Epic songs Tour!

losingit2k

Well there it is! The question has been asked. Will Rush ever have an Epic Songs Tour? I truely hope they do. They have played several Epic songs on tour since the T4E tour and now they've added TCE to the list. Maybe they are working their way up to it. What do you think?

The set List might look Something like this:

set 1:

The Camera Eye

By Tour & The Snowdog

The Necromancer

YYZ

Jacobs Ladder

2112 (Entire)

Set 2:

Natural Science

Cygnus X1

Hemispheres (Entire)

MalNar / Drum Solo

Xanadu

Encore:

La Villa Strangiato

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

This would be their best concert ever!

1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 14 2010, 03:03 PM)
Well there it is! The question has been asked. Will Rush ever have an Epic Songs Tour? I truely hope they do. They have played several Epic songs on tour since the T4E tour and now they've added TCE to the list. Maybe they are working their way up to it. What do you think?

The set List might look Something like this:

set 1:

The Camera Eye
By Tour & The Snowdog
The Necromancer
YYZ
Jacobs Ladder
2112 (Entire)

Set 2:

Natural Science
Cygnus X1
Hemispheres (Entire)
MalNar / Drum Solo
Xanadu

Encore:

La Villa Strangiato
Tom Sawyer
The Spirit of Radio

This would be their best concert ever!

1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

Just add Fountain of Lamneth (maybe swap out the MP songs) and that would be an amazing show. 1022.gif

But most of the casual fans would probably be wtf.gif

Just add Fountain of Lamneth (maybe swap out the MP songs) and that would be an amazing show.

You know I was think of it I just didn't know where to put it! I guess at the middle of the first set: Like below:

The Camera Eye

By Tour & The Snowdog

The Necromancer

Fountain of Lamneth

Jacobs Ladder

La Villa Strangiato

Set 2:

Natural Science

Cygnus X1

Hemispheres (Entire)

MalNar/ Drum Solo

Xanadu

Encore:

2112 (Entire)

But Honestly. I think that adding The Fountain of Lamneth weakens any of the two set. IMO

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 14 2010, 03:24 PM)
Those tours already happened.
Yeah they happened but not all at the same time.

yes.gif

The "Tour of the Hemispheres" and the Permanent Waves tour were as good as it gets for "epic" setlists.

The "Tour of the Hemispheres" and the Permanent Waves tour were as good as it gets for "epic" setlists

I agree those were great set list! But why not have them all in the same setlist! Of Course it would have to be a tour just for us fans. Something along the lines of R30 and Time Machine tours.

1022.gif

As much as i love all of there epics, i am really more excited what there ganna throw at us for the Clockwork Angels tour. The album in entirety would be great. (Assuming the album will rock smile.gif)

As much as i love all of there epics, i am really more excited what there ganna throw at us for the Clockwork Angels tour. The album in entirety would be great. (Assuming the album will rock )

I think it will! I think it Will!

1022.gif

That'd be great (I wouldn't be too excited about the CoS tunes...although they'd probably be much better live), but poor Geddy might be able to get in 2 shows before blowing his vocal chords out--permanently!

Maybe you could put in more instrumentals so Ged could rest his voice.

Good God...that would be one helluva show, though!

I am seeing Rush this Monday at Mohegan live for the 16th time since I've been a kid. If I never see Tom Sawyer or Whitch Hunt one more time, it's ok with me. Once upon a time (within the last few years), Alex mentioned a b-side tour during an interview. Since most Rush Fans (or cult fans) are so devoted, why then not a b-side tour like the one (epic) mentioned.

Rush, please go for it!!

Guys if there's one thing that Rush does is surprise their fans. Yes they play many of the crowd favorites but they always roll us fans many bones! If past yeasr we have received 2112 in its entirety, Natural Science, By tor & the Snowdog, Xanadu, La Villa, Cygnus X-1 and now the camera Eye! Lets face it, all we need is for them to strike up Hemisphere and The Necromancer and decide to play them all in the same tour! I don't think it's that far fetched!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Instead of the Epic Songs Tour, they could call it the Songs That Geddy Can't Sing Anymore Tour. And it would be a very short one.

Even downtuned significantly (and how far can they stretch that before it ruins the song?) , it'd still be a tremendous strain on his voice. Don't get me wrong - it's a fun idea, but I just don't see it ever happening.

Personally I think Necromancer is a LOT better than TFoL and the standout on CoS. TFoL seriously is just too long and unfocused

I Conquer. Which is the reason I left it out of the initial set.

no.gif

Archived