Just ordered Different Stages

Peart 2112

It's still the best live CD compilation IMO! The Farewell to Kings bonus Cd is just awesome! I went ahead in inserted GUP Live CD into as well just to complete the Different Stages in my Mind!

1022.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 14 2010, 11:50 PM)
It's still the best live CD compilation IMO! The Farewell to Kings bonus Cd is just awesome! I went ahead in inserted GUP Live CD into as well just to complete the Different Stages in my Mind!

1022.gif

I'm gonna get GUP live too when I buy Replay X 3 next paycheck.

QUOTE (Peart 2112 @ Jul 14 2010, 10:45 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jul 14 2010, 11:40 PM)
Have you heard it?

If not, wait til you hear the live CD !! 1022.gif  1022.gif  2.gif  trink39.gif

I've heard a few tracks off it. 2112 live in its entirety is one of the reasons why I bought it.

I was there at Great Woods the night they recorded that song!!

It's a great album, I listened to it yesterday as a matter of fact.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 14 2010, 10:50 PM)
The Farewell to Kings bonus Cd is just awesome!

oh yeah, that was the reason I bought it. I hadnt yet discovered bootlegs when I got it so it was the first time I ever heard Cygnus X-1, AFTK, and Cinderella Man live before.

I was the show they did Show Don't Tell.

6th row baby. What a superb night that was.

This is my second favorite live record from them. Exit Stage Left is still my numero uno and although I know they did some studio clean up and the such it still captures the band at their absolute peak in live performance, and the sound they had during that period in time. To me Exit Stage Left is the signature Rush sound. The Gold standard.

But Different Stages is amazing. The sonic quality is unreal, the setlist is superb and the bonus disc of the AFTK tour is a huge treat and a great performance as well.

My fav's from that album are

Dreamline

Show Don't Tell

Analog Kid

Animate

Natural Science

Bravado

Freewill

Limelight

Resist

Driven

Neils Drum Solo

And the bonus disc

Xanadu

Anthem

Cygnus X-1

Cinderella Man

I just ordered this. Amazingly Ive never really been aware of this recording and what it was. I was on this tour stop in WPB with my good buddy Mark LeClair. We sprang for the big dollar scalper seats for 4th row seat in front of Alex. Cost? $80 more than double face value. Harf to beleive. I can't wait to hear it cause I remember this as being on of the best shows I've ever been to. And boy howdy, Ive seen a bunch. Thanks for bringing this up!

STILL...my most favorite Rush CD - overall.

Because I was there. My favorite band, in my hometown. How much cooler can that get?

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Kozmo4Rush/100_1385.jpg

Listen to Driven, especially the crowd. You will hear a guy yell, "Shake it off, Alex".

Do you know the story behind that???

I love that CD so much that I had the cover tatooed on my leg:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Kozmo4Rush/DSTatoo.jpg

(Always nice to talk about this disc! Time for another listen - for like the umpteenth trillionth time).

I got this cd way back when it first came out, and I remember it came with a "digital sculpture/visual" program on Disc 1 called ClusterWorks.

It was back in the Windows 95/98 era and was kind of neat (for it's time, anyway...) and was kind of cool that Rush included a free program for people with computers...(no, not everyone had computers back then....) old.gif

As much as DS is a great live album nothing eclipses Exit Stage Left as far as a record goes. If they had included Limelight, The Camera Eye, and Vital Signs it would be beyond perfection and yes Neil...you did play The Camera Eye like 270 times before this tour regardless of what you say in the new tour book.

GUP Live is my 2nd favorite live disc from them.

I actually for some reason overlooked this compilation album. Maybe because i tend to do with with compilations, anyways i just listened to it and WOW i was really blown away. I especially loved disk 3 but they were all soo great sounding. Probably my fav version on YYZ. Ged goes insane. Loved every second of it. 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Archived