Chris Langone's Explanation

chrislangone

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tangy @ Jul 12 2010, 09:23 AM)
This likely is an exercise in futility as the date will either be canceled or rescheduled before this can go to trial.

But see...here's where the conspiracy theorist in me comes forth: I don't think he wants this to go to trial. There's probably some gamble here that the band will want to avoid publicity and can make this go away for $500 (or whatever small amount), and will refund the ticket just to shut him up. I can see no other logic in attacking th eproblem this way.

QUOTE (Ron2112 @ Jul 12 2010, 09:28 AM)
This likely is an exercise in futility as the date will either be canceled or rescheduled before this can go to trial.

But see...here's where the conspiracy theorist in me comes forth: I don't think he wants this to go to trial. There's probably some gamble here that the band will want to avoid publicity and can make this go away for $500 (or whatever small amount), and will refund the ticket just to shut him up. I can see no other logic in attacking th eproblem this way.

See, I don't think it's just about the tickets though. LiveNation/Rush/StubHub/whoever wouldn't normally refund the travel costs and out of pocket expenses that the suit is trying to recover. That is the reason for not dealing with the companies directly. The only way to get that additional money is by suing - or appearing to sue. I believe you're right that he doesn't want this to go to trial. At that point, the expenses involved with actually fighting the case will make buying new tickets look like dropping a few pennies on a pack of gum.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jul 12 2010, 09:34 AM)
QUOTE (Ron2112 @ Jul 12 2010, 09:28 AM)

See, I don't think it's just about the tickets though. LiveNation/Rush/StubHub/whoever wouldn't normally refund the travel costs and out of pocket expenses that the suit is trying to recover. That is the reason for not dealing with the companies directly. The only way to get that additional money is by suing - or appearing to sue. I believe you're right that he doesn't want this to go to trial. At that point, the expenses involved with actually fighting the case will make buying new tickets look like dropping a few pennies on a pack of gum.

I have considered this to be a frivolous lawsuit since reading about it.

At what point does this come back to bite him in the ass?

I can't imagine Cornell is all that happy he is out there parading about associating himself with the school.

Edited by tangy

I said it on the first page and I will say it again here. This is about Stub Hub and nothing else.

Had he not bought from a scalper he would already have his money back.

yes.gif I have said it a thousand times, Scalpers Suck . I do think it's funny he wants his Beer money back laugh.gif .

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 12 2010, 07:42 AM)
I said it on the first page and I will say it again here. This is about Stub Hub and nothing else.

yes.gif I have said it a thousand times, Scalpers Suck . I do think it's funny he wants his Beer money back laugh.gif .

He has already stated that he doesn't want his beer money back, just the cost of the tickets so he can go to another show.

QUOTE (The Slanny Ganizat @ Jul 12 2010, 10:22 AM)

He has already stated that he doesn't want his beer money back, just the cost of the tickets so he can go to another show.

Except that he is. From the first post:

5. I am not suing for my air fare, or beers. I am only asking for the money spent on tickets, travel costs to the show, and out of pocket losses.
He's asking for the tickets, the travel costs and out of pocket losses - i.e. his airfare and the aforementioned beers. True, that very sentence contradicts itself, but hey, he's a lawyer, and that's to be expected. banghead.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jul 12 2010, 10:30 AM)
QUOTE (The Slanny Ganizat @ Jul 12 2010, 10:22 AM)

Except that he is. From the first post:

5. I am not suing for my air fare, or beers. I am only asking for the money spent on tickets, travel costs to the show, and out of pocket losses.
He's asking for the tickets, the travel costs and out of pocket losses - i.e. his airfare and the aforementioned beers. True, that very sentence contradicts itself, but hey, he's a lawyer, and that's to be expected. banghead.gif

I also found it strange how much of a contradiction that statement was.

Anyway, this is one of the reasons I will never use StubHub.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 12 2010, 10:26 AM)
It's a pity there are not more rational human beings posting in this thread. Some of you just see what you want to see.

It's pretty clear to me. I'm out of this one.....

There are plenty of rational posts in this thread. And there are some irrational ones as well, and there's nothing wrong with those as long as they don't get personal. This thread is starting to derail because people are starting to get personal.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 12 2010, 11:26 AM)
It always cracks me up when, on a message board, one poster calls out another poster for not knowing what he's talking about because of his post count...like this guy doesn't have any merit to what he's saying because he's not a regular on here....awesome

Hey man, you've only got 1,243 posts. STFU. z7shysterical.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 12 2010, 12:26 PM)
It always cracks me up when, on a message board, one poster calls out another poster for not knowing what he's talking about because of his post count...like this guy doesn't have any merit to what he's saying because he's not a regular on here....awesome

To be fair, this is what Cocky said to Ron2112:

Yeah, you know tons about me Mr. 121 posts.

That's different than him saying Ron doesn't have enough posts to comment on the lawsuit.

But we're talking about this instead of the lawsuit because those two guys decided to get personal with each other.

Here's the deal: This has been a very interesting thread so far except for the personal battles that have popped up recently. It would be nice to see this keep going. But we'll have to close this thread if people can't stop attacking other posters instead of discussing the issue.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 11 2010, 09:02 PM)
QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jul 11 2010, 07:40 PM)
http://www.rushisaband.com/graphics/ti/full/5111.jpg

Then why does the ticket or show info say "rain or shine" - thats the real rub here.

So you think the show should have gone on even under these conditions? You think the fans would have been happy sitting in the rain for three hours (potentially) watching the band?

My point was that I think most fans were probably relieved that the show was reascheduled, hoping for a nicer evening at a later date. Maybe not those who spend money to travel there like Mr. Langone, but that's the chance you take on an open air show.

Just because the ticket says "rain or shine," I'm sure that can be over-ridden by safety concerns. The back the ticket says the event date is scheduled to change, so they're covered. And looking at those bruised and sullen stormclouds, I think it's absolutely understandable that the band or management or venue would choose to reschedule the show. I think most fans would be initially dissapointed, but probably relieved for a chance for a much nicer evening at a later date.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 12 2010, 11:41 AM)
But we're talking about this instead of the lawsuit because those two guys decided to get personal with each other.

Point of order: "two guys" didn't get personal with each other. One got personal over the other's post count, suggested lack of understanding of how the legal system works, and reading comprehension ability.

Peace,

Ron

Edited by Ron2112

You know what? They did not do the show because of concerns about safety.

Can you imagine the hell that could have broken loose if they did the show and someone got hurt or killed? Then what kind of lawsuits would they be getting hit with?

Ok, so the ticket says "Rain or Shine" but doesn't common sense prevail at some point? If there's a tornado that's about to sweep down and lift the band up, maybe they shouldn't play? As WCFIELDS said, there is language on the back of the ticket saying something like this "could" happen. It sucks that it did, but that's the way it goes.

My question to Chris Langone is this: If the ticket had NOT said "Rain or Shine" would you have done all this, spent all this money, etc, anyway?

Or did you and your group do all this just because the ticket said Rain or Shine?

We've become such a litigious country. If the show had gone on and someone slipped and fell there'd be a lawsuit. Show is cancelled and thetre's a lawsuit. Can't win...and there's no such thing as common sense.

I once paid scalper prices for a baseball game that got rained out...I was screwed so it was....common sense told me there was a chance that could happen

Langone's pal: "Dude, I dunno. It's an outdoor joint. What if it rains and they cancel?"

Chris Langone: "No worries, bro. It says 'Rain Or Shine' right on the ticket. What, are you gonna melt if you get wet? Har! Har! *snort* Har!"

Langone's pal: "Tee-hee-hee! Good one"

************show gets cancelled****************

Langone's pal: "Dude, this sucks. We spent all this money"

Mrs. Langone: "No, Chris spent all this money. Goddamnit, Chris!" *scowls angrily*

Langone: "Oh shit.... Well, uh...."

Langone's pal: "Dude, this is so unbearably inconvenient and dissappointing! What are we gonna do?!"

Mrs. Langone: "I can't believe you cost us all this time and money! No sex for you!"

Langone: "Wait, I'm still a valid male and worthy friend. I'm also a lawyer who is intellectually superior to most everyone I encounter in life. I'll sue! I'll take control of this situation somehow and get my way no matter what!"

I hope Rush or their reps fight this. They almost have to otherwise any other time this issue shows up, they will be paying.

You chose to buy from a scalper. You chose to fly from NY to Chicago. You chose to trust that the show would go on. It didn't and your pissed. Fine. Grow up and realize that Shit happens!

I hope you can afford the attorneys that represent RUSH cause $500 is nothing to what you will end up paying when you lose.

Good luck. You're gonna need it.

Do you sue your girlfriend if you buy ticktes to a movie and she cancels on you?

QUOTE (Docmilsap @ Jul 12 2010, 01:55 PM)
Can I ask what a scalper is? don't think we have this in the UK?

A scalper is someone who buys tickets solely for the purpose of selling them right before the show (traditionally with a ridiculous up-charge attached). They're mostly illegal in the U.S.

Per RIAB an makeup date has been announced:

Canceled Chicago show rescheduled for August 23rd

According to Live Nation and Ticketmaster, the July 7th show at the Charter One Pavilion in Chicago that was canceled has been rescheduled for Monday, August 23rd. The show had been canceled because heavy rains caused some damage to Rush's stage equipment. One fan filed a lawsuit against the band for the canceled show. There's no official word from Rush yet on the reschedule. Thanks to comedianshaun and malterb for the heads up.

http://www.rushisaband.com/

That didn't take very long did it?

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jul 12 2010, 01:56 PM)
QUOTE (Docmilsap @ Jul 12 2010, 01:55 PM)
Can I ask what a scalper is? don't think we have this in the UK?

A scalper is someone who buys tickets solely for the purpose of selling them right before the show (traditionally with a ridiculous up-charge attached). They're mostly illegal in the U.S.

Until the show starts and then they get ridiculously marked down. wink.gif I've done this at a few concerts but never for Rush. I've got to see them from beginning to end.