Epic songs Tour!

losingit2k

Personally, I dont see why they couldn't at least give us a few minutes of The Fountain of Lamneth or The Necromancer, if not some instrumental sections from the songs. The hardcore fans will be in prog Heaven.

Me included.

Ahh, but it will never happen. no.gif

I'd like to use the phrase "Never say never", but that would be stretching it just a bit.

One can dream though. yes.gif

beathorse.gif

The first two sections of The Necromancer have some of Lifeson's best soloing ever. Really sweet stuff right there! I honestly think we still might get a bit of a teaser jam from The 'mancer similar to what they did with Cygnus on the T4E tour.

Hemispheres tuned down... might that sound as good as Circumstances does? Is it do-able vocally? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Mr. Krinkle @ Jul 15 2010, 10:03 PM)
QUOTE (Joshua @ Jul 15 2010, 09:45 PM)

Hemispheres tuned down... might that sound as good as Circumstances does? Is it do-able vocally?  confused13.gif

I don't know.

It will be 'dark', that's for sure.

Bring that shit on plz. 1022.gif applaudit.gif

R30 was a great set list. But nothing close to Epic!

'R30 Overture' (medley, with Jerry Stiller intro film)

- Finding My Way->

- Anthem->

- Bastille Day->

- A Passage To Bangkok->

- Cygnus X-1 (Prologue)->

- Hemispheres (Prelude)

The Spirit of Radio

Force Ten

Animate

Subdivisions

Earthshine

Red Barchetta

Roll The Bones

Bravado

YYZ

The Trees (I Feel Fine & Day Tripper ending)

The Seeker

One Little Victory (with dragon intro)

(-Intermission-/'That Darned Dragon' intro)

Tom Sawyer

Dreamline

Secret Touch

Between the Wheels

Mystic Rhythms

Red Sector A

Drum Solo

Resist (acoustic)

Heart Full of Soul (acoustic)

2112 (Overture/Temples of Syrinx/Grand Finale)

La Villa Strangiato (with Lerxst rant)

By-Tor and the Snow Dog (abbreviated)->

Xanadu (abbreviated)->

Working Man (reggae ending)

Encore: Summertime Blues

Crossroads

Limelight (with Jerry Stiller outro film)

I remember loving this setlist until they played Mystic Rhythms! Red Sector A Brought back to life and then it caved in again at the Encore until they played Limelight! So if you replace Mystic Rhythms with Middletown Dreams and Summertime Blues and Crossroads with Jacobs Ladder! Then We have a real good Set! Even though Crossroads was pretty good! I did love the Medley at the beginning!

Well, Yes did do an "epic" tour back in 2000, with a set voted on by the fans. It wasn't a full-fledged tour, just 30 dates across the United States. The setlist was Close To The Edge, Starship Trooper, The Gates Of Delirium, Leaves Of Green, Heart Of The Sunrise, Ritual, I've Seen All Good People, and Roundabout. Considering they toured with Kansas (meaning they couldn't play for 3 hours) they could have added even more epic songs.

Of course, they pretty much toured nonstop from like 1999 to 2004 so it wasn't like Rush where you had to wait a few years for tours. And also, Jon Anderson could still hit a lot of those higher notes without him losing his voice. But Rush do have this new "system" where they do tours in consecutive years so I suppose if the first year was oldies and the second was the album tour, I'd be cool with it.

An Epic Song Tour to bring them out of retirement.

The 2016 RUSH LEGEND TOUR

I would add:

Anthem

Fly By Night

Bastille Day

Cinderella Man from the 70s

and

Mission

Marathon

Analog Kid

Territories

Presto

Superconductor from the 80s

but, the more I think about it, there are many other songs I'd add to that set list.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Well what I think would be awesome is instead of a final tour or epics tour they should end it all with Rush Fest....a 2 week festival where every night (except sundays for rest) Rush goes out and plays different songs or entire albums....not repeating any songs any night.....each night would be about 1 1/2 of music with a 20 min break in between 45 minute sets....the time leading up before can be filled with any number of Rush events or even tribute bands...i mean the things possible are endless...idk...i think it would be awesome

I would add:

Anthem
Fly By Night
Bastille Day
Cinderella Man from the 70s

and

Mission
Marathon
Analog Kid
Territories
Presto
Superconductor from the 80s

but, the more I think about it, there are many other songs I'd add to that set list.

Dude none of these are Epic Songs! Epic Songs are at least 9:00 minutes or longer! I think these songs will be good on their Farewell to Fans Tour!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 14 2010, 03:03 PM)
Well there it is! The question has been asked. Will Rush ever have an Epic Songs Tour? I truely hope they do. They have played several Epic songs on tour since the T4E tour and now they've added TCE to the list. Maybe they are working their way up to it. What do you think?

The set List might look Something like this:

set 1:

The Camera Eye
By Tour & The Snowdog
The Necromancer
YYZ
Jacobs Ladder
2112 (Entire)

Set 2:

Natural Science
Cygnus X1
Hemispheres (Entire)
MalNar / Drum Solo
Xanadu

Encore:

La Villa Strangiato
Tom Sawyer
The Spirit of Radio

This would be their best concert ever!

1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

I think you should add at least one song before the camera eye...

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 19 2010, 10:03 AM)
Dude none of these are Epic Songs! Epic Songs are at least 9:00 minutes or longer!

When did we define "epic songs" as such? By-Tor's under 9 minutes, and it seems like an epic to me. wink.gif

When did we define "epic songs" as such? By-Tor's under 9 minutes, and it seems like an epic to me.

Well it's close enough at 8:37! it's the only exception I'll make! If you notice it's in the set list! 2nd Songs too!

well Jacobs ladder is 7:28! Ok just shoot me! They are all Epics!

admin.gif

Archived