The Law of Attraction

Gompers

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Sep 18 2012, 12:18 PM)
In order to assert a claim, you need to be able to SHOW your evidence.

Scientists can show me the calculations that prove the additional mass of the universe. Scientists can demonstrate the gravitational force of dark matter. Scientists can show the genetic evidence for evolution. Hell, even bigfoot researchers, for what it's worth, can show you the Patterson-Gimlin footage, and you can at least argue over the credibility of the film.

What can anyone here SHOW ME?

Wait 'til I finish my book and I''ll send a link to my bank account. THen you can sit back and happen.

I'm putting you to the challenge right here and now. Are you ready to watch my smoke while you sit there with your arms folded? I experienced it, and there IS scientific evidence to support it but it hasn't been completely interpreted yet. I understand you think the world is flat still because you haven't seen a picture of it yet but I happen to believe this energy is the cure to anxiety, depression, substance abuse, laziness, low energy, and can help even the distribution of wealth in this world which everyone has been griping about but doing nothing to make it better.

I, for one, believe in this stuff and the scientific community is just catching up to it. It's been known for thousands of years.

I accept your challenge! smile.gif

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Sep 18 2012, 01:42 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 18 2012, 11:35 AM)
QUOTE (KenJennings @ Sep 18 2012, 01:18 PM)

Scientists can show me the calculations that prove the additional mass of the universe. Scientists can demonstrate the gravitational force of dark matter. Scientists can show the genetic evidence for evolution. Hell, even bigfoot researchers, for what it's worth, can show you the Patterson-Gimlin footage, and you can at least argue over the credibility of the film.

Sounds similar to the atheist threads here. Responses to this would be similar to the faith arguments.

It is the same argument, and it is the same breaking point. Without something to show, there is no assertion that can be made.

Yup, it's also convenient how when I started reading about this vibrational energy business, I gave back into believing the supernatural and gave up my fight for Atheism, my world immediately started turning around. My return to a trusting a higher being or source, and asking for things from this source, my world got much better. And it still is. I also became much more thankful for everything good. I know great things are coming my way.

Sounds similar to the atheist threads here. Responses to this would be similar to the faith arguments.

It is the same argument, and it is the same breaking point. Without something to show, there is no assertion that can be made.

goodpost.gif

This is NOT science, people. No evidence can be shown to disprove it, so it cannot be proven scientifically.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falsifiability

K guys, I got some clues and here they are:

I have had $2000 on my mind for six months because that's what will get my house finished and sold and my grandmother, I just found out today keft me... get this... exactly $2000! And I found a bunch of musical gear for recirdingand I think it means I have to put the song up on itunes for people to hear and learn about this healing miracle of sorts. Also if I take all the clues about my life they suggest I was put here to teach ppl about this because there's too much suffering. But not only that, I've been given 3 different megamillions codes so I can have marketing money to get my message out in the form of my book, and it took me so long to get these clues, things are going to happen fast. I think I coukd even win tonite possibly. I realky believe I was sent to earth to send a message to help people with suffering that is self inflicted by accident. I am seeing myself on dr phil vividly. Hey, thus is fun! Why not believe? These clues have been haunting me since childhood. Wish me luck!!!

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 18 2012, 12:39 PM)

Yup, it's also convenient how when I started reading about this vibrational energy business, I gave back into believing the supernatural and gave up my fight for Atheism, my world immediately started turning around. My return to a trusting a higher being or source, and asking for things from this source, my world got much better. And it still is. I also became much more thankful for everything good. I know great things are coming my way.

Sounds like your world got better because you stopped 'fighting'---not because of what you were fighting for.

I fought for years to justify my religious beliefs, and when I gave them up and just trusted that the world was just a big random ball of rock and water, a weight came off my shoulders, and everything made sense. I didn't need to fight anymore.

If religion comes natural to you, roll with it. If atheism comes natural to you, roll with that. But whatever you believe internally, don't expect to push it on other people successfully, unless you can show them the evidence.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 30 2010, 06:33 AM)
Apparently this whole Law of Attraction thing is what "The Secret" is about.

It is. Frankly it's a psychological thing. If you think good things will happen you're more motivated to get out there and do what's necessary than if you sit around and say "life sucks and I'm just going through the motions". It's a divine explanation for a psychological state.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 18 2012, 10:34 AM)
QUOTE (Rushgrrrl @ Sep 18 2012, 12:34 PM)
I wouldn't call it supernatural, but thinking positive and telling the universe what you want can actually work. Plus it keeps you in the mindset that it WILL happen instead of just hoping it will. Yeah. smile.gif

Hi Mary! bekloppt.gif

Hi there Gompers smile.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Sep 19 2012, 05:24 PM)

It is. Frankly it's a psychological thing. If you think good things will happen you're more motivated to get out there and do what's necessary than if you sit around and say "life sucks and I'm just going through the motions". It's a divine explanation for a psychological state.

One should say to one's self, "Good things will happen if I go make them happen. "

Consider Snow White. She stayed at home, wishing that her prince would come. She expected happiness to come to her, rather than make her own happiness. In the real world, we can't afford to be like Snow White. We have to get out there and be positive, proactive, and earn our own happiness. Being negative and inactive will bring only misery.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Sep 19 2012, 05:10 PM)

Sounds like your world got better because you stopped 'fighting'---not because of what you were fighting for.

I fought for years to justify my religious beliefs, and when I gave them up and just trusted that the world was just a big random ball of rock and water, a weight came off my shoulders, and everything made sense. I didn't need to fight anymore.

If religion comes natural to you, roll with it. If atheism comes natural to you, roll with that. But whatever you believe internally, don't expect to push it on other people successfully, unless you can show them the evidence.

Stopped fighting? Oh, you mean another part of the Law of Attraction called the Law of Non-Resistance. It is the idea where power is given an the idea because you resist it. Like going against the flow. You make something stronger by giving it negative attention.

Edited by Gompers

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Sep 19 2012, 06:46 PM)

One should say to one's self, "Good things will happen if I go make them happen. "

Consider Snow White. She stayed at home, wishing that her prince would come. She expected happiness to come to her, rather than make her own happiness. In the real world, we can't afford to be like Snow White. We have to get out there and be positive, proactive, and earn our own happiness. Being negative and inactive will bring only misery.

It is important to act on intentions. Believe in the good and abandon the worry or doubt. This is key to letting the Law happen.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 19 2012, 06:35 PM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Sep 19 2012, 06:46 PM)

It is important to act on intentions. Believe in the good and abandon the worry or doubt. This is key to letting the Law happen.

I don't take much stock in any "Law", but I do know that positive attitudes, actions, and environments will increase one's chances of happiness and success. Nothing is guaranteed, no matter how hard one works towards any goal.

For example, a young woman in my area started her lifelong dream of being a teacher about a year ago. She excelled in college and was living the dream......until she crashed her car and was killed yesterday. sad.gif

Live life to the fullest NOW. You never know what may happen in the future.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 19 2012, 05:32 PM)
QUOTE (KenJennings @ Sep 19 2012, 05:10 PM)

Stopped fighting? Oh, you mean another part of the Law of Attraction called the Law of Non-Resistance. It is the idea where power is given an the idea because you resist it. Like going against the flow. You make something stronger by giving it negative attention.

But you don't make anything stronger by giving it negative attention. You just wear yourself out. There is no giving of power, there aren't energies and flows. There is human consciousness and decision making. These aren't "laws" they are just axioms designed to take advantage of your own attitude. Specious ones- at that.

Why can't it be enough to simply say "Have a positive attitude, work hard toward your goals, be true to- and believe in- yourself; and you will have better odds at success?" It doesn't need to be more convoluted than that- simple ways are best, 'go with the flow'.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Sep 19 2012, 08:40 PM)
But you don't make anything stronger by giving it negative attention. You just wear yourself out. There is no giving of power, there aren't energies and flows. There is human consciousness and decision making. These aren't "laws" they are just axioms designed to take advantage of your own attitude. Specious ones- at that.

Why can't it be enough to simply say "Have a positive attitude, work hard toward your goals, be true to- and believe in- yourself; and you will have better odds at success?" It doesn't need to be more convoluted than that- simple ways are best, 'go with the flow'.

To you, there is not nor will be. Again, the more you deny it, the more you won't see it because you want to not see it. Being blind to it is what you are asking for, and you are getting it! Of course if you want to be rich you have to work at it. Forward progress helps you believe. You also have to sincerely believe your desire and not let go of the idea that you will achieve it. Disbelief and doubt have always held people back.

The Law is something very real to those who have experienced it by allowing themselves to realize it. The Law actually exists in the Bible as well. Jesus spoke of it. To "become like little children" means to be accepting and not critical. To believe that asking means you will receive without question.

Don't get caught up in the terminology. Ya big tree is right. It's not really magic , it's not really supernatural, but is constantly at work, every day, whether you realize it or not. It's YOUR choice to be positive or negative, and that's your choice. Actually, freeing people's minds is the goal, because it leads to a better life. The only difference between a negative thinker and a positive thinker is the positive thinker utilizes the same information the negative person uses against them as a catalyst to work FOR them. And it ends up opening your eyes to a better understanding of the world so you can help make this world a better place, which is a need inside all of us. An Example: What do Neil Peart, Kid Rock, and Dr. Phil all have in common that many of us don't understand? Not the obvious things: they are all rich and successful, they are all celebrities. Let both Hemispheres of your brain work together and see if you can make the connection. Then we'll discuss it. Please try this. Thanks in advance... wink.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Sep 21 2012, 07:57 AM)
The only difference between a negative thinker and a positive thinker is the positive thinker utilizes the same information the negative person uses against them as a catalyst to work FOR them.

goodpost.gif

The positive thinker tends to have a more creative mind than the negative thinker.

The positive thinker will discover or construct alternatives, different routes to take, hidden opportunities new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif ....while the negative thinker simply gives up. .... new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Edited by Workaholic Man

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 20 2012, 12:59 PM)

To you, there is not nor will be. Again, the more you deny it, the more you won't see it because you want to not see it. Being blind to it is what you are asking for, and you are getting it! Of course if you want to be rich you have to work at it. Forward progress helps you believe. You also have to sincerely believe your desire and not let go of the idea that you will achieve it. Disbelief and doubt have always held people back.

The Law is something very real to those who have experienced it by allowing themselves to realize it. The Law actually exists in the Bible as well. Jesus spoke of it. To "become like little children" means to be accepting and not critical. To believe that asking means you will receive without question.

"Being Real" is not a subjective thing. And I'm certainly not asking to not believe in a thing, I'm asking to see evidence of its existence, and I'm NOT seeing it! Why doesn't the universe/God provide me the proof I'm focused on receiving, the proof that I'm asking for?

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Sep 22 2012, 09:21 AM)

"Being Real" is not a subjective thing. And I'm certainly not asking to not believe in a thing, I'm asking to see evidence of its existence, and I'm NOT seeing it! Why doesn't the universe/God provide me the proof I'm focused on receiving, the proof that I'm asking for?

I feel that the Universe DOES give you the evidence.

You are choosing not to SEE...

You get in your car most every day, yes? and you BELIEVE it will just start right up, and take you where you want to go.

And while that car is taking you where you want to go, you BELIEVE that most every one else driving is going to stay out of your way and not crash into you.

You BELIEVE the sun will come up tomorrow.

Everyday you put faith in things and BELIEVE, regardless of the evidence. IT is automatic. expected.

A belief is just a thought that you keep on thinking.

change your thought process, and watch your beliefs change as well.

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Sep 24 2012, 02:27 PM)

You get in your car most every day, yes? and you BELIEVE it will just start right up, and take you where you want to go.

And while that car is taking you where you want to go, you BELIEVE that most every one else driving is going to stay out of your way and not crash into you.

Everyday you put faith in things and BELIEVE, regardless of the evidence. IT is automatic. expected.

no.gif

Belief implies a lack of evidence. We have plenty of evidence that the sun will come up and the car will start. It's called the LAWS OF PHYSICS.

No belief involved. confused13.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Sep 24 2012, 12:27 PM)

I have eyes to see, ears to hear, hands with which to feel...

I believe my car will start every day, because it operated the day prior. Guess what, it doesn't ALWAYS start. I've arisen to a broken down car several times in my life.

My belief, which is based on the firm, real evidence of my vehicle's operation the previous day, has no bearing on reality.

I don't believe that everyone will stay out of my way. I'm not the center of their universe, and they aren't mine. I use awareness, reaction, and choice to avoid colliding with them. They do the same. But they might not.

My belief, which is based on the firm, real evidence that 999/1000 days, I make it to my destination without a problem, has no bearing on reality.

I believe that the sun will come up tomorrow, because science can show that it's been coming up for ~5 billion years. I have no reason to believe that will change, because it hasn't before. That doesn't mean that the Earth won't be hit by a meteorite tonight, stopping it's rotation cold.

My belief, which is based on the firm, real evidence of the Earth's history of constant solar cycles, has no bearing on reality.

A belief is just a best guess based on the evidence. Show me the evidence. Evidence isn't always right, and evidence can prove inconsistent. But if you want me to make a best guess in favor of a belief, you better show me something I can see with my eyes, hear with my ears or touch with my hands. Until then, there is ZERO reason to believe in anything.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Sep 25 2012, 09:51 PM)

I have eyes to see, ears to hear, hands with which to feel...

I believe my car will start every day, because it operated the day prior. Guess what, it doesn't ALWAYS start. I've arisen to a broken down car several times in my life.

My belief, which is based on the firm, real evidence of my vehicle's operation the previous day, has no bearing on reality.

I don't believe that everyone will stay out of my way. I'm not the center of their universe, and they aren't mine. I use awareness, reaction, and choice to avoid colliding with them. They do the same. But they might not.

My belief, which is based on the firm, real evidence that 999/1000 days, I make it to my destination without a problem, has no bearing on reality.

I believe that the sun will come up tomorrow, because science can show that it's been coming up for ~5 billion years. I have no reason to believe that will change, because it hasn't before. That doesn't mean that the Earth won't be hit by a meteorite tonight, stopping it's rotation cold.

My belief, which is based on the firm, real evidence of the Earth's history of constant solar cycles, has no bearing on reality.

A belief is just a best guess based on the evidence. Show me the evidence. Evidence isn't always right, and evidence can prove inconsistent. But if you want me to make a best guess in favor of a belief, you better show me something I can see with my eyes, hear with my ears or touch with my hands. Until then, there is ZERO reason to believe in anything.

I understand where you are coming from, Ken.

"Show me don't tell me..."

You'll believe "it" when you see "it" - the evidence - the cold, hard facts.

Living in faith and trusting in what you cannot see, feel, hear and taste are just not part of your physical existence.

And so it is...

smile.gif

You give, and you get back..whether it's monetary,material, or vibrations.

What goes around comes around. There were two stories I read on Yahoo

yesterday. One was about a punk 19 yr. old kid that was stealing stop

signs...well on his way to stealing another one, he got killed when his

truck got smashed into by a tractor-trailer. What got'em killed was he ran a stop sign. Another was about an actor, who beat an old woman to death, and then proceeded to fall off the building to his death.

Instant karma's gonna get ya, as John Lennon once said.

You give and you receive. I choose to live and act on the positive side as much as possible. Have a good hope for a better life and future.

I pray to God every day for good health, and I haven't been sick in years

and years. He is, after all, the great physician.

Being positive is much better for your body, mind , and soul, than living

your life in a negative vib....nothing good will come out of that scene.

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Sep 27 2012, 09:07 PM)
You give, and you get back..whether it's monetary,material, or vibrations.

What goes around comes around. There were two stories I read on Yahoo
yesterday. One was about a punk 19 yr. old kid that was stealing stop
signs...well on his way to stealing another one, he got killed when his
truck got smashed into by a tractor-trailer. What got'em killed was he ran a stop sign. Another was about an actor, who beat an old woman to death, and then proceeded to fall off the building to his death.

Instant karma's gonna get ya, as John Lennon once said.

You give and you receive. I choose to live and act on the positive side as much as possible. Have a good hope for a better life and future.
I pray to God every day for good health, and I haven't been sick in years
and years. He is, after all, the great physician.

Being positive is much better for your body, mind , and soul, than living
your life in a negative vib....nothing good will come out of that scene.

goodpost.gif