toronto ticket giveaway

andy reid

trink38.gif look this is how it is,i was lucky enough to get tickets for the show at the acc july 17th block 109,row 20 in the pre-sales.

now that in itself is not amazing,but i happen to live in the uk (god save our gracious Queen ,and all that),and unfortunatly have been hanging out for a cheap flight over.

Now this is where my plan has fallen apart,as there are not any.

Its a bit late in the day to sell the tickets,so rather than let them go to waste, i would like to give you, the good people of the rush forum(or 2 of you at least) a night out on me .

All i want you to do is give me a good reason why i should give them to you,and maybe i will.

I shall mail them as Quick as possible and hopefully they will get there in time,you have nothing to lose.

i am gutted that i can't make it this time,but will be a little happier if a fellow rush fan enjoys it.

cheers Andy.

P.s. if i win the lottery this weekend,please disregard this posting.

trink39.gif you can feel safe sending them to me. i have a great interest in seeing rush in toronto. i've seen them in many other places in north america, since the early 80's when i was just a wee lad. i would represent you and your family very well. i will be a kind and helpful audience member. plus, i'll get backstage and get autographs for you. i may also ask them to send their jet to you in the UK. you can fly back to north america with geddy and alex, sound ok? trink39.gif 2.gif

I wish I lived in Toronto... smile.gif

Andy is correct, the airfare these days is killer to cross the pond. Just booked business tickets (coach) to Dusseldorf from Minneapolis round trip. Darn near $2000 USD. 3 years ago the same trip was about $700. Glad I'm not paying for the ticket.

Looking forward to a day in Amsterdam .. cool10.gif

The tickets sound good, I'm interested to hear people plead their cases.

2.gif

(edited for typos)

Edited by duntov1966

Although I'm only 16, I've been a die hard fan for years. I've never had the opportunity to see them live even though I live in Toronto. Rush is my absolute favourite band, and I was planning on going to see them this tour, but I just didn't have the money. I recently got a job and only now have I made enough for tickets, but now the only tickets you can find are either nosebleeds or terribly over priced.

I can't promise you an autograph or any other out of the ordinary claim, but from one generation of Rush fans to the next I ask you for these tickets. Think of it as a passing of the torch.

trink39.gif

I say paulp fiction gets em. as long as you can verify he has transpo to the gig. Good on ya!

Can't help but notice that you only became a member of the rush forum today the same day as my rush giveaway,come on you lot bloody hell whats the matter with you all,the first time i went to see rush was at the hammersmith odeon in london in 1979. ever since then i have since been to see them every time they have been to the u.k.

The last time i saw them i got off my arse in 2007 and came over to yours and went to see them at the hollywood bowl ,which was great.

Going to the hometown gig would have sort of been of the final piece of the jigsaw for me ,but i can't make it, and i am gutted,but if i had been offered free,

bloody good seats at any stage of my life i would of had your bloody arm off.

sometimes its nice to do something good ,for someone you don't even know,

I'm going to bed now

night!.

I know I joined today, but I've been a 'guest' on this forum for a while now. I'm not really the outgoing type, so I generally just use this forum for info.

But you gotta put yourself in my shoes, if you were a frequent 'guest' on this forum and you saw someone giving away free tickets to a London gig, you'd sign up to the forum as well, especially if you're a giant Rush fan.

QUOTE (yyz98 @ Jul 9 2010, 07:14 PM)
It isn't a London gig, it is a Canada gig. SO, who is driving again?

I am aware of that, but I said London because Andy Reid is a resident of the UK, thus it would be easier for him to attend the show. I was just making an example.

I say give it to Paulp Fiction as well.. who gives a flying crap WHY he joined and posted... the fact remains, he DID post, and he DOES indeed want to go badly.

I was a guest on this forum for quite some time, until I desperately needed a question answered regarding mailing presale tickets. And since then, I frequently have been posting on this forum.

You know, one thing that makes me sick are people who think they are superior to others just because they've known/experienced something longer. So the kid is only 16, and you'e probably much older and saw Rush a million times? Good for you. Your name doesn't look familiar to me. Did you just join on the day where you posted your "ticket giveaway"?

Same thing, buddy.

In case you haven't noticed, tickets are highly overpriced nowadays due to struggling economic times. They are no longer 10 dollars at the door like they would have been back in 1979 when you could see any concert you wanted to at the snap of your fingers, due to the low prices and lesser demand for seeing acts that weren't regarded as legendary yet.

So forgive him for getting a job wheen he's 16, and can't afford tickets just yet. GAH!

For some reason, this post made me so angry, I don't usually lash out like that laugh.gif

Edited by Hemispheres89

I am a poor college student pursuing a Bachelors of Education in Music(noble persuit right?) looking to see them in Toronto. Pretty please with a cherry on top? wink.gif

It's very kind of you to offer this up.

right because i like the bit about the cherry,(and not too many others want them,i don,t get you lot),mr krlowe gets the tickets.

I shall pop them in the post tomorrow,if you send your details to-acogs64@msn.com,and i truly hope they reach you in time.

i would be grateful if you could do me one small favour though,should you see hemispheres89 would you be able to pick all his toys up and put them back into his pram(tee hee),

Cheers for now,

I thank-you,

and goodbye.

Just chiming in here to say that this is one of the nicest things I've seen here on this forum lately. andy reid, you're a good guy. trink39.gif I am mystified as to why there were so few respondents myself!

krlowe, you oughta send him a t-shirt or something - yes.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 11 2010, 01:14 PM)
Just chiming in here to say that this is one of the nicest things I've seen here on this forum lately.  andy reid, you're a good guy.  trink39.gif  I am mystified as to why there were so few respondents myself!

krlowe, you oughta send him a t-shirt or something -  yes.gif

Definitely nice to see...this ones for you Andy Reid trink39.gif