Signed items

Janie

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Nov 10 2010, 02:46 AM)
Judging by this thread, are the odds of getting things you send signed that good? I should try that out.

Yeah...I sent three items (one to each guy) and got two back.

The last thing was not irreplaceable. No worries. wink.gif

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs316.snc4/41148_1580446198906_1468216679_31523370_4909705_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs374.snc4/45766_1599436673656_1468216679_31579746_1027048_n.jpg

Alex signed this to both me and my son! How cool! biggrin.gif

Edited by Rushchick10

As far as sending stuff off to be signed:

I am not one for signatures, HOWEVER, the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking it would be cool to have something signed by the guys (I would actually love to have a book signed by them, but that's a long story as to why). I don't know how Meet and Greets go, so sending something off... is it worth it and am I guaranteed to get it back? And do I actually have to write a letter with it or can I just send something? I'm just wondering how this works considering the only thing I have signed by a celebrity is a book and I happened to have personally literally bumped into the celebrity.

Lately, they have not been allowing autographs at the Meet & Greets (I know, in the case of the one I was at, there were just WAY too many people!). That being said, I sent items to the venue in West Valley City, UT and got two of the three items I sent back with autographs. I also sent a very short letter to each guy. The last thing I sent, I got back along with my letter unsigned (I'm guessing it never made it to Geddy, considering it was sent back to me weeks and weeks after I got the other items. Oh well!).

Many many people send items and get them back signed. I think that it is the minority who don't get their items back. I know the guys have it scheduled into their day to allow time to sign things at the venues.

I think that, if you follow the recommendations of people who have successfully had their items signed and returned, you should have no problems.

**Edited for typo**

Edited by Rushchick10

QUOTE (FoxxiStarr @ Nov 10 2010, 03:09 PM)
My signed Archives album

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt227/DeathGlamIndustries/Rush/DSCF0787.jpg

When did they sign that for you?

The sigs look more detailed than now. Of course that happens with most celebs who sign a lot.

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu78/geddyleesangel2112/2112Oracle.jpg

I don't know if this counts, but, this beauty was signed on June 26th, 2010, when Rush recieved their star on the Walk of Fame.

It was truly magical, in the very meaning of the word.

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif Geddy looked amazing as he always does. He was even two or three inches taller than I.

I'm going to try sending a pair of sticks (still packaged of course) for neil to sign...too bad no one sells the Time Machine Tour sticks here, so a typical NP signature will have to do.

What kind of shipping would be best?

QUOTE (jmdyyz @ Dec 21 2010, 10:52 AM)
I have had some luck - be careful be prepared to lose some items

Its hit or miss

Yeah i really want to send in my Caress of Steel album sleeve but it's in mint condition and i'm really scared of losing it (haha losing it). You think I should roll the bones (haha)?

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 29 2010, 12:17 PM)
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/Picture1861.jpg

I also have my signed MP album cover framed too and hanging next to the tour books.

Man, those tour books look awesome. It would be cool to have all the tour books put up and framed. Sort of like a museum.

Guys and gals, I posted it somewhere around here but I addressed it to Rush c/o Liam and the Venue and address. Received the signed pic about 2 weeks after the show.

I would NOT advise sending anything to MSG to be signed. I have tried to get stuff signed by various people/acts and MSG has just about the worst policies regarding getting items to them. Usually it just gets sent back with no explanation, but I actually did get a letter once from MSG management stating that they did not have time to distribute items.

QUOTE (garyg7133 @ Jan 1 2011, 07:31 AM)
Guys and gals, I posted it somewhere around here but I addressed it to Rush c/o Liam and the Venue and address. Received the signed pic about 2 weeks after the show.

I would NOT advise sending anything to MSG to be signed. I have tried to get stuff signed by various people/acts and MSG has just about the worst policies regarding getting items to them. Usually it just gets sent back with no explanation, but I actually did get a letter once from MSG management stating that they did not have time to distribute items.

Thanks! So would you think like the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville would be a good place? I'm thinking of sending it there.

QUOTE (garyg7133 @ Jan 1 2011, 07:31 AM)

Thanks for that...I was going to send something into MSG, I'll try for another venue.

I've had great luck getting various items signed via the Canadian arenas. Granted, if you're in the US it may take time to get there and you may miss the date altogether. .

Looking at the tour, I have had personal success with the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise Florida, The United Center in Chicago and the Bell Centre in Montreal. I'd be tempted to try the Giant Center in Hershey but I tried for my first Rush item in Allentown in august and the venue sent it back with a letter saying that they didn't even GET IT until the end of September (I sent it a week before the show which was 8/31)

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 29 2010, 12:17 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Sep 24 2010, 08:50 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 20 2010, 07:36 AM)
QUOTE (varney2613 @ Sep 19 2010, 06:20 PM)
QUOTE (SeaTurtle @ Sep 19 2010, 08:05 PM)
I'm not sure about sending a note with it, though, and am wondering if I should bother since it seems they aren't being read.

I'm not sure who is reading them, but someone is. My note was the only place where I wrote my name and since my album was personalized, someone had to have read it.

It can't hurt to throw in a note.

I agree. Send a little note and sign it so they can personalize it for you. And by personalize I mean, they will put your name on it. What I meant by someone not reading notes was that I had included a note attached with my TSOR guitar sheet music. It seems like if someone had read it they would have understood why I was sending it in, why it was special to me and why I wanted Alex to sign it. Also, LM sent something in she wanted personalized for her son but that didn't happen either.

Janie maybe he feels that the sheet music(even only 1 page) would be too easy to sell with his signature on it.

But I included a note with it with my name so he could have easily put my name on it and then what would its worth be on eBay? Not a whole lot is my guess; however, selling is the furthest thing from my mind. I was planning on framing it and putting it next to my other signed items. Here's a pic of my two tour books (along with concert ticket):

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/Picture1861.jpg

I also have my signed MP album cover framed too and hanging next to the tour books.

Hi,

I love how you framed the tour programs with the concert ticket. Can you tell me where I could get those frames?

Thanks!

QUOTE (WorkingMan2112 @ Jan 6 2011, 02:58 PM)
Does anyone know if this works at the 1st Mariner Arena in Baltimore?

Your best bet is to call the arena and see if they have any kind of policy on fan mail. Some places are better than others.

QUOTE (friendlyfloridian @ Jan 18 2011, 12:09 PM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Jan 18 2011, 12:41 PM)
So all I do is mail something I want signed to the venue approx. 1 week before the show pay for return postage and I'll get it back

yes it is that easy! 1022.gif

Who do I address it to?

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Jan 18 2011, 09:41 AM)
So all I do is mail something I want signed to the venue approx. 1 week before the show pay for return postage and I'll get it back

I've used UPS 2nd Day Air to ship item TO the venue. That is traceable, very dependable and should arrive on a known day and date...no guessing like with USPS 2-Day Priority Mail... I've done this successfully 3 different times. Twice, the item came back to me, once it was forwarded to my friend in Wisconsin after being signed by the band. I did have a fail once and an item I was planning to donate to RushCon, signed by the band, never made it to The Con. It DID arrive at the venue (Strarlight Theater in Kansas City) according to UPS (and later confirmed by the Theater via e-mail) and was given to the band. It never made it to The RushCon organizers nor back to me and the USPS postage label for return was never scanned by USPS after I printed it. Oh well, 3 for 4 is pretty darn OK, if you aks me... I've sent items twice to the EnormoAmphitheater in Alpharetta, GA, and once to Red Rocks that have made their way back home after being signed.

My address going in has looked like this:

To: Mr. Peart, Mr. Lifeson and Mr. Lee,

Rush (performing 1/2/03) band or management

c/o: Venue Name

12345 Rock Concert Way

City, ST 12345

PLEASE deliver to the artist or their management

I send it to arrive just ONE day in advance, again with a very dependable and traceable method like UPS 2-Day or Next Day, whatever your budget allows. I worry that stuff lingering around the offices of a major concert venue are way too likely to get lost in the shuffle, even if they're only hanging around for a few days. Arrival one day in advance has worked well.

Inside, include the item, an adhesive return address label that you have already completed, the Sharpie or other marker that can be used to sign your item, any return packaging and an adhesive return postage label (I have used both USPS and UPS to get items back to me...both have worked and if you use a return label created on line, you'll have the return postage and return address label on one piece of paper or sticker). Have everything well organized and grouped as well. Not sure if it matters but I'm trying to make it as easy on the band and their people as possible

I do everything I can to insure that whoever is handling the item has to do NO extra work for me, hopefully making is simple for them and helping to improve the likelihood that I'll actually get my thing back.

Oh, and I usually include a note to the band. I've tried not to go on about how great they are and all the typical fan stuff but usually just share something personal about my enjoyment of the show(s) I've seen recently. One of the items I sent to Red Rocks and I was able to tell them that I had come in from San Fran to see THAT show and was in the crowd that night. I liked thinking about MY item hanging out backstage while I'm out in the crowd enjoying the show! I was "with" the band vicariously through my signed item...

Here are the items I've sent and had returned...good luck with your effort, Jesse!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%20posters/Rushposter001.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%20posters/Kenssignedposter.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%20posters/Rushposter004.jpg

The item that didn't make it to RushCon was the same as the last lithograph. Mine came back from Red Rocks, the one that vaporized was sent to The Starlight in KC.

QUOTE (Huge Ackman @ Jan 18 2011, 01:59 PM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Jan 18 2011, 09:41 AM)

I've used UPS 2nd Day Air to ship item TO the venue. That is traceable, very dependable and should arrive on a known day and date...no guessing like with USPS 2-Day Priority Mail... I've done this successfully 3 different times. Twice, the item came back to me, once it was forwarded to my friend in Wisconsin after being signed by the band. I did have a fail once and an item I was planning to donate to RushCon, signed by the band, never made it to The Con. It DID arrive at the venue (Strarlight Theater in Kansas City) according to UPS (and later confirmed by the Theater via e-mail) and was given to the band. It never made it to The RushCon organizers nor back to me and the USPS postage label for return was never scanned by USPS after I printed it. Oh well, 3 for 4 is pretty darn OK, if you aks me... I've sent items twice to the EnormoAmphitheater in Alpharetta, GA, and once to Red Rocks that have made their way back home after being signed.

My address going in has looked like this:

To: Mr. Peart, Mr. Lifeson and Mr. Lee,

Rush (performing 1/2/03) band or management

c/o: Venue Name

12345 Rock Concert Way

City, ST 12345

PLEASE deliver to the artist or their management

I send it to arrive just ONE day in advance, again with a very dependable and traceable method like UPS 2-Day or Next Day, whatever your budget allows. I worry that stuff lingering around the offices of a major concert venue are way too likely to get lost in the shuffle, even if they're only hanging around for a few days. Arrival one day in advance has worked well.

Inside, include the item, an adhesive return address label that you have already completed, the Sharpie or other marker that can be used to sign your item, any return packaging and an adhesive return postage label (I have used both USPS and UPS to get items back to me...both have worked and if you use a return label created on line, you'll have the return postage and return address label on one piece of paper or sticker). Have everything well organized and grouped as well. Not sure if it matters but I'm trying to make it as easy on the band and their people as possible

I do everything I can to insure that whoever is handling the item has to do NO extra work for me, hopefully making is simple for them and helping to improve the likelihood that I'll actually get my thing back.

Oh, and I usually include a note to the band. I've tried not to go on about how great they are and all the typical fan stuff but usually just share something personal about my enjoyment of the show(s) I've seen recently. One of the items I sent to Red Rocks and I was able to tell them that I had come in from San Fran to see THAT show and was in the crowd that night. I liked thinking about MY item hanging out backstage while I'm out in the crowd enjoying the show! I was "with" the band vicariously through my signed item...

Here are the items I've sent and had returned...good luck with your effort, Jesse!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%20posters/Rushposter001.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%20posters/Kenssignedposter.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%20posters/Rushposter004.jpg

The item that didn't make it to RushCon was the same as the last lithograph. Mine came back from Red Rocks, the one that vaporized was sent to The Starlight in KC.

Well I'll be attending two shows and I think about sending one of my AFTK LP's because I have two and if it does get lost oh well, and or a CD sleeve, Thank You