QUOTE (jmdyyz @ Apr 13 2011, 04:28 PM)
MSG Items back - tour book signed

alex photo signed
MP Signed
Ghostrider Signed
NP Buddy Rich- Signed

Awesome!!

Congrats.

Hope is fading for me. I was at the MSG show last Sunday with my brother-in-law. Great chow (minus the technical hickups with their videos).

I mailed 2 items (Hemisphere vinyl cover and separately mailed copy of Roadshow to Neil) with USPS Deliver Confirmation to the venue early last week to arrive on Thursday or Friday before the show on Sunday. I have not received the confirmation or my items back.

sad.gif

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes...my hope is a little week...send time machine tour book to msg..still waiting

Congrats to those who do!

UPDATE..

OMG...i have the chills all over...my return confirmation was scanned...delivery tomorrow....keep up hope MSGers

Edited by Axeshredder

I"m losing hope as well. Sent a poster to Greensboro and it's not back. Poster definitely got there and was forwarded to the band but that's about all I have so far. So it looks like my Hold Your Fire poster is gone.

Simple request for information :

Has ANYONE (besides jmdyyz) gotten any of their items back (signed or un-signed) from MSG?

I can accept if the items did not get signed by the boys, but to not even get them returned is a bit hard to take (especially since a fully postage pre-paid SASE for all items with enclosed).

sad.gif

Edited by workingman

Thank You 2.gif ....this is from MSG show...what a great bunch of Guys!

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g397/Axe_Shredder/DSCF5716.jpg

...and a very special thanks to the guys on this website who shared the proper information for this to work.

Edited by Axeshredder

I just got these signed photos back from the United Center show in Chicago. I took them at the show last August and sent them to the UC. It's kinda hard to see the autographs, but they're still awesome

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/215734_10150161140333691_623428690_6968665_1625756_n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/216400_10150161140643691_623428690_6968667_1547821_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/221911_10150161140883691_623428690_6968670_3214186_n.jpg

Edited by smocs

sometimes they never get to them & are lost- It sucks!!!

other times they will only sign 2 items

I wish they had rules on their website for this

QUOTE (jmdyyz @ Apr 17 2011, 10:02 AM)

i have to admit...knowing its a crap shoot getting your item back, signed, makes it alot more exciting when you get it

The guys signing our items has been a not-so-well-kept secret among us fans. If we start asking too many questions it will bring too much attention then too many people will start sending stuff and they will have to stop signing for us.

I found this out first hand when I first started asking questions and was chastised...check out the thread at the link below:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=41613&hl=

Peace

2.gif

Edited by The Gorsk

QUOTE (The Gorsk @ Apr 17 2011, 06:29 PM)

The guys signing our items has been a not-so-well-kept secret among us fans. If we start asking too many questions it will bring too much attention then too many people will start sending stuff and they will have to stop signing for us.

I found this out first hand when I first started asking questions and was chastised...check out the thread at the link below:

Peace

2.gif

It's not meant to be a secret mate....Neil talks about it in his book Roadshow

QUOTE (Docmilsap @ Apr 18 2011, 08:31 AM)

Peace

2.gif

I didn't think so either. That is why I emailed Anthem to ask about it (never got a response). If you read the thread that was linked in my post you'll see how others got mad at me for doing so.

Yesterday I sent some emails out to some of the arenas on the tour to find out if they would forward items we send. I just got a response back from the New Orleans arena and this is what they said:

"Good morning.

Sorry, we can not forward items to the artist. However, you may want to visit the artist website directly regarding how to forward fan mail.

Curtis A. Parker, Jr., MPA

Coordinator of Training

SMG/Louisiana Superdome/New Orleans Arena"

2.gif

Edited by The Gorsk

I hear you. I would just like my items back, signed or unsigned, at this point.

Peace

2.gif

This is what Neil said about signing in a Modern Drummer article:

"For almost twenty years I have made the time to answer everybody who has written to me through Modern Drummer. A couple of times a year I would set aside a whole day and spend it reading these letters and writing out postcards in response - at first by hand and later on the keyboard - answering each letter individually and uniquely (i.e. no form letters).

By now the total of those responses would number in the thousands, but I was always able to keep up with them at my own pace. Because I was careful never to talk about it in interviews and such, the numbers stayed under control - it remained "our little secret." Until now.

In the last year or so the number of letters has doubled or tripled all of the sudden, and although it might be flattering to consider this just a reflection of my ever-growing popularity, I know that's not the case.

All it took was a few people to go on the World-Wide GossipNet and start telling people that I had answered their letters through Modern Drummer, and the floodgates were open. These big mouths (or big fingers) have spoiled it for everyone.

Including me. Personally, I feel terrible about this situation, for it has always given me a glow of satisfaction to spend that time on a little bit of altruism - knowing that I might bring a smile to these people's faces, or even encourage them a little bit. However, this is not something I want to devote my life to, and as I face the ever-growing pile of mail in the corner of my office, I know I will never again be able to keep up with it.

So to any of you whose personal messages and requests reside in that pile, I offer my sincere apologies for not answering them. This unfortunate consequence of the much-vaunted Inter-thingy is a shame, and I do regret it.

But hey - it was good while it lasted!

Neil Peart

Toronto, Ontario, Canada"

2.gif

QUOTE (The Gorsk @ Apr 18 2011, 08:57 PM)

Peace

2.gif

"For almost twenty years I have made the time to answer everybody who has written to me through Modern Drummer. A couple of times a year I would set aside a whole day and spend it reading these letters and writing out postcards in response - at first by hand and later on the keyboard - answering each letter individually and uniquely (i.e. no form letters).

By now the total of those responses would number in the thousands, but I was always able to keep up with them at my own pace. Because I was careful never to talk about it in interviews and such, the numbers stayed under control - it remained "our little secret." Until now.

In the last year or so the number of letters has doubled or tripled all of the sudden, and although it might be flattering to consider this just a reflection of my ever-growing popularity, I know that's not the case.

All it took was a few people to go on the World-Wide GossipNet and start telling people that I had answered their letters through Modern Drummer, and the floodgates were open. These big mouths (or big fingers) have spoiled it for everyone.

Including me. Personally, I feel terrible about this situation, for it has always given me a glow of satisfaction to spend that time on a little bit of altruism - knowing that I might bring a smile to these people's faces, or even encourage them a little bit. However, this is not something I want to devote my life to, and as I face the ever-growing pile of mail in the corner of my office, I know I will never again be able to keep up with it.

So to any of you whose personal messages and requests reside in that pile, I offer my sincere apologies for not answering them. This unfortunate consequence of the much-vaunted Inter-thingy is a shame, and I do regret it.

Neil Peart

2.gif

Two totally different situations here. Have you read Roadshow? Neil openly says in his book the band are perfectly happy to sign stuff left at venues after all they're not replying they're only signing autographs which takes a second or two.....go read for yourself! smile.gif

QUOTE (smocs @ Apr 16 2011, 02:18 PM)
I just got these signed photos back from the United Center show in Chicago. I took them at the show last August and sent them to the UC. It's kinda hard to see the autographs, but they're still awesome

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/215734_10150161140333691_623428690_6968665_1625756_n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/216400_10150161140643691_623428690_6968667_1547821_n.jpg

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/221911_10150161140883691_623428690_6968670_3214186_n.jpg

You mind if I lift those and pretend like they were signed for me? wink.gif

QUOTE (Docmilsap @ Apr 18 2011, 05:11 PM)

Peace

2.gif

Neil Peart

2.gif

Two totally different situations here. Have you read Roadshow? Neil openly says in his book the band are perfectly happy to sign stuff left at venues after all they're not replying they're only signing autographs which takes a second or two.....go read for yourself! smile.gif

Ok, Ok I get it.

beathorse.gif

QUOTE (Docmilsap @ Apr 18 2011, 05:11 PM)

Peace

2.gif

Neil Peart

2.gif

But....as Neil stated in the MD situation, I'm sure there's a point where this will become pretty common knowledge, and get out of hand like sending him stuff through MD mag.

When I see people sending multiple items, and multiple times, I can only think GREED! Which to me makes it tougher for people learning this "technique" that want one item signed in the future.

Not to sound like an admonishing parent, but some people really need to mellow out, send your "item" or two, and be happy if you get it back. I can see a point where they walk into a room, and there are 50-100 items to sign...that would turn me off to continuing this practice.

I have my MD postcard from the mid 80's.

I have my Hemispheres album signed by the band from two weeks ago. I'm done, I appreciate that the band took the time to sign my thing. and I don't anticipate sending another item, let someone else that really wants their thing signed get their chance.

I also don't see the logic in emailing the venue!?! If it's mailed there, attn: Someone in their touring party, I'm sure that unless they have strict rules, the package will be delivered....My stock answer would be what you have been receiving confused13.gif

Edited by Jaminbenb

I wish I had been able to send something in to get signed, but was nervous about it getting lost. Had I gotten the second copy of Signals on vinyl from a friend in time I would have tried sending that to the Atlanta show.

It would have been very cool to have gotten a response back from Neil. Too bad that option is gone, but maybe next time I'll just send a thank you note & be done.

QUOTE (The Gorsk @ Apr 18 2011, 09:23 AM)

Peace

2.gif

I didn't think so either. That is why I emailed Anthem to ask about it (never got a response). If you read the thread that was linked in my post you'll see how others got mad at me for doing so.

Yesterday I sent some emails out to some of the arenas on the tour to find out if they would forward items we send. I just got a response back from the New Orleans arena and this is what they said:

"Good morning.

Sorry, we can not forward items to the artist. However, you may want to visit the artist website directly regarding how to forward fan mail.

Curtis A. Parker, Jr., MPA

Coordinator of Training

SMG/Louisiana Superdome/New Orleans Arena"

2.gif

Typical white trash New Orleans