Rottentomatoes and Toy Story 3

Presto-digitation

For those who follow their RT ratings, that movie is PEGGED at 99% fresh reviews with over 200 reviews counted. That HAS to be at or near a record.

I'm sure there have been 100% reviews for either old classics or films that only had 20, 25 reviews counted. But for one getting, say, over 150 reviews....99% seems like it ought be a record.

Can anyone say if a film has ever garnered 100% with NUMEROUS reviews?

Thanks! See this film if you've not.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 10 2010, 08:48 PM)
I did spot that as well. If it's happened before, it's exceedingly rare.

And yet with all that, I still have zero desire to see this movie... unsure.gif

Why, because the characters aren't blue and it actually has a good story? tongue.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 10 2010, 06:02 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 10 2010, 08:48 PM)
I did spot that as well.  If it's happened before, it's exceedingly rare.

And yet with all that, I still have zero desire to see this movie...  unsure.gif

Why, because the characters aren't blue and it actually has a good story? tongue.gif

In general I just can't watch animated movies at all. Avatar was enough of a hybrid that I could handle it. Otherwise, I'd just much rather watch a movie with real actors. Nothing wrong with animation - I know a lot of animated movies are held in incredibly high regard, but I just can rarely sit through them.

Thanks for that link.

I'm going to have to dismiss old films. Judging classics now on RT is a bit pointless. Reverence has an impact I think. Who now is really going to take a shot at Citizen Kane?

Also going to have to discount reviews with much under 100 reviews as well. Hard to say where those same films scoring 100% would be if instead of 72 reviews they had 140 more. Contrarily Toy Story 3 at a mere 72 reviews might have also shed those three rotten reviews and be at 100%. Clearly the more reviews a film has the harder it is to maintain a high percentage.

Still, that leaves Toy Story 2 and Man On Wire with near 150 reviews at 100%...so that answers my question. smile.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 10 2010, 10:33 PM)
Judging classics now on RT is a bit pointless. Reverence has an impact I think. Who now is really going to take a shot at Citizen Kane?

I will. Citizen Kane is f**king boring.

There, that was easy.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 10 2010, 07:48 PM)
I did spot that as well. If it's happened before, it's exceedingly rare.

And yet with all that, I still have zero desire to see this movie... unsure.gif

I don't particularly care to see it either. I never saw the first two, for one thing. For another, animated feel-good films aren't my cup o' tea. I can watch a good drama, a good comedy, sci-fi, fantasy, whatever... but movies that exist solely to get a "awwwww *tear, tear*" reaction from the crowd... no, thanks.

Check out the reviews for this Swedish vampire flick " Let the right one In"...i happened to catch it the other night, and i enjoyed it..

97% at Rotten...with 155 reviews...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lat_den_ra...#contentReviews

Edited by Xanadoood

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jul 10 2010, 10:16 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 10 2010, 07:48 PM)
I did spot that as well.  If it's happened before, it's exceedingly rare.

And yet with all that, I still have zero desire to see this movie...  unsure.gif

I don't particularly care to see it either. I never saw the first two, for one thing. For another, animated feel-good films aren't my cup o' tea. I can watch a good drama, a good comedy, sci-fi, fantasy, whatever... but movies that exist solely to get a "awwwww *tear, tear*" reaction from the crowd... no, thanks.

I saw the first one when it came out because (if memory serves) it was the first completely computer generated animated movie and I was fascinated by the technology. The movie itself was "cute." That's about as much as I can say for it.

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jul 11 2010, 01:38 AM)
Check out the reviews for this Swedish vampire flick " Let the right one In"...i happened to catch it the other night, and i enjoyed it..

97% at Rotten...with 155 reviews...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lat_den_ra...#contentReviews

REally GOOD film. Too bad it's being remade already. UGH. The original is just fine.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jul 11 2010, 12:14 AM)
Judging classics now on RT is a bit pointless.  Reverence has an impact I think.  Who now is really going to take a shot at Citizen Kane?

There, that was easy.

Ok....WHO on RT whose reviews are generally posted? smile.gif I'm not a fan of the film either, but then again I'm not a movie reviewer either.

What's a positive review? Praise isn't across the board. I like Star Wars enough to give it a positive review, but I don't think it's a great movie. My point is a 100% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes doesn't necessarily mean it's a great movie but just a good one.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 11 2010, 07:08 AM)
What's a positive review? Praise isn't across the board. I like Star Wars enough to give it a positive review, but I don't think it's a great movie. My point is a 100% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes doesn't necessarily mean it's a great movie but just a good one.

you have to read the reviews, or at least the excerpts they have there (you can click on each one for full reviews), to see if the reviews are genuinely truly great or just good enough to be more positive than negative. generally movies that get 90% or more are better than just "good enough" or that percentage would be lower.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jul 11 2010, 12:14 AM)
Judging classics now on RT is a bit pointless.  Reverence has an impact I think.  Who now is really going to take a shot at Citizen Kane?

There, that was easy.

Yeah I know man! All it had was amazing dialogue and amazing story!

Oh wait....