Chris Langone's Explanation

chrislangone

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jul 16 2010, 04:53 PM)
QUOTE (chrislangone @ Jul 16 2010, 04:08 PM)
...the Sun Times would not report on a non-existent lawsuit. And as I mentioned earlier, they have a legal beat reporter over at the courthouse reviewing all the new filings as they come in.

...the recent Sun Time article shows they have their spin machine operating and are well aware of this lawsuit.

So.

The Sun Times are a respectable newspaper who employ experts and only report the facts... and The Sun Times are manipulative, lying, biased spin doctors.

Which one is it, again?

I meant the recent Sun Times article shows that Live Nation has their spin machine going. Not the Sun Times. I edited the post to clarify.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chrislangone @ Jul 16 2010, 03:59 PM)
They told me they follow Live Nation's policy, now that I have gotten Live Nation to change their policy due to the prompt filing of my lawsuit (which was part of the goal), I can go back to Stub Hub.

That has been Ticketmaster's policy for quite some time now regarding rescheduled shows. I was the one that first posted their policy in this thread and it is because I've used it before several years ago. Your lawsuit (if there even is one) did not change a thing with their policy. Ticketmaster has always offered refunds for rescheduled shows.

Edited by spacement

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jul 16 2010, 05:53 PM)
...the Sun Times would not report on a non-existent lawsuit. And as I mentioned earlier, they have a legal beat reporter over at the courthouse reviewing all the new filings as they come in.

...the recent Sun Time article shows they have their spin machine operating and are well aware of this lawsuit.

So.

The Sun Times are a respectable newspaper who employ experts and only report the facts... and The Sun Times are manipulative, lying, biased spin doctors.

Which one is it, again?

Live Nation have their spin machine operating, not the Sun Times.

Reading comprehension FTW! laugh.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jul 16 2010, 06:21 PM)
QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jul 16 2010, 05:04 PM)
Reading comprehension FTW!  laugh.gif

Your yelling is incredibly endearing.

I didn't realise I was yelling. It's my impression that acronyms are usually capitalised.

I apologise if I hurt your ears. laugh.gif

QUOTE (chrislangone @ Jul 16 2010, 05:08 PM)

Not sure of the case number - my lawyers told me they filed it, I didn't ask for case number. Anyway, there is a lawsuit, the Sun Times would not report on a non-existent lawsuit. And as I mentioned earlier, they have a legal beat reporter over at the courthouse reviewing all the new filings as they come in. This is how it got picked up by the Sun Times.

welllllllll..........

ASK!!!!!!

please?

QUOTE (wibblet @ Jul 16 2010, 06:39 PM)

Not sure of the case number - my lawyers told me they filed it, I didn't ask for case number. Anyway, there is a lawsuit, the Sun Times would not report on a non-existent lawsuit. And as I mentioned earlier, they have a legal beat reporter over at the courthouse reviewing all the new filings as they come in. This is how it got picked up by the Sun Times.

welllllllll..........

ASK!!!!!!

please?

I second that motion! yes.gif

QUOTE (safetygirl2112 @ Jul 16 2010, 07:22 PM)
QUOTE (wibblet @ Jul 16 2010, 06:39 PM)

welllllllll..........

ASK!!!!!!

please?

I second that motion! yes.gif

I agree or at least a way to confirm the case exists.

How about scanning a receipt from stub hub too?

I hope this all does not end up being part of his dissertation....

Ive given this a lot of thought, and I think this is all crap. First of all, if one travels to a show from far away, that's on you if something (anything) goes wrong. If you traveled from Pakistan and had filet mignon in first class, should Rush or the ticket broker be liable for that? No. The band has to deal with some company to run the logistics of the tour - and that company gives refunds. Another company, a re-seller, doesnt come across 100% and your going to sue the band? Last I checked Rush doesnt own StubHub. I could go on, but wont, I just think this lawsuit is nonsense. Another thing on a personal level - if you travel that far and incur expense to go to an outdoor show all on the promise of the little words on the ticket "rain or shine" then. legal or not, thats on you, its your risk, and neither the band, nor ticketmaster (who would have happily given you a refund, but not for your silly travel expenses) nor anyone else should have to pay. This is common today, shirking personal responsibility to blame others. Despite a rain or shine or the tickets, you really took a chance (a rather unintelligent one if you ask me) going sooo far for a purely outdoor show. If you had half a brain you would have invested money in a trip to a location that had a shed. Sorry, but I dont buy it. And the fact that Rush may actually be served with this lawsuit makes me nauseated. If I were them, Id tear it up to the cheers of the assembled crowd. Edited by lerxt1990

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 16 2010, 10:13 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 15 2010, 02:56 PM)
This thread will not be moved to SOCN. If people are purposely hijacking this thread with political content to try to get it moved or closed, they will be unsuccessful. This thread is staying here, and it's staying open.

The only action that might be taken is to split off any off-topic posts into a separate thread, leaving this one on-topic. And open.

And this is what we did.

All we ask is that we keep this thread focused on the lawsuit.

No need to quote this and comment on it. Let's just move forward. Thanks for your cooperation.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 16 2010, 04:42 AM)
QUOTE (The Slanny Ganizat @ Jul 16 2010, 01:22 AM)
"Arguing on the internet is a lot like the special olympics.  Even if you win, you're still retarded."  (No offense to the special olympics or its participants...)

I'll get slammed for taking this thread off topic, but I can't help it.

You can't post something like this, followed by "no offense" and think that makes it okay. Sorry, you just can't. The offense is already made.

Yes, I have a child with special needs (including mental retardation) and I can't help it if I seem un-PC, I just HATE seeing jokes like this used so casually.

Again, I'm sorry for going off topic. A hard night of dealing with my son, only to see this in a thread this morning was just more than I could take.

Hey GG! Long time no type.

I doubt you will get slammed, Jim is being very cool about this thread.

I didn't know that about your son. I apologize for the "laugh."

The Special Olympics are a great creation.

I wish your son nothing but the best.

Earl

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 16 2010, 05:39 PM)
Ive given this a lot of thought, and I think this is all crap. First of all, if one travels to a show from far away, that's on you if something (anything) goes wrong. If you traveled from Pakistan and had filet mignon in first class, should Rush or the ticket broker be liable for that? No. The band has to deal with some company to run the logistics of the tour - and that company gives refunds. Another company, a re-seller, doesnt come across 100% and your going to sue the band? Last I checked Rush doesnt own StubHub. I could go on, but wont, I just think this lawsuit is nonsense. Another thing on a personal level - if you travel that far and incur expense to go to an outdoor show all on the promise of the little words on the ticket "rain or shine" then. legal or not, thats on you, its your risk, and neither the band, nor ticketmaster (who would have happily given you a refund, but not for your silly travel expenses) nor anyone else should have to pay. This is common today, shirking personal responsibility to blame others. Despite a rain or shine or the tickets, you really took a chance (a rather unintelligent one if you ask me) going sooo far for a purely outdoor show. If you had half a brain you would have invested money in a trip to a location that had a shed. Sorry, but I dont buy it. And the fact that Rush may actually be served with this lawsuit makes me nauseated. If I were them, Id tear it up to the cheers of the assembled crowd.

good post. I concur.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 16 2010, 08:39 PM)
If you had half a brain you would have invested money in a trip to a location that had a shed. 

Probably the only part of your post I disagree with. Reading dudes posts, he seems quite intelligent. But yes, I agree with you.. I agree with trout- it is nauseating. It's like suing a member of your family. It's about saying, I assume no personal risk or responsibility for my actions. Just because a ticket says rain or shine isn't an iron clad guarantee of a performance. You ever go to a baseball game and it gets rained out? Well baseball plays in the rain- there's precedent for that- so do you sue when you travel 1000 miles to see a baseball game and it gets rained out? Do you sue everytime life lets you down?

Filing a lawsuit against Rush.. threatening to serve Rush over a cancelled show that was cancelled for reasons of safety and to avoid equipment malfunctions that could affect shows down the road is a dick move IMO. Trumpeting about on every Rush blog site you can find, adverstizing that you have sued Rush and giving laypersons the perception that you already served Rush and not revealing you actually haven't until days later.. that's a dick move. And using the threat of service against Rush unless Stubhub or whoever does "right" by you = dick move. Do you think every local who attended should get .50 cents per mile vehicle travel expense reimbursed too? What you do is you dry your eyes about your beer costs and your hotel and whatever the hell else you think Rush owes you, man up and realize you made a calculated risk with this show and you lost. If Stubhub will give you some amount of refund (like the face value), take it and get on with your life. If you can't get a refund and have to take rescheduled tickets, you take them and resell them on StubHub and get on with your life. I guess that may sound too boring if your motive for your litigious crusade against Rush is to be some kind of hero to the downtrodden. The fact that you would involve Rush in a lawsuit a day (or was it two) after the cancelled event before the show has a chance to be rescheduled tells me you did not attempt to resolve it reasonably first- and that says it all. Involving Rush in a lawsuit as basically your first course of action is revolting to me, but I will give you credit for trying to explain yourself here. If you do serve Rush I hope you lose, and if something you've posted here works against you, that will be sweet justice.

Okay, I have to say this. Now that Rush has rescheduled the show, and it is not in September (Chris said he could not make a sept gig) is Chris going to drop the lawsuit? Or wouldn't he be able to unload the tickets?

I don't believe I have criticized or insulted anyone in this debate, and it is not my intent, but to me pursuing with the lawsuit now seems to totally undermine the stated intent of the suit....

I'm just curious.. popcorn.gif

QUOTE (ProfGumby @ Jul 19 2010, 06:55 AM)
Okay, I have to say this. Now that Rush has rescheduled the show, and it is not in September (Chris said he could not make a sept gig) is Chris going to drop the lawsuit? Or wouldn't he be able to unload the tickets?

I don't believe I have criticized or insulted anyone in this debate, and it is not my intent, but to me pursuing with the lawsuit now seems to totally undermine the stated intent of the suit....

I'm just curious.. popcorn.gif

Chris already stated that he cannot make any other Chicago date. Doesn't matter what the date is. I believe he is still going forward with the lawsuit at this point. Hopefully we get an update from him soon, as well as a case number.

QUOTE (jtm9734 @ Jul 19 2010, 01:27 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jul 10 2010, 05:02 PM)
I just spoke with Neil, and he'll swing by tommorrow night with your refund.

This was an a-hole-ish statement. Totally unnecessary.

I actually thought that was pretty funny. yes.gif laugh.gif unsure.gif ph34r.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 19 2010, 01:29 PM)
QUOTE (jtm9734 @ Jul 19 2010, 01:27 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jul 10 2010, 05:02 PM)
I just spoke with Neil, and he'll swing by tommorrow night with your refund.

This was an a-hole-ish statement. Totally unnecessary.

I actually thought that was pretty funny. yes.gif laugh.gif unsure.gif ph34r.gif

+1