive

QUOTE (frippy @ Apr 21 2011, 11:04 AM)

The guys signing our items has been a not-so-well-kept secret among us fans. If we start asking too many questions it will bring too much attention then too many people will start sending stuff and they will have to stop signing for us.

I found this out first hand when I first started asking questions and was chastised...check out the thread at the link below:

Peace

2.gif

I didn't think so either. That is why I emailed Anthem to ask about it (never got a response). If you read the thread that was linked in my post you'll see how others got mad at me for doing so.

Yesterday I sent some emails out to some of the arenas on the tour to find out if they would forward items we send. I just got a response back from the New Orleans arena and this is what they said:

"Good morning.

Sorry, we can not forward items to the artist. However, you may want to visit the artist website directly regarding how to forward fan mail.

Coordinator of Training

2.gif

By the way, Curtis Parker is African American. Guess there goes your white trash theory?

Cheers,

frippy

I am from New Orleans so it gives me the right to rag on it. It is a drag to live there!

If I was going to see three-headed rock monsters in 3 weeks[ yes, 2 weeks!] would it be a good idea to get somthinh sent away to get signed, I mean they wont be in toronto anytime in the next 3 weeks ?

My non rush-fan friend txted me this week saying she was going to get items signed by RUSH

after I calmed down and was rational, turns out the BF was sending stuf away to get signed, not meting the actual band

QUOTE (Kingdirk @ Apr 21 2011, 08:26 AM)

My wife called me at work this morning and told me that a package arrived from Copps. Thinking perhaps that it was sent back unsigned, I asked her to open it. In her words, there it was - "Hey Rob - Neil, Geddy, and Alex". Magic.

Dang I guess I could have sent in my Geddy picture from Syracuse, I wanted to get him to sign it and complete my wall collection. Oh well, there will be time, I'm in no rush to get it signed.

After seeing the great pictures on John Arrowsmith grabbed Tuesday night here, I think I'll be adding more to the wall, going to run out of wall space soon.

QUOTE (tapermike @ Apr 21 2011, 05:16 PM)
QUOTE (frippy @ Apr 21 2011, 11:04 AM)

Peace

2.gif

"Good morning.

Coordinator of Training

2.gif

Cheers,

frippy

I am from New Orleans so it gives me the right to rag on it. It is a drag to live there!

I am from New Orleans too; do not live there anymore though my parents still do.

QUOTE (clive @ Apr 21 2011, 12:47 PM)
Looks like I'm the only one to send to Cleveland, I know it was the worst choice as they were filming, but it was the only choice I had at the time. 
It'll be a week tomorrow since the show, I guess I won't be getting my stuff back.  Congrats to all of those that did!

+1

There is a Signals LP cover floating around dowtown Cleveland somewhere. It was a risk I was willing to take. The memories of the actual show will more than make up for it. What a magical night soon to be watched over and over again in HD.

I had a UPS package from cleveland only to be lost bu UPS!!!!

Someone in lost & found has a signed RBLS poster!

Ok so, I didn't realise this was ever a possibility...

I'm going to the SECC show in Glasgow this Saturday, and would love my vinyl cover of Farewell to Kings signed. It's obviously too late to send in now...is there any way I could just, y'know, hand it in on the day? tongue.gif

QUOTE (RazorwireRyan @ May 9 2011, 09:29 PM)
Ok so, I didn't realise this was ever a possibility...

I'm going to the SECC show in Glasgow this Saturday, and would love my vinyl cover of Farewell to Kings signed. It's obviously too late to send in now...is there any way I could just, y'know, hand it in on the day? tongue.gif

i'm in a similar situation with the gig in Dublin today, am i wasting my time heading to the venue early with the hope of possibly getting something to them? Any advice would be appreciated. People to ask for etc...

Still hoped but for a meet and greet but i'm sure the guys will blow the roof off the place later!

QUOTE (bigrushfan @ May 13 2011, 07:04 PM)
ive sent my farewell to kings tour programme to the rush tour manager at the glasgow secc and hemispheres tour programme to sheffield both stamp addressed envelope I hope and pray I get them back.....dave

There was mail for Liam at the SECC today & the girl I spoke to said they would be handing it all over when they arrive.

Got my 2112 album cover back today signed by all three guys......only thing is they didn't use the silver pan I enclosed but no matter!! biggrin.gif

http://i51.tinypic.com/21ngrbq.jpg

Great news for everyone who has been lucky to get something signed from the guys. The remaining dates for the UK tour what venues would be the best for sending an item to the band. I was going to post something to the Newcastle Metro Arena 21st May. Has anyone had anything signed from that venue. If you could be so kind and post up the addresses of any possible places that are definitely a good bet for getting the item back. I'd hate to send any of my tour books and not see them again. cheers new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif