Air Canada July 17 - cameras allowed?

RushCanuck

Hi.... this is my first post... hope i do it correctly.

I saw 'Camera Policy' phone number on the Air Canada website. Since i am lucky enough to be going July 17, i phoned to check out Air Canada's camera policy for the Rush July 17 show. Last week i saw Rush at Sarnia Bayfest and there was no problem bringing a camera. We took lots of great pictures. But you can never get enough of a good thing, right?

I managed to speak to a human at the Air Canada camera policy phone number Wed morning (July 14). She said 'No cameras allowed for July 17'. I am dumbfounded... am i missing something? What if you try to bring a camera and this policy is for real? do they deny access? Do they confiscate it? Was this young lady misguided? thanks for any clarification.

Bring the camera. Sneak it in, whatever. Take some photos. They aren't going to compare to professional photos taken with premission using Nikon D-3's and incredible lenses. I really don't know what the big deal is with cameras anymore really.

That's old news nowdays. Look at all the vids on youtube already. Think the band dosent see them? They probably watch some of them just to see how the show is doing. It probably helps them tighten up certain elements of the show if there is any doubt in the performance.

How can it hurt?

What? Afraid of a mistake or two getting out for everyone to see? Big deal they are still human beings and at this stage, I really don't think it bothers them too much anymore.

They are well aware of youtube and how the fans are just waiting for a train wreck. Geddy even said that sometimes they deliver on that for the fans.

It's all good. It's RUSH!

Celebrate the moment.

Yeah, bring the camera. Just go early enough so if they don't let you in with it you can run it back to the car.

QUOTE (briremo @ Jul 16 2010, 06:54 AM)
Yeah, bring the camera. Just go early enough so if they don't let you in with it you can run it back to the car.

Well, don't go walking in with it in your hand. Tie it to your leg, or around your waist near a place where they won't be padding you down.

If they have metal detectors make sure you put coins and keys and your celphone in your pockets. After unloading that stuff, chances are they haven't got that much time to do a full body cavity search.

You're in.

I think the no camera policy is in place more for big, pro pic or vid cameras. A little digital one should get a pass, but that's a risk for you to take-- or not. There were people with cameras at the last 2 ACC shows I went to, Metallica and King/Taylor; But did they sneak them in or did they find a lenient gatekeeper?

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jul 15 2010, 09:30 PM)
All I know is that the ACC show will pale in comparison to the Molson one. Seriously, nothing will beat that Molson show.

Except the Ottawa Bluesfest and the Quebec Summer fest in front of over 30,000 people tongue.gif

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Jul 15 2010, 10:01 PM)
Bring the camera. Sneak it in, whatever. Take some photos. They aren't going to compare to professional photos taken with premission using Nikon D-3's and incredible lenses. I really don't know what the big deal is with cameras anymore really.

That's old news nowdays. Look at all the vids on youtube already. Think the band dosent see them? They probably watch some of them just to see how the show is doing. It probably helps them tighten up certain elements of the show if there is any doubt in the performance.

How can it hurt?
What? Afraid of a mistake or two getting out for everyone to see? Big deal they are still human beings and at this stage, I really don't think it bothers them too much anymore.

They are well aware of youtube and how the fans are just waiting for a train wreck. Geddy even said that sometimes they deliver on that for the fans.

Celebrate the moment.

Christ... here we go again.

What part of NO CAMERAS ALLOWED don't you understand? It doesn't matter if it's a throw away or professional, etc., etc., etc. - the rule for that show is NO CAMERAS ALLOWED.

Further, YES, it does bother Geddy, Alex, & Neil and I've seen them give nasty looks to many an offender. So, how about having some respect for the venue and most importantly, the band, and just leave the cameras at home.

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Jul 17 2010, 11:19 AM)

How can it hurt?

Celebrate the moment.

What part of NO CAMERAS ALLOWED don't you understand? It doesn't matter if it's a throw away or professional, etc., etc., etc. - the rule for that show is NO CAMERAS ALLOWED.

Further, YES, it does bother Geddy, Alex, & Neil and I've seen them give nasty looks to many an offender. So, how about having some respect for the venue and most importantly, the band, and just leave the cameras at home.

What if the flash is off?

I assume it's the flash that bothers them

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Jul 17 2010, 10:19 AM)

How can it hurt?

Celebrate the moment.

Wow, how about removing the stick, huh? In an age where there's a camera built into every cell phone (cameras that rival many point-and-shoot models), the era of NO F*KING CAMERAS NO MATTER WHAT!!!! is over.

I don't know why you seem to take it so badly, but you're just going to have to get over it.

We walked into the ACC tonight without even being checked. My buddy brought a compact digital camera and we were right by an usher. Nobody questioned us at all. I can't wait to see the pics he took.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jul 17 2010, 10:43 AM)
QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Jul 17 2010, 10:19 AM)

How can it hurt?

Celebrate the moment.

Wow, how about removing the stick, huh? In an age where there's a camera built into every cell phone (cameras that rival many point-and-shoot models), the era of NO F*KING CAMERAS NO MATTER WHAT!!!! is over.

I don't know why you seem to take it so badly, but you're just going to have to get over it.

no shit.......take the damn camera in, and don't use a flash. you pay a small fortune for a ticket, why not snap a few pictures??

How can it hurt?

Celebrate the moment.

What part of no drugs allowed does everyone else not understand as well?

If there were as many cameras as joints going around at the 7/5 Chicago show, it would have been the most documented show of the tour so far.

Dude next to me smoking a joint, me taking pictures. He forgets the show, I have photographic memories.

Seriously though....

Security didn't stop me BTW. If they did, they would also have to have stopped about 2,000 others. I was two rows in front of Howard. All those guys in the tent with him could have sent security out to stop me.

They didn't. Know why?

Because when they looked out at the stage, all they saw was a sea of fans holding up their digital cameras, celphones taking stills and video. All night long.

I guess it's really no big deal after all.

Anyone know about Mohegan Sun Arena policy?

At the ACC I spoke PERSONALLY to a Rush staff member yesterday afternoon. I asked him IN PERSON AND showing him my camera (Canon 40D)... "So, can I get this in Tonight???" He said "Wait a minute" and phoned "The Big Guy" in charge (I told him I also had a Rebel XT--lower quality) just in case. He hung up, and said excatly this "You may have more chance with the Rebel XT, but what really matters is the lense : NO ZOOM LENSE, other than that there doesn't appear to be a problem."

When we got to the ACC later for the concert, they had all these warning signs about "No Cameras of any kind will be allowed". I walked right to the gate with my Rebel XT around my neck IN PLAIN SIGHT. The big huge humongous linebacker black Security guy in a bright yellow shirt politely asked me if he could take a look at my lense... I said "Of course!" he looked at it, and went "55mms??? Go right in Sir and have a nice evening!"

People were shooting happily all night long.

There you go, end of story.

Neil doesn't like it?? Then maybe he should stay home and play chess with his Golden Age buddies... This is 2010,

QUOTE (Supersyl @ Jul 18 2010, 09:46 PM)
At the ACC I spoke PERSONALLY to a Rush staff member yesterday afternoon. I asked him IN PERSON AND showing him my camera (Canon 40D)... "So, can I get this in Tonight???" He said "Wait a minute" and phoned "The Big Guy" in charge (I told him I also had a Rebel XT--lower quality) just in case. He hung up, and said excatly this "You may have more chance with the Rebel XT, but what really matters is the lense : NO ZOOM LENSE, other than that there doesn't appear to be a problem."

When we got to the ACC later for the concert, they had all these warning signs about "No Cameras of any kind will be allowed". I walked right to the gate with my Rebel XT around my neck IN PLAIN SIGHT. The big huge humongous linebacker black Security guy in a bright yellow shirt politely asked me if he could take a look at my lense... I said "Of course!" he looked at it, and went "55mms??? Go right in Sir and have a nice evening!"

Neil doesn't like it?? Then maybe he should stay home and play chess with his Golden Age buddies... This is 2010,

Good. No "zoom" lens. I bring in my Pentax K1000 35mm film SLR with a FIXED 135mm telephoto lens. Not a "zoom" lens and no flash. I still crotch the camera in two pieces because it "looks" professional, but what they all don't know is that a lot of celphones take better photos than my old Pentax does.

Carry on......

QUOTE (Supersyl @ Jul 18 2010, 09:46 PM)

Good. No "zoom" lens. I bring in my Pentax K1000 35mm film SLR with a FIXED 135mm telephoto lens. Not a "zoom" lens and no flash. I still crotch the camera in two pieces because it "looks" professional, but what they all don't know is that a lot of celphones take better photos than my old Pentax does.

Carry on......

I was right up by Alex the entire 7/5 show... taking pictures with my camera phone. He did not give me any "looks" or anything. He was actually kind of doing funny poses in front of people laugh.gif And some security guy walked up behind us and said, "We don't mind if you take pictures, but just no flash."

I got my - pretty decent - camera in for the 7/7 show. Too bad it rained. wacko.gif Thankfully it didn't get ruined! But yeah, I'm sure if you're not too obvious about it, getting a camera in should be fine. No one - at least at the few venues I've been to - haven't minded or tried to stop me from taking pictures once in there.

At the Molson show my friend and i got there super early. There were only about 4 or so people in line front of us (back lawn enterance) and right away they told me "no way will you get in with that"

1 security guard showed up about 2 hours before the doors opened just to stand guard. I asked him and he said he didnt know until he gets his sheet of aproved items right before the doors open.

About 10 minutes he went back inside the gate to have his pre show meeting with the other guards and moments before they opened the gates he shouted at me through the gates that my camera was good to go!

Got over 100 awesome pics

How can it hurt?

Celebrate the moment.

I was at the PNC show for Snakes and Arrows and had a seat two seats from the side of the stage. At one point, a girl was trying to take a picture of Alex. He stopped and posed for her. As she was taking a long time, he actually used the fingers on his right hand, while playing a song, to motion to her to hurry up. He definitely didn't seem to mind getting his pic taken, and seemed to be encouraging it.