good trip to the local record store today...

liddybuck01

Cool find on the vinyl!

Back in the 90's, there was a store in a neighboring town of Annandale, Virginia that sold used boots and such. Actually it was a trip to this store that I rebought my lost Show Of Hands tape and Signals cassettes and started a long journey back to Rush after last seeing them on the Counterparts tour and missing the Test for Echo tour. rofl3.gif

Anyway, there was always a ton of commercial Mercury era albums vinyl in that store. Never did see any Atlantic albums, 7" singles or promo releases though.

QUOTE (Motorshooter @ Jul 15 2010, 11:18 AM)
Cool, that Rush Through Time album is from 80 or 81, it was an unauthorized pressing. I don't know how many were produced, they only turn up once in a blue moon...good find 653.gif

Not totally unauthorized.

It was authorized by Mercury records, but done without the bands knowledge. I don't think they recieved any $ from it.

It was released in the Netherlands, New Zealand, and I think Germany.

Not all that rare. Copies do pop up on occasion. But for a few bucks, totally worth it as a collector. Nice find nontheless. Congrats!

BTW, RECORD STORES RULE!!!! Sifting through vinyl is always fun. You never know what you may find (as shown by the OP).

QUOTE (Motorshooter @ Jul 15 2010, 11:18 AM)
Cool, that Rush Through Time album is from 80 or 81, it was an unauthorized pressing. I don't know how many were produced, they only turn up once in a blue moon...good find 653.gif

you're half right

Rush had nothing to do with it - no input on the title, song selections etc

however, it was an official PolyGram release (not bootleg etc)

Rush's label at the time was PolyGram, who released all of their albums on the Mercury label in the USA, Vertigo in the UK and the Phonogram label (which Rush Through Time is) in the Netherlands

it's not common, but it doesn't trade for more than $10-$20 to Rush collectors (as a comp, there's nothing 'rare' on it)

[edit: much like what K4R just said biggrin.gif ]

here's a photo of mine (back cover as well, just for fun):

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/4WAT/RUSH/RTT.jpg

^ interestingly, the track listing is almost identical to a very rare promo record that came out before 'A Farewell To Kings' was released (only sent to DJ's):

'Everything Your Listeners Ever Wanted To Hear By Rush... But You Were Afraid To Play'

exactly the same, except 'Rush Through Time' replaced Lakeside Park with Cinderella Man, and Bacchus Plateau with CTTH

1. Fly By Night

2. Making Memories

3. Bastille Day

4. Something for Nothing

5. Lakeside Park [*Cinderella Man on RTT]

6. Anthem

1. 2112: Overture / Temples Of Syrinx

2. The Twilight Zone

3. Best I Can

4. Bacchus Plateau [*Closer To The Heart on RTT]

5. In The End

good memories... although it was long ago, that was a very fun record store day when I found this:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/4WAT/RUSH/RUSHEVERYTHING.jpg

not about records, but another cool thing I got today.

hubby went to our fave local musical instruments store and picked up two pairs of Snakes and Arrows drum sticks. they guy who works there called and told him they got them in cause he knows he's a fan lol I didn't even know they were available. we don't have a drum kit yet, so these are for decoration right now lol

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jul 15 2010, 10:00 AM)
yeah, they're decent. most of the albums there are price at $3 or $4.

the best thing i found there was the Buckingham Nicks album. it's super rare and hard to find. i almost died. it's funny when people don't know what they have.

the only thing that sucks is they put the price stickers right on them, and they don't come off. i've tried and i get half way and it rips. i just leave them on now but i really hate it.

Use a blow dryer to heat up the sticker and carefully peel it off. Should work but don't heat the record up...take it out first!

yes.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jul 15 2010, 11:34 AM)
what is this thing you speak of called a record store?

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Docmilsap @ Jul 16 2010, 04:08 PM)
Here's my Rush through time pic disc.

http://i32.tinypic.com/33wnr05.jpg

Very cool, I have the Hemispheres pic disc and one pressed in red a patrolium by-product...LOL...a record for you youngsters out there rofl3.gif

Archived