Signed items

Janie

QUOTE (SeaTurtle @ Sep 19 2010, 08:05 PM)
I'm not sure about sending a note with it, though, and am wondering if I should bother since it seems they aren't being read.

I would definitely recommend sending a note. I sent a note in my album and in an album I sent in for a friend, both albums came back signed and personalized :-)

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PennSt8r @ Sep 18 2010, 06:36 PM)
Got my MP tour book back today signed.  Guess Consol in PGH DOES forward items to the artists.  I am happier than a pig in s...!!!!!  Not sure how to post the photo.

I really hope I get the copy of A Farewell To Kings that I sent to Console back signed. This gives me some hope as well!

QUOTE (varney2613 @ Sep 19 2010, 06:20 PM)
I'm not sure about sending a note with it, though, and am wondering if I should bother since it seems they aren't being read.

I'm not sure who is reading them, but someone is. My note was the only place where I wrote my name and since my album was personalized, someone had to have read it.

It can't hurt to throw in a note.

I agree. Send a little note and sign it so they can personalize it for you. And by personalize I mean, they will put your name on it. What I meant by someone not reading notes was that I had included a note attached with my TSOR guitar sheet music. It seems like if someone had read it they would have understood why I was sending it in, why it was special to me and why I wanted Alex to sign it. Also, LM sent something in she wanted personalized for her son but that didn't happen either.

QUOTE (SeaTurtle @ Sep 19 2010, 07:45 PM)
QUOTE (varney2613 @ Sep 19 2010, 08:20 PM)

I'm not sure who is reading them, but someone is. My note was the only place where I wrote my name and since my album was personalized, someone had to have read it.

All right, thanks. I probably will send a note then.

As far as shipping goes, what would be the best way to package the album along with return packaging and so it doesn't get beat up in the mail? Would I have to send the return packaging seperately or with the album?

Get packages large enough to hold everything and then send them in together, not separately. I always find it helpful to include a confirmation receipt (obtained from the post office) so you can see if and when your package arrives at the venue.

I am home from work today, and saw the mailman pulling up to the house so I went outside to greet him.

He said, "Mail's lite today, only one piece" then he pulled out a familiar looking envelope...sure enough it was the album I had sent to the Pittsburgh show in the postage paid, return envelope.

So yes, the venue did forward the mail to the band!!!

I got my vinyl copy of A Farewell To Kings signed the band, personalized to me and I couldn't be happier :-)

I have had great success this tour, 2 signed albums for myself and one for a friend. I think is amazing that they take the time to do this, it's just another reason that they are the greatest band in the world!!!

http://nyaj.com/images/misc_files/af2k.jpg

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 20 2010, 09:39 AM)
QUOTE (SeaTurtle @ Sep 19 2010, 07:45 PM)
QUOTE (varney2613 @ Sep 19 2010, 08:20 PM)

All right, thanks. I probably will send a note then.

As far as shipping goes, what would be the best way to package the album along with return packaging and so it doesn't get beat up in the mail? Would I have to send the return packaging seperately or with the album?

Get packages large enough to hold everything and then send them in together, not separately. I always find it helpful to include a confirmation receipt (obtained from the post office) so you can see if and when your package arrives at the venue.

Thanks for the help! For my first try at sending something though, I decided it might be better to try something smaller and easier, so I sent out a couple of CD inserts. Here's hoping!

got my tourbook back from pittsburgh yesterday!!!! laugh.gif

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g155/venereal/0920000929.jpg

i emailed the venue just asking if things sent to the band were forwarded and they replied that yes, everything sent was indeed handed over to the band!

sent my Farewell to Kings album out yesterday to Texas!! 1022.gif

I attended the Bristow VA show (awesome night, to say the least). I took a chance and mailed a couple items to the boys (with postage pre-paid envelopes, hand-written letter, etc...).

Guess what I got in the mail today .......

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20Signed%20Items/MovingPictures_sig1a.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20Signed%20Items/MovingPictures_sig2a.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20Signed%20Items/NP_sig2a.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/jjguay/Rush%20Signed%20Items/NP_sig1a.jpg

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (rusher @ Sep 22 2010, 05:27 PM)
I sent in this picture to the Bristow VA venue. applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

Very cool they take the time to sign items.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/photostart/Rush.jpg

You got yours back already!!!??? ohmy.gif

I'm still waiting for my Hemisperes poster from Bristow...maybe today...maybe today unsure.gif

QUOTE (Motorshooter @ Sep 23 2010, 08:54 AM)
QUOTE (rusher @ Sep 22 2010, 05:27 PM)
I sent in this picture to the Bristow VA venue. applaudit.gif  applaudit.gif

Very cool they take the time to sign items.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/photostart/Rush.jpg

You got yours back already!!!??? ohmy.gif

I'm still waiting for my Hemisperes poster from Bristow...maybe today...maybe today unsure.gif

I see that you're in VA too. Hmm. Are you having them send it back to you in one of those poster tubes? Maybe they take a bit longer to be shipped.

Hopefully it will arrive in the next couple of days.

good news IT ARRIVED TODAY !!!!!

Yes, autographed too and with a little note to me ...not from Neil, but from Alex and Geddy!

Alex signed the poster and wrote "Hi Larry, Geddy signed too but with a HEY LARRY!

Truely a class act. All three signed my Hemispheres album poster

I'll post pics this weekend

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Sep 23 2010, 05:02 PM)
Purchased a sealed copy of A Show of Hands on Ebay...

...just sent it off to Tampa today.

Following Janie's instructions to the letter, as I did for Holmdel and am hoping for the best!

2.gif  AlexFinal.gif  2.gif  NeilFinal.gif  2.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  2.gif

Any confirmation that the Tampa venue will forward items to the band?

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 20 2010, 07:36 AM)

I agree. Send a little note and sign it so they can personalize it for you. And by personalize I mean, they will put your name on it. What I meant by someone not reading notes was that I had included a note attached with my TSOR guitar sheet music. It seems like if someone had read it they would have understood why I was sending it in, why it was special to me and why I wanted Alex to sign it. Also, LM sent something in she wanted personalized for her son but that didn't happen either.

Janie maybe he feels that the sheet music(even only 1 page) would be too easy to sell with his signature on it.

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 20 2010, 10:36 AM)

What's weird about it is that I signed each of the notes (and there was one for each of them in it's own envelope, with a family photo of us) from Kathy, David and Niall - so you'd think that if they we're not going to follow the direction of the letter and personalize it to who I asked (Niall) that they would put it to the persons that signed the letter (Kathy, David and Niall)...instead, it was just to Kathy and David. Just weird... confused13.gif

*edited to say that I'm not complaining by any means, I am so happy that I have something signed by them...I'm just sad that I don't have something signed to my son, which was the point of sending it in...*

Edited by LakesideMaiden

SOOOOOO stoked!!! After being a fan for 33+ years, relentlessly trying to place myself in areas to meet/get autographs, eagerly scooping up (in order!) 8 tracks, LPs cassettes, posters, shirts, CDs, VHS, laser disc, DVD, Blu Ray, any boot I could purchase (yes even the hissy audience ones), this would have been the ONLY chance I would ever have of doing such things (Thank you to all on here that provided info on this!!). I sent out a couple posters and got them both back, one with signatures. Strangely Al must have been absent, but still.....this is so huge to me. smile.gif After having one of the worst nights ever at work, I came home to find this in my mailbox

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac251/yyz98/P9241315.jpg

I've got a really good question.

What if your time schedule complicates with the tour and cannot get the item signed during the tour?

If so, can you send the item to Anthem Records and hope that you can get it signed?

If anyone's got an answer for me, I'd be forever grateful.

QUOTE (2112Oracle @ Sep 25 2010, 04:13 AM)
I've got a really good question.

What if your time schedule complicates with the tour and cannot get the item signed during the tour?
If so, can you send the item to Anthem Records and hope that you can get it signed?

If anyone's got an answer for me, I'd be forever grateful.

No that won't work i'm afraid.

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 24 2010, 01:36 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 20 2010, 10:36 AM)

What's weird about it is that I signed each of the notes (and there was one for each of them in it's own envelope, with a family photo of us) from Kathy, David and Niall - so you'd think that if they we're not going to follow the direction of the letter and personalize it to who I asked (Niall) that they would put it to the persons that signed the letter (Kathy, David and Niall)...instead, it was just to Kathy and David. Just weird... confused13.gif

*edited to say that I'm not complaining by any means, I am so happy that I have something signed by them...I'm just sad that I don't have something signed to my son, which was the point of sending it in...*

Why didn't you just send in one photo and say please sign it for my son if that is what you wanted?

Definitely a bit of too much of a good thing going on with a few here when you send in multiple things to multiple places, right?

I just sent my one item to Tampa...I saw the Camden and Allentown shows, but didn't have the time to hit the post office until today.

Wish me luck.

trink39.gif

p.s. On topic, I bought an Andy Timmons Band T-shirt from his website and it came with a personalized note and signature. I wasn't expecting that..very cool.

Edited by jdouglas

I predict that this will collapse as this grows - one of those things that we will one day say "hey, it was good while it lasted". With their increasing popularity these days and with this autograph opportunity catching on rapidly, I can see the writing on the wall....