Signed items

Janie

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I sent in an earlier reply, sent a tourbook to Consol. I addressed it to "Attn: Liam Birt - Rush Tour Manager" so hopefully they would forward it since it was sent to an actual person. I know they could just toss it, but since it was addressed to someone you would think they would forward it. I am hoping at least since I only bought the tour book a week ago just to send it to the venue.

Guess what finally came in the mail today? My tour book from Wichita. This show was four weeks ago. Why I'm receiving my tour book now is beyond me. Once again it's personalized, which is very nice, I appreciate that. But once again, my sheet music comes back unsigned by Alex. WTF? Seriously! I'm actually quite upset about this. Why can he not sign this? I know it isn't a matter of my sending in multiple items because other people are having multiple items signed. A couple years back he gives away one of his amps to a fan yet he can't sign a piece of paper for me? And there's no explanation given. Does he not sign things sent specifically to him? I attached a note which I thought I had worded nice enough. I just wanted Alex to sign it for me. I don't know what to make of this. But I'm actually pretty ticked off. And before anyone says something along the lines of, "I should be grateful they sign things at all..." just shut up because I know that. I am grateful that they are signing things. I'm simply confused as to why this item in particular isn't getting signed. It's the sheet music for TSOR which was the first song that made me a Rush song. It's a very special song for me.

QUOTE (nerkinouj @ Sep 17 2010, 01:05 PM)
What if you tried sending just the sheet music??

Just a thought.

But I'm assuming he doesn't (or won't) sign this sheet music. It has come back twice. That's what I'm curious about. It doesn't make sense to me why other packages that contain multiple items are being signed yet this keeps coming back, unsigned. Either Alex doesn't personally sign individual items or he has a dreaded fear of sheet music.

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 17 2010, 06:34 PM)

Just a thought.

But I'm assuming he doesn't (or won't) sign this sheet music. It has come back twice. That's what I'm curious about. It doesn't make sense to me why other packages that contain multiple items are being signed yet this keeps coming back, unsigned. Either Alex doesn't personally sign individual items or he has a dreaded fear of sheet music.

Send him a nice little letter along with it warning that if he doesn't sign your sheet music, you'll stop having outrageously stupendously mindblowing sex with him in your fantasies.

See how that goes over. wink.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 17 2010, 04:16 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 17 2010, 06:34 PM)

Just a thought.

Send him a nice little letter along with it warning that if he doesn't sign your sheet music, you'll stop having outrageously stupendously mindblowing sex with him in your fantasies.

See how that goes over. wink.gif

Maybe he's sore at me because I make fun of him all the time over in the Rush Captions thread.

"Oh God, it's her! No! Just, no! Oh hell no I ain't signing anything for her!"

QUOTE (Digital Signals @ Sep 13 2010, 08:26 PM)
I was going to send a CD insert to CONSOL Energy Center, but saw on their website that they "cannot accept autograph/photograph requests by mail". Sent to Boston instead, we'll see what happens.

sent my Time Machine tour book there (Pittsburgh) last week to get signed...i know it was rec'd. i sure hope it's returned!!! i'm kinda bummed too unsure.gif

QUOTE (2112freak @ Sep 17 2010, 10:38 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Signals @ Sep 13 2010, 08:26 PM)
I was going to send a CD insert to CONSOL Energy Center, but saw on their website that they "cannot accept autograph/photograph requests by mail".  Sent to Boston instead, we'll see what happens.

sent my Time Machine tour book there (Pittsburgh) last week to get signed...i know it was rec'd. i sure hope it's returned!!! i'm kinda bummed too unsure.gif

y'know....after reading the site, i'm 'assuming' the autograph/photograph requests via mail is concerning the Pittsburgh Penquins who play there. i sent it "c/o RUSH tour manager".

at least, that's what I'm considering at this moment, so i can sleep tonite!! after reading the previous posts about the Consol Energy Center, i felt ill about sending my tourbook there 062802puke_prv.gif

i just came across a copy of Exit Stage Left on vinyl at a local Goodwill store. i think i'm gonna pick it up and ROLL THE BONES and send it to another date next week!

Got my tour book back, signed, today - personalized....to Dave and me, not to Niall sad.gif Happy that it's signed, yes, and happy that it's personalized, yes...sad that it's not personalized to Niall which makes me think that they don't get anything else from the packages besides the items to sign and a post-it with the names from the bottom of the enclosed notes sad.gif

PS. I'll post a picture once I have a free moment to take one (I'm still editing, resizing and watermarking my 300+ pictures from Boston smile.gif )

Edited by LakesideMaiden

I never knew this was done, and that the band actually signed these things!

I think I'll send two items to Atlanta.

I may send one of Neil's books separate, for him to sign.

As for a band signature, I'm thinking something I would frame and hang,

maybe my Permanent Waves album cover (with the headline intact).

I dunno.

In any event that would be really cool to get a personalized signature!

QUOTE (lifestruggledeath @ Sep 18 2010, 03:25 AM)
anybody receive anything from the NJ show?

I just got my stuff back from NJ today!

I wish I had waited a little more before assuming that the band didn't get my stuff because I went out and got another copy of Hemispheres to send out. Oh well, I guess you can never have too much Rush.

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae184/varney2613/Photo0031.jpg

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 17 2010, 11:44 PM)
Got my tour book back, signed, today - personalized....to Dave and me, not to Niall sad.gif Happy that it's signed, yes, and happy that it's personalized, yes...sad that it's not personalized to Niall which makes me think that they don't get anything else from the packages besides the items to sign and a post-it with the names from the bottom of the enclosed notes sad.gif

PS. I'll post a picture once I have a free moment to take one (I'm still editing, resizing and watermarking my 300+ pictures from Boston smile.gif )

That's too bad. sad.gif I have no idea who is in charge of handing the items to the guys, but it is a shame that (so it seems) personalized notes aren't being read.

QUOTE (PennSt8r @ Sep 18 2010, 04:36 PM)
Got my MP tour book back today signed. Guess Consol in PGH DOES forward items to the artists. I am happier than a pig in s...!!!!! Not sure how to post the photo.

You can create a Photobucket account (free) and upload your photo there and then using their IMG code, paste the pic here.

Just a thought.

I almost might do this just to see what happens. I've already spent a decent chunk of change though on all this but I'm absolutely dying to know why Alex can't/won't/doesn't sign this??

QUOTE (PennSt8r @ Sep 18 2010, 06:36 PM)
Got my MP tour book back today signed. Guess Consol in PGH DOES forward items to the artists. I am happier than a pig in s...!!!!! Not sure how to post the photo.

THIS gives me hope! wink.gif

regardless, i just came across F2K on vinyl so i'm gonna send that out this week....what's the best that can happen? i'll own TWO things signed by 2.gif

I'm thinking of sending a copy of 2112 on vinyl out on Tuesday to try and get it to Houston for the 25th. I haven't sent anything before and am nervous about not getting it back, so I figured I'd send 2112 since I have doubles.

I'm not sure about sending a note with it, though, and am wondering if I should bother since it seems they aren't being read.

QUOTE (SeaTurtle @ Sep 19 2010, 08:05 PM)
I'm not sure about sending a note with it, though, and am wondering if I should bother since it seems they aren't being read.

I'm not sure who is reading them, but someone is. My note was the only place where I wrote my name and since my album was personalized, someone had to have read it.

It can't hurt to throw in a note.

QUOTE (varney2613 @ Sep 19 2010, 08:20 PM)
QUOTE (SeaTurtle @ Sep 19 2010, 08:05 PM)

I'm not sure who is reading them, but someone is. My note was the only place where I wrote my name and since my album was personalized, someone had to have read it.

It can't hurt to throw in a note.

All right, thanks. I probably will send a note then.

As far as shipping goes, what would be the best way to package the album along with return packaging and so it doesn't get beat up in the mail? Would I have to send the return packaging seperately or with the album?