Still no VIP package

elvtnedge

QUOTE (quickfree @ Jul 28 2010, 04:38 PM)
Just got the VIP package today. Biggest surprise I thought was the guitar picks and magnet thats also for sale at backstage club. Don't remember if this was mentioned as part of the original package, but it seemed like a little extra something thrown in to make up for the shipping delay.

The guitar picks were always meant to be part of the set. There was no mention of the magnet, but I wouldn't consider it an "extra" under any circumstance. The picks are barely held in their case and so any vertical placement causes them to fall out for the most part; if you lay it horizontally, you can't get them out. So I don't know what metal surfaces would be reasonable to place a set of guitar picks on. There are 1000 other ways they could have given us a little "extra" for the shipping delays rather than unnecessarily adding a magnet to guitar picks. confused13.gif

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, received packages today!!!!! Three VIP packs - - of course our Mohegan Sun concert was LAST Monday!

The package includes the magnet with picks - - really different and neat.

The shirt is NOT a TIME MACHINE TOUR shirt, it is a charcoal grey shirt with the Pink (First Album Font) logo across the breast.

The FLY-BY-NIGHT OWL poster has STARMEN eyes - - THAT is MOSt COOL!!!!

New songs CD, Documentary DVD, Time Machine Tour Program included.

I can't kick about the value of this package!!! It's almost like getting the show for free!!!

But, I would have liked to have received this package in a more timely manner.

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jul 28 2010, 10:19 PM)
Finally, received packages today!!!!! Three VIP packs - - of course our Mohegan Sun concert was LAST Monday!

The shirt is NOT a TIME MACHINE TOUR shirt, it is a charcoal grey shirt with the Pink (First Album Font) logo across the breast.

I can't kick about the value of this package!!! It's almost like getting the show for free!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

the only bummer for me is i would have liked a time machine themed shirt.... i think most fans of the ilk that bought the vip pkg. would similarly have liked that instead of this shirt...

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jul 28 2010, 10:19 PM)

Hare biggrin.gif

I too noticed the Starman eyes on the owl! I love the poster. Probably wouldn't have purchased it, but it's cool to have and I am getting it matted and framed. (Matches our bedroom color scheme!)

Package arrived today!! 1022.gif 653.gif bncegrn.gif common001.gif applaudit.gif

LOVE THE POSTER!!

Wish shipping had been faster, but at least I got my shirt before the show. yes.gif

Pick were cool, they will be a gift so I don't care about the mounting.

2.gif

3 weeks to go! 1022.gif

Fanfire: 800-767-7160

First, they will tell you there is 'no way' they can track your package, but then you tell them to go on ahead and look it up because you are getting tired of the waiting.....

I guess I must have been one of the earliest to have mine delivered. It arrived sometime last week, but I had it shipped to my parent's house. I haven't been there to even see it yet. I'm excited for Sunday, when I will be visiting!

I called them from work today to check on the status. They claim that it was shipped out on the 21st. Nice to see that they are giving me VIP treatment by shipping it by the slowest method possible. How much you want to bet that when I get home today from work that the package still hasn't arrived?

QUOTE (yyz98 @ Jul 30 2010, 12:21 AM)
Fanfire: 800-767-7160

First, they will tell you there is 'no way' they can track your package, but then you tell them to go on ahead and look it up because you are getting tired of the waiting.....

thanks - Ill be giving them a call for sure.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 26 2010, 05:23 PM)
No email. No word.  No goods.  No idea whats going on.

Edit: My show was 7/21.

Same here.I'm a little confused.My girlfriend bought "pre-sale VIP tickets" from a broker and recieved the tix and a parking pass a coupla weeks before the show but no e-mail confirmation regarding merchandise. Did she purchase something different than the "VIP package"? The ticket actually says VIP on the edge.

I'm assuming there is a difference between "VIP tix" and VIP package? I don't know seems a little misleading and overly complicated.The whole ticket buying process for concerts is a nightmare.

EDIT: ok I just read the thread more carefully.I guess there was VIP and Premium.Two different deals.Right?

Edited by oldphilly

I got home from work today and both of my VIP merch packages were waiting for me. Yippee!

The Rush shirt is actually kind of cool even though it's not a tour shirt. Not impressed with the poster. Would've been worth framing if it was bigger and if the Owl wasn't cut off so much. Can't wait to watch the second DVD of the Doc.

I got the package today also.

One problem...no shirt...everything else was there but the shirt.

There is an 800 # on the package...going to call them and find out where the shirt is.

This should be fun...wonder how this will end...

Finally arrived today, but only 1 out of 2. Ordered 2 for the same show and only 1 came so far. Different size shirts, so that might be why. One med and one large. The medium came. They might be shipping by shirt size. Sucks for those of you who didn't get the shirt. Did you order XL? Some mentioned a problem with the larger sizes so hopefully for you they are just shipping later.

The poster is way small (more like oversized legal paper) but it is sturdier than most posters. Strange thats its FBN for a time machine tour, but I guess its different with the starman eyes mentioned above (I do wonder whoes idea it was).

The shirt runs on the small side (got a med which is usually big on me but it is tight). Simple but if it is exclusive than its ok.

The pics don't really fit in the case tightly and were all over the place. Had to open to put them back.

Most exciting part is the CD. Finally get to hear the new songs the way they were meant to be heard...uncompressed.

BOTLS DVD...can't wait to see the extras. Saw it in the theater but the extras should be kool. Sucks that those of us who got the package had to wait longer than everyone else. Great planning by FanFare!

Good luck to those that haven't got it yet. Does seem they are trickling in now (I'm in Jersey). Hopefully we all have them by the end of the tour. Really sucks for those whoes shows have already gone past, but hopefully we all get to sport the stuff for a Clockwork Angles tour next year (PCD be damned).

Anyone going to one of the non-Ticketmaster shows? I'm going to Wichita (8/20) which is using Select-A-Seat, and my order was placed with an incorrect email address (which was corrected last week), bit I have thus so far not received any email with redemption codes for the VIP package. Has anyone else gotten VIP merch from a Select-A-Seat show like Wichita? If so, can you post the email address from which your redemption codes were sent?

Went to the show in Toronto on July 13. Still no packages (both me and my dad).

I have had mixed success with contacting Fanfire. I emailed and called. Both sources could confirm that the packages were shipped July 19, but the period of time has been disputed. One source tells me 5-7 business days, the other says up to 24 days for Canada.

I actually created an account just so I could post and see if anyone else had trouble with these packages. And I love the no-tracking statement. Spend hundreds on our package, and we will send it to you through the underground railroad!

I better get it this week.

I'm putting my second one up on eBay soon... I got one for me, one for my wife, hers (shirt size medium) came first, and got opened. The second, I'm not even opening. I'd never wear that shirt, and everything else in there is a duplicate of something I've already got, so.... eBay, here I come. If I can recoup a bit of the stupid amount of money I spent, I'll feel a little better about getting ripped off (yes, I consider this experience a ripoff).

My show was 7/21. I finally got the two VIP packages, one Monday and one Tues. I had checked the order status link over the weekend and there was no shipping update, so that coupled with the non-response to a couple emails requesting a shipping update means the order status site is useless.

T-shirt -- Very cool RUSH explosion shirt. Nothing to do with the tour, but very stylish. And with the fact my wife wants it and my step daughter complemented it, two thumbs up!

Caravan single -- bncegrn.gif and I guess it's a collectors item since BU2B plays first.

Working Man CD -- Can't have enough live Rush on CD. Even if I, er, have it all already smile.gif

Poster -- It's pretty cool, with the starman logo in the owls eyes. And it's numbered alright (#2663). Nice poster, but odd size for a frame. But, it will get one. Has nothing to do with the tour though.

Behind the lighted stage -- I had already bought the bluray since i couldn't wait. This will be gifted to some lucky friend. Awesome film! trink38.gif

Tour program- NICE! Glad i didn't slip up and buy one at the show.

Rush guitar picks- nice magnetic holder, but the picks don't stay on it well. If it's on anything that gets opened frequently, like a fridge, prepare to pick the picks off the floor a lot. Not a good design- the picks needed to be fit more snuggly- but cool to look at.

There you have it. Don't give up Hope peoples.. they're coming. trink39.gif

(They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!)

* Specially Designed Rush Concert Shirt

* Collectible Tour Poster (limited edition, numbered)

* Official Rush Tour Program

* Limited Edition Rush CD Single (Caravan/BU2B)

* Rush Documentary DVD Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage

* Rush compilation CD Working Men

* Set of official Rush guitar picks

I got everything today, but do they mean an explosion t shirt as they are talking about a "specially designed Rush Concert Shirt"???? confused13.gif confused13.gif